• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Brackets: Round 8 Azurill vs Bonsly

Well the last round ended quite fast. So now we are onto the final fight of our first round in the brackets! We have Azurill from the Pokemon series, Submitted by Psychomaster35, going up against Bonsly, Also from the Pokemon series, Submitted by 00potato

The Current Standings

Since they scale to the same speed. No need to equalize it

Both are in their First Key. (AKA, the Pokemon they actually are in this fight)

Azurill scales to 0.62 Tons of TNT

Bonsly scales to 0.62 Tons of TNT

That should be all. Let's finish this round!

Azurill: 3

Bonsly: 6

Inconclusive/Draw

Azually, Bonsly has a good chance, Azurill, according to the Pokédex fights with its tail usually, which is good for Bonsly due to his high defense.

Counter negates physical attacks and Tearful look weakens all attacks.

Bonsly also has better aggressive stats and doesn't even look like a rock, he looks like a tree so Azurill might not even know to use water.

I mean, what moves do they have access to? All of them that they learn, or only naturally learned moves?

Azurill (Normal/Fairy) has water moves, and it has the weakness exploiting advantage (Rock).

I know, but it still has water moves to exploit Bonsly's weakness to Water due to being a Rock type.

Azurill doesn't tend to start with that in character anyway

Also, Bonsly looks more like a small tree-like creature then a rock, Azurill might not even think to use water type moves unless the literal baby has knowledge about this already.

Ok, don't just FRA this, I will come back to this tomorrow morning to finish this up, just remember to deal with the points I raised at least.

Bonsly has debuffs to negate the buffs.

And why would Azurill know to negate the weakness? Bonsly looks tree-like rather then rock like, so Azurill won't know what the weakness is at a glance.

Azurill doesn't even tend to use water attacks, the Pokédex says and I quote " It battles by flinging around its tail, which is bigger than its body. The tail is a floatation device in water." so it won't start with water moves for multiple reasons. This allows Bonsly to use his superior physical stats and stronger moves, such a Double Edge to deal with Azurill quickly.

Back