• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Brackets: Round 8 Azurill vs Bonsly

00potato said:
Bonsly has debuffs to negate the buffs.

And why would Azurill know to negate the weakness? Bonsly looks tree-like rather then rock like, so Azurill won't know what the weakness is at a glance.

Azurill doesn't even tend to use water attacks, the Pokédex says and I quote " It battles by flinging around its tail, which is bigger than its body. The tail is a floatation device in water." so it won't start with water moves for multiple reasons. This allows Bonsly to use his superior physical stats and stronger moves, such a Double Edge to deal with Azurill quickly.
By fighting with its tail, that means its more likely to have access to Iron Tail, which is indeed an alternate weakness to Bonsly.

Ill admit: most buffs and debuffs they own can cancel each other out, but you are missing one stat: evasion. And Azurill has just that and Bonsly doesnt, hence, the many clones would just confuse Bonsly of what its attacking.

Whoever wins is gonna get ******* slaughtered by Deathstroke and that makes me sad because it's a baby pokemon

Jackythejack said:
Whoever wins is gonna get ******* slaughtered by Deathstroke and that makes me sad because it's a baby pokemon
Don't worry, I am more then prepared to win that debate.

It will be easy. Bonsly might even win decisively depending on how high his debuffs and buff go up to.

My friend, you realize you are at the fight of your life. An assassin hired, trained for many years, it will be a trainwreck.

Back