• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 12

@Risci

Looks like leather to me.

And if Penny lifts him by that single metal thing... it might rip off easy considering the weight. Or you know, he might not even be able to move that much from it and might be able to tap the force field. The argument for the magnetism not working is a bit flaky btw considering how magnets don't exactly act like raw power sometimes. It's.... hard to explain.

But uh hax that shuts down something basically can't be usually quantified by raw power

@ Penny argument

Really? It looks more like the blades were pushed too far and the wires hit Penny by accident.

>Pyrrha cant tell that a person with metal insides is made of metal therefore she is so stupid that she doesnt realize that the metal ring in plain view is made of metal

Man you guys really like to make RWBY characters out to be the most idiotic people in the world dont you?

Dargoo Faust said:
Yeah, via an omnidirectional blast.

She ain't using it percise enough to pull a fat man out of a bus through the buttons on his shirt.
She doesn't need to. The thing his wearing would just sink into him. If she could push metal hard enough to rip apart penny, so can she with the ring by his abdomen.

Pyrrha doesn't even do that in-character, that was the result of her freaking out from an overwhelming attack.

The bus will be whipping around in the air dropping fire outside of her polarity range before that happens.

@Risci

To be honest now I'm imagining Penny is heavier than the gears if magnets can't push her like that. Like man. My waifu is a bbw? Biggest twist of the day.

But yeah considering the magnet issue, there's also the fact that while being pulled, Sweet Tooth can toss a molotov at her face. Might be a bit difficult considering she doesn't focus on Moving heavy objects and dodging at the same time

WeeklyBattles said:
>Pyrrha cant tell that a person with metal insides is made of metal therefore she is so stupid that she doesnt realize that the metal ring in plain view is made of metal
I sort of doubt that Pyrrha would be able to notice metal buttons from 20 meters away or, if the van flies, well above her in the sky, from behind a pretty messy windshield.

And you guys are arguing for her being overwhelmed by attacks, are you not?

And he doesn't know about her polarity either, he very much went close range in the cutscene I saw with him, one of hios main abilities was stomping on people in the bot form.

WeeklyBattles said:
Man you guys really like to make RWBY characters out to be the most idiotic people in the world dont you?
I mean, that's what you did with Raiden at that time he fought Ryuko

WeeklyBattles said:
That's literally the only piece of metal that she would see though.

And you really think she's going to pull him out of the truck by that? Without tearing the far weaker leather straps holding it onto his person in the process?

Even then, he can just rip the thing off himself. Tactic nullified.

Ciruno Fortes said:
@Risci
To be honest now I'm imagining Penny is heavier than the gears if magnets can't push her like that. Like man. My waifu is a bbw? Biggest twist of the day.

But yeah considering the magnet issue, there's also the fact that while being pulled, Sweet Tooth can toss a molotov at her face. Might be a bit difficult considering she doesn't focus on Moving heavy objects and dodging at the same time
Her aura doesn't care about that too much, and if she made the shockwave he'd just die the same death penny went through.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
That's literally the only piece of metal that she would see though.

And you really think she's going to pull him out of the truck by that? Without tearing the far weaker leather straps holding it onto his person in the process?

Even then, he can just rip the thing off himself. Tactic nullified.
No, she can just push while panicked, and it sinks into him and break whateve is in the way.

I don't know. If I realized suddenly my car is not moving in a death battle, I think a good thing to do is bombard the enemy. And if that doesn't work, go on the defense. Idk. What else are you supposed to do? Move your car? Defense path seems like a good idea yeah.

Overwhelmed by attacks or not it's not convincing to see Pyrrha do anything that out of character.

Though, bonus horror. Sweet Tooth confessing to Pyrrha with ice cream. Then pulls a throw Jaune/Kane to the wall lol

That's not what Weekly is arguing, though.

He's arguing that Pyrrha is going to start the match by unlocking the door to the truck and pulling Sweet Tooth out by one metal ring to rule them all before he can fire a single shot at her.

Which is entirely unsubstantiated.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No, she can just push while panicked, and it sinks into him and break whateve is in the way.
By the time she even gets to that Sweet would be firing at her from well outside of her range.

I'd probably be driving as fast as I could away from a teenage girl with guns and a spear that can harm a van that I've seen tank High 8-C explosions and firing everything I got at her.

@Weekly

Man you really like twisting our words huh?

(>Pyrrha cant tell that a person with metal insides is made of metal 'therefore' she is so stupid that she 'doesnt' realize that the metal ring in plain view is made of metal

Man you guys really like to make RWBY characters out to be the most idiotic people in the world 'dont' you?)

Do tell then. WHEN did Pyrrha ever toss someone around like a ragdoll into an advantageous position? Do tell when Pyrrha was ever able to use the slightest small metal in a person with barely any metalwear, out of a moving vehicle, while keeping said vehicle still, while deflecting bullets or homing rockets.

Do tell.

Cause frankly it feels disrespectful to dismiss our thoughts on a franchise.

Ciruno Fortes said:
I don't know. If I realized suddenly my car is not moving in a death battle, I think a good thing to do is bombard the enemy. And if that doesn't work, go on the defense. Idk. What else are you supposed to do? Move your car? Defense path seems like a good idea yeah.
Overwhelmed by attacks or not it's not convincing to see Pyrrha do anything that out of character.

Though, bonus horror. Sweet Tooth confessing to Pyrrha with ice cream. Then pulls a throw Jaune/Kane to the wall lol </div>
He isn't exactly like you, I hope.

...You realize it's exactly what she did right? That... is pretty important. Penny got ripped apart because she panicked and made a magnetic push.

@Molotov to the eye

Yeah, but a taser to the face worked on Ren.

The objective is to blind her with the blast or fire. To distract. You can't dismiss suddenly being doused in a flammable liquid and say "Oh I'll just focus on my magnetism on both the car and a person."

@Weekly "In every fight"

I'm not talking about subtle movements. I'm talking pull that fat butt Ronald McDonald Ice cream vendor out of the truck level.

@Risci

Lol what do you mean? Don't people blow up the cars next to them on traffic or if your car is stalled by cold weather? But yeah joking aside, I mean more in a death battle. If you can't do anything else, you're gonna do the only other thing you can do. Play defense

Ciruno Fortes said:
@Molotov to the eye
Yeah, but a taser to the face worked on Ren.

The objective is to blind her with the blast or fire. To distract. You can't dismiss suddenly being doused in a flammable liquid and say "Oh I'll just focus on my magnetism on both the car and a person."
She doesn't need to focus it for that. She would panic, push and break his spine.

Ciruno Fortes said:
@Weekly "In every fight"
I'm not talking about subtle movements. I'm talking pull that fat butt Ronald McDonald Ice cream vendor out of the truck level.

@Risci

Lol what do you mean? Don't people blow up the cars next to them on traffic or if your car is stalled by cold weather? But yeah joking aside, I mean more in a death battle. If you can't do anything else, you're gonna do the only other thing you can do. Play defense
No, I do that too. I meant the horrible hairstyle.

We're hitting the thread limit, and the votes are still tied.

I say we just go with the coinflip results and be done with it. This tournament isn't going anywhere otherwise.

Ciruno Fortes said:
She'd try that, but at that point Sweet Tooth could've ripped off the leather thing that's pulling him out of the vehicle
I am saying that she pushes and breaks his spine like she did in canon. Taking him out of the car would be her last tought while on fire.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
That's...actually a part of his mask.

He doesn't have any hair.
I know, I just wanted to say something witty before the comment gap was reached and nothing else came to mind.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I still have yet to see any actual evidence that her control over her Polarity is acute enough to unlock a door or stop the truck from transforming. Or that she would magnetize the truck to begin with, considering she apparently didn't do so against a robot.
She's been stated to (and has been shown to) always use her semblance on opponents in acute ways. She doesn't outwardly display them. So like when she fights opponents she slightly redirects sword strikes, metal boots, or guns right before shooting. It's all about the small details with her and her semblance because she doesn't want opponents to know what her semblance is.

Btw she had absolutely no idea that Penny was a robot so that does not count. If you ask me it would be pretty stupid if her being confronted with an enemy that is incased in Metal she would not do anything makes no sense. The fact is that Sweet Tooth will have a VERY difficult time trying to shoot Pyrrha with how she'll be moving the car around disorienting the shots and things of that nature which is something that she does.

Back