• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 1-B Q

So a user by the name of Aeyu posted these scans regarding high 1-B Q, but for some reason they got ignored, even though almost everyone agreed with it.

JANEWAY: Omega destroys subspace. A chain reaction involving a handful of molecules could devastate subspace throughout an entire Quadrant. If that were to happen, warp travel would become impossible. Space-faring civilisation as we know it would cease to exist. When Starfleet realised Omega's power, they suppressed all knowledge of it.

SEVEN: Omega is infinitely complex, yet harmonious. To the Borg it represents perfection. I wish to understand that perfection.

JANEWAY: Omega caused quite a stir among my own species. Federation cosmologists had a theory that the molecule once existed in nature for an infinitesimal period of time at the exact moment of the Big Bang. Some claimed Omega was the primal source of energy for the explosion that began our universe.

SEVEN: Particle zero one zero. The Borg designation for what you call Omega. Every Drone is aware of its existence. We were instructed to assimilate it at all costs. It is perfection. The molecules exist in a flawless state. Infinite parts functioning as one.

The Q are capable of synthesizing and creating these particles, and show no fear at their detonation:

JANEWAY: Say hello to Q, everyone.
JUNIOR: We could fly into fluidic space and fight species 8472. Or we could detonate a few Omega molecules. What do you say?
JANEWAY: No.

^the scans which were posted.

You can ask Azathoth to comment here.

I don't think something being "infinitely complex" automatically means it's High 1-B, though. Is there some other context within the episode stating that such a phrase refers to infinite higher layers of reality/infinite dimensions?

I mean, it does destroy Subspace

Infinitely complex with infinite parts would suggest high 1-B wouldnt it?

Infinite parts just requires something to be infinite in size, though subspace should already be notably larger than High 3-A.

Something "infinitely complex" could mean a great many things without further clarification, which is why I wanted to know if this phrase was clarified at some other point in the episode.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Infinite parts just requires something to be infinite in size, though subspace should already be notably larger than High 3-A.
Something "infinitely complex" could mean a great many things without further clarification, which is why I wanted to know if this phrase was clarified at some other point in the episode.
yeah but each part is infinitely complex

no, it really wasnt, but what else could it mean?

That's the issue. On its own, it means nothing, and taking it literally with context given here, it just means the molecules exist in infinite parts, hence its infinite complexity.

"functioning as one."

"Omega is infinitely complex."

Im pretty sure if they were trying to suggest that they would have worded this differently

In what way? Because they explicitly mention infinite parts, whereas "Omega is infinitely higher-dimensional" is not stated or suggested here, from what I can see. If there is other context for that in the episode, that's a different story.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
In what way? Because they explicitly mention infinite parts, whereas "Omega is infinitely higher-dimensional" is not stated or suggested here, from what I can see. If there is other context for that in the episode, that's a different story.
they also explicilty mention the fact that its infinitely complex, not in the sense that it has infinite parts. The statement came before it, you are sort of cherrypicking the statements

there is probably some context which i cant find, its best we wait for Aeyu first, since i got the evidence from her.

That's not cherrypicking, though? It's the only thing you've actually give me. Infinitely complex on its own does not mean something is infinite-dimensional, or anything really, which is why I asked if there was more context.

If there is, and it makes the meaning perfectly clear, that will make things significantly easier.

I also think that Azathoth makes sense.

Back