• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heroes and Xenoverse speed revisited

From what i'm remember, existing in a Time stopped world isn't the same as a Timeless place, this ranting is bullshit in every way.

The Timeless Voids Standards should definitely remain to avoid massive inflation of infinite speed statistics for hundreds of characters that have not remotely displayed any signs of reaching this scale otherwise.

However, you should ask some of the following staff members to help out with giving input here:

Promestei, SomebodyData, The real cal howard, Dragonmasterxyz, Celestial Pegasus, Soldier Blue, Monarch Laciel, Saikou The Lewd King, DarkDragonMedeus, AKM sama, Wokista, Ultima Reality, Mr. Bambu, Gemmysaur, Theglassman12, Qawsedf234, Crabwhale, The Calaca, ByAsura, GyroNutz, ShiroyashaGinSa, DarkGrath, The Wright Way, Ricsi-viragosi, Ogbunabali, Moritzva

@Ant to summary the overall situation, if we keep the Timeless void standard characteristic, you need to upgrade DBH due to having enough proof about the timeless void page

If we change the Timeless void standard to something like Anto suggest "characters do not qualify as having infinite speed by simply performing actions in the timeless void, regardless of the type of void, and the verse needs to specify that having infinite speed (or certain speed) is a requeriment to move in within the void" You need to remove the Timeless Void page (since The void no longer mean much) and downgrade 90% of the Infinite Speed characters

Pick one.

Well, I suppose that the former option would be preferable in that case, but we still need more staff input, and I am not sure why we cannot simply specify that infinite speed ratings have to make some sense within the contexts of the story settings within the instruction page instead.

If people believe there is an issue wtih Infinite speed tiering not being strict enough, and needs some revising such as the timeless void page. Then maybe someone who has time make a separate CRT then get it highlighted??

The Causality said:
You need to remove the Timeless Void page (since The void no longer mean much) and downgrade 90% of the Infinite Speed characters

Pick one.
If you seriously think that the Timeless Void Page's standards are complicent with DBH, and that it needs to be removed otherwise, then sure, let's do it.

I'm in favor of downgrading every single verse that has Infinite Speed via timeless void.

I do not want to delete it. If we have no explanation page that will just worsen the confusion and inaccurate applications of infinite speed. Make the current page stricter instead.

Antvasima said:
I do not want to delete it. If we have no explanation page that will just worsen the confusion and inaccurate applications of infinite speed. Make the current page stricter instead.
Yeah, this view seems to be the proper choice; a proper solution is to revised the page to be stricter with a CRT or a staff thread if needed.

I am inclined to agree with Matthew about that timeless voids very seldom should translate to infinite speed, unless this is a specified requirement.

I'm on the 'we should remove it from other vers too' side, that whole infinite speed because of a timeless void thing never made sense anyway.

Making the current page stricter will change nothing except making it into a page that basicaly say 'timeless void mean nothing unless it's stated in-vers you need infinite speed' which make the whole standard pointless and 99% of vers with infinit speed through timeless void wouldn't cut it anyway.

Lol at a DBH speed upgrade thread about to turn into a downgrade to almost all verses that have infinite speed due to moving in a timeless void.

We should remove infinite speed ratings from other verses as well, yes, but also simply rewrite the Timeless Voids Standards page so it clarifies that only voids that are specifically defined to require infinite speed to move in should qualify.

Would somebody experienced be willing to start a staff forum thread based on what I wrote above?

We may as well just limit "Infinite" speed to statements that blatantly use the word "infinite", are reliable and not hyperbolic in nature.

Maybe, but I think that certain timeless voids are stated outright to require infinite speed to move in.

Yes, but as this is like how being FTL doesn't make you 3-A by itself, that would only fall as a potential sort of feat, with no weight by itself if there's no infinite speed statement of any sort.

An entire CRT is still the best way to handle this, as we can't just link a CRT meant for an specific series to reference entirely this sort of wiki-wide standards.

I personally don't like the direction this is heading. We're taking already strict requirements and making it stricter than they already are. This feels heavily unnecessary just because a verse like DBH can get Infinite Speed out of it.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I don't think the staff is being consistent with what the requirements are.
Based on what I see I think it's probably enough, it sure is a hell of a lot better than this justification.

Infinite (Capable of moving within Imaginary Numbers Space where time does not exist)

A place where "Time stands still"
I realize I wasn't a major part of those revisions, but why was that used as a basis for them getting infinite speed? They also crossed an infinite distance in a finite amount of time, and any characters who scale to high class divine spirits definitely have a strong basis as those have been outright stated to exist above/outside the time axis. There is far more basis for infinite speed than that

PlozAlcachaz said:
I personally don't like the direction this is heading. We're taking already strict requirements and making it stricter than they already are. This feels heavily unnecessary just because a verse like DBH can get Infinite Speed out of it.
THIS.

The funny thing is the reason timeless void standards exist is because of dragon ball. They were going to get an upgrade before to infinite speed but the standards were made. But now that they meet the standards, the standards are being changed again?

pokemon got infinite speed straight away from one feat (fighting in shattered space time). Mira and bardock did the exact same thing yet that, along with all the timeless voids, is outerlish?

I'm going to have to go with Zenkai on this one. DBXV and DBH have already had various consistent moments in which they moved outside of time, and yet the way we treat timeless voids becomes a problem when Dragon Ball is involved.

I'm not even trying to be biased, but this has happened for too long now.

It really doesn't feel right that the standards are changing again now that Dragon Ball met the standards now, even though Dragon Ball was the very thing that incited the creation of the "standards" in the first place.

It's quite literally a case of "Oh I qualify! Oh wait you changed the requirements" into "I qualify again! Oh wait you changed it again". It straight up just feels like you're cheating Dragon Ball out of Infinite Speed.

@Zenkai.

Stop comparing it to Pokemon. The timeless void stuff for the god tiers is icing on the already very plentiful cake.

Back