• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hero of the Three Realms vs Champion of Olympus: Ji Ning vs Kratos

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
To celebrate the upgrade, I'm gonna pit two of my favorite characters against each other. That both of them are widowed warriors that have to take care of their kids and prevent the destruction of their world at some point in their life is just icing on the cake.

Demigod Kratos and True God Ji Ning are used. SBA.

Greek Demigod: 0

Chinese Immortal: 1 (GilverTheProtoAngelo)

Tencent buys SSM: 1 (BEASTHEART880)

Last edited:
Getting some stuff out of the way;

• Kratos has the Blade of Artemis so one move from it will oneshot. Ji Ning's AP is 296 KiloFOE so he oneshots Kratos as well.
  • Kratos' soul is composed of his concept, mind, luck and the direction to the afterlife. He resists affecting all of these aspects to a higher-dimensional level.
  • Ji Ning seems to have the skill and experience advantage by quite a wide margin.
  • Ning's spatial lock might be too much for him but while very in-character isn't always the first move so that's something.

Ning opens with either spatial lock, a soul attack or deconstruction. He can also BFR with a hand gesture and put people to sleep with a word. He's not adverse to using his whole arsenal up to that point and can block attacks with pseudo-black holes if need be.

Kratos can use Poseidon's Rage and destroy him on a fundamental level but this is provided he can pull it off. Zeus' Fury can nullify his powers but Ning would likely dodge it. Petrification also works but Ning has good danger sense.

Other than that, I'm unsure.

Ning resists that sort of information analysis so I don't know if he'd know how strong Ning is.

In that case, either Kratos would peg him as a peculiar but normal warrior. A normal fight will occur and Ning can press his raw stat advantage. Kratos is ****** or he has little chance of getting of some self defence hax to catch Ning off guard or atleast back him off if that danger sense makes his dodge it.

Say would extremely high heat from Blades of Chaos help here? He scales to Surtr who does cosmic heat bugaloo
Ning's entire body is made of Solar Truefire and Lunar Truewater, the former of which comes from a supersized Sun and he can withstand the heats of star cores by now IIRC.

That said, Surtr would scale above all heat in the cosmos so that'd probably suck ass for Ning. Too bad the latter has Low-High regen

I schnee....
Does Ning hold back against weaker opponents?
Er, in-verse one can see sin and karmic virtue of individuals. Ning's always been rather adverse to people like that and would most likely not be willing to spare them in a fight.

I'm sure you are well aware how that'd go for Kratos...

I was planning on doing this match when the upgrades came through.

I actually think Kratos might win this one. I see that Ji Ning can improve and gain new techniques mid battle, Kratos Killed Ares who is the embodiment of War, and grows faster, stronger, and more skilled mid battle. So I personally think they're about even in Skill.

Kratos resists almost every thing Ning has, and whatever he doesn't, he could evolve to resist, if this fight goes on long enough.

Kratos will also be growing Stronger and faster over the course of the fight to close any AP and Speed gaps.

Ji Ning's Danger sense might not be all that Effective as Kratos resists Precog.

Ji Ning doesn't resist Deconstruction, Power Nullification, Time manipulation, or Petrification, so Kratos could hit him with the Amulet of Ouroborus and petrify him. Or Destroy him with Poseidon's rage. Or Strip him of his powers with Zeus' fury.

I think I'll vote Kratos for now

I was planning on doing this match when the upgrades came through.

I actually think Kratos might win this one. I see that Ji Ning can improve and gain new techniques mid battle, Kratos Killed Ares who is the embodiment of War, and grows faster, stronger, and more skilled mid battle. So I personally think they're about even in Skill.
....You read Ning's Feats section, just to be clear?
Kratos resists almost every thing Ning has, and whatever he doesn't, he could evolve to resist, if this fight goes on long enough.
True. I will note that Ning can develop new powers by contemplating different aspects of the world on the fly.
Kratos will also be growing Stronger and faster over the course of the fight to close any AP and Speed gaps.
Speed-wise, they're almost even initially but Ning has an over 290 times power advantage. Actually, removing speed equal now that you've reminded me, there's no point to it.
Ji Ning's Danger sense might not be all that Effective as Kratos resists Precog.
It works on people with Type 4 Acausality, just to be clear.
Ji Ning doesn't resist Deconstruction, Power Nullification, Time manipulation, or Petrification, so Kratos could hit him with the Amulet of Ouroborus and petrify him. Or Destroy him with Poseidon's rage. Or Strip him of his powers with Zeus' fury.
He resists Deconstruction and Time Manipulation. Power Nullification and Petrification are fair game though.
I think I'll vote Kratos for now
Noted then.

..You read Ning's Feats section, just to be clear?
Not at that time during the comment, just his accelerated development. I've changed my mind, I think Ning should be more skilled. Although Kratos should still be able to keep up.
Speed-wise, they're almost even initially but Ning has an over 290 times power advantage. Actually, removing speed equal now that you've reminded me, there's no point to it.
So all Ji Ning has to do is one tap. Same goes for Kratos, with the Blade of Artemis. But Kratos might Grow in speed with AD/Rage power.
It works on people with Type 4 Acausality, just to be clear.
So it should work here?
He resists Deconstruction and Time Manipulation. Power Nullification and Petrification are fair game though.
How many layers are Nings resistances on this Key? The Amulet is way above baseline for scaling above the gem from the multiplayer, and Poseidon's rage is definitely above the Arms
True. I will note that Ning can develop new powers by contemplating different aspects of the world on the fly
So their respective RE will be competing and likely just going in circles.

I think I might be leaning towards incon, here.

So it should work here?
Danger Sense, like Gilver says, is more sensory than anything. So it should work. I was just addressing the precognition resistance.
How many layers are Nings resistances on this Key? The Amulet is way above baseline for scaling above the gem from the multiplayer, and Poseidon's rage is definitely above the Arms
2-3 layers at this point.
So their respective RE will be competing and likely just going in circles.
In a sense, yeah.
I think I might be leaning towards incon, here.
Should I change your vote?

Danger Sense, like Gilver says, is more sensory than anything. So it should work. I was just addressing the precognition
Well, Kratos has dealt with that before, didn't Ares have have similar senses? Also does Kratos have access to the Spear of Destiny here? That could definitely nullify senses
2-3 layers at this point.
So Ji Ning should be able to survive Poseidon's rage
Should I change your vote?
Sure I'll vote incon for now

So uh, there's currently a CRT going on that would put Demigod Kratos at plain "4-A, possibly higher, 2-C with Gauntlet of Zeus, Blade of Artemis and Spear of Destiny" if accepted. Might need to pause the match until then.

Not really, we could use Ji Ning's 4-A key.
Or would that be a stomp?
Kratos would still oneshot (though I just remembered Ning has Low-High regen). It's not necessarily a stomp AFAIK but it'd change quite a lot about the match dynamic. Kratos' hax don't work on him the majority of the time to begin (Ning resists Type 2 concept-hax) but at the same time, Ning's wincons are now limited to Spatial Lock (which likely would do him in) and a few others, since Kratos can tank everything Ning can throw at him.

Kratos is now 4-A so I'll use Ji Ning's 4-A key as well. if nothing else, if this is a stomp we can determine who takes Top 10 Non-Smurf at least.

Back