• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellsing Vampires, dark substance scaling.

So I was looking through Alucard's profile for Hellsing and I noticed something that I don't quite understand. His feat of drawing blood from all of London is listed as 8-B and yet it's separated from his physical and other methods of attack because it was done with telekenisis. This doesn't make sense and here's why.

1. Alucard's teleknisis is NEVER used on his enemies. This means there's a good chance he can do more damage with his other abilities, especially considering there's no logical reason he couldn't just throw a car into someone, or ram them with an aircraft carrier.

2. This doesn't seem consistent with the policy taken on other feats listed on the wiki, for example these characters are both from major verses, and yet both of them have their tiers because of similar kinetic energy calculations using powers they rarely if ever use in combat.

I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing but I thought I'd just start a discussion so it could either be changed or further explained.

1. PIS, CIS, fork if I know but Telekinesis has no correlation to the firepower of his guns or how hard he can punch
  2. The above point with punching applies to some degree, unless they have magic to power their physicals up, a magic based feat will only scale to that magic. Raven can use her Maiden powers to launch elemental attacks and shield themselves, Alucard doesn't really do anything with TK beyond drinking blood and doing some theatrics by yeeting Brazilian SWAT officers onto flagpoles

Storm doesn't scale to Striking Strength for a reason/

But her Attack Potency is scaled from something she rarely, if ever, uses to directly attack with.

And if Raven's Maiden Powers are scaled from storm creation for lightning bolts and other elemental attacks, why shouldn't Alucard's Vampire powers be scaled from his own Kinetic Energy feat given that he's repeatedly shown he can use that shadowy stuff to attack with.

On the matter of striking strength, Seras used her shadows to attack The Captain and hurt him, who she was also trading blows evenly with (while he was in human form at least) I think you could at least argue that it scales to Striking Strength.

I dunno much about storm, but if they actually can't use anything with weather manipulation it should be Environmental Destruction

Because the shadowy stuff isn't even that directly correlated, and it has nowhere near the level of feats the TK does

If TK wasn't any more powerful than other vampire stuff, he would have just used that to push the boat back to England, for one thing, and I can only think of two other Tier 8 feats, both of which are quite questionable as per people actually taking them, and the series' entire existence is a Tier 9 anti feat, the least adregdous of which is Seras getting scratched up by a 9-A explosive

The TK doesn't need to be more powerful to be more useful in certain situations, we've never seen the shadowy stuff extend more than ten-ish metres except for Alucard's Level 0 release, which he wasn't in when he dragged the Eagle across the Atlantic and may or may not have been in when he binged London's blood.

Also using physical damage to the Vampire's bodies is kinda screwy since you could also use that as justification for them being 9-C via being shot into little tiny pieces on a regular basis. Alucard's shadowy stuff, on the other hand, tanked sustained fire from at least a hundred Nazis and KKK-looking dudes at the same time, not to mention Seras using hers to rip 12,000 pound shells through solid steel walls or pierce through people who could kick Girlycard in half (The Captain).

Plus if TK was really that much stronger then there's no reason I can see that Alucard wouldn't just use it to squish all of his enemies instead, since it's currently listed as having several dozen times the AP of his actual Vampire attacks.

Back