• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it's worth a shot since I believe there's evidence for at least a possibility of blood within Hellsing working on a fundamental / conceptual level.

Blood within Hellsing is the literal coinage of life, blood in the verse contains ones own mind, body and soul. And by drinking ones blood (Vampires.) allows them to directly assimilate their victims very own existence / essence into their own. This is repeated and stated multiple times, and this is furthered by the fact that after absorbing the blood of Tubalcain he also absorbed all the information that Tubalcain had on Millennium.

Basically all there is to it, either way this thread should be concluded pretty easily.

It could be, especially since Alucard was able to absorb Schrodinger, a being literally composed of his own thoughts. Not typically combat applicable though, same as the soul absorption and deconstruction, although altogether these abilities make resurrection abilities not so useful. Not much point resurrecting into a body which is now a puddle absorbed into hammer space, a soul and mind which is forcibly assimilated into thousands of others, and now with this ability, a concept forcibly assimilated into Alucard's own concept.

I suppose it's worth a shot since I believe there's evidence for at least a possibility of blood within Hellsing working on a fundamental / conceptual level.

Blood within Hellsing is the literal coinage of life, blood in the verse contains ones own mind, body and soul. And by drinking ones blood (Vampires.) allows them to directly assimilate their victims very own existence / essence into their own. This is repeated and stated multiple times, and this is furthered by the fact that after absorbing the blood of Tubalcain he also absorbed all the information that Tubalcain had on Millennium.

Basically all there is to it, either way this thread should be concluded pretty easily.
Pardon my disbelief, but I actually think that it's possible that it's all just a metaphor.

Our mind, body and soul to my understanding is just all that we are, so absorbing that would be absorbing our existence but I do not believe this really necessitates blood working conceptually.
I also don't believe the second part really indicates it either? And more just expands on the fact that absorbing one's mind would allow Alucard to tap into the information it contained.

While not directly related, I know Netflix's Dracula used the metaphor of "blood being lives" as well, and he had been absorbing information from people when he drank from them. This is actually why he believes he's scared of the cross and cannot see the sun, not because he's actually weak to these things, but because everyone he was absorbing believed it.

Maybe it's just me not being able to fully grasp it and it's very possible both intellectual properties could be exploring the same thing, but I'm not fully there.

It's all literal, it's both shown and stated with things like Level 0 and how Alucard regenerates. And it was accepted in a former CRT, there isn't any "metaphors." here.
Okay, I guess. If it was talked about previously and more people were fine with it I'm not going to argue.

Alucard was able to absorb Schrodinger, a being literally composed of his own thoughts, by drinking his blood and body. He even assimilated and adopted that characteristic of being composed of his own thoughts. Seems like a limited form of concept manipulation to me.

Alucard was able to absorb Schrodinger, a being literally composed of his own thoughts, by drinking his blood and body. He even assimilated and adopted that characteristic of being composed of his own thoughts. Seems like a limited form of concept manipulation to me.
What type of Conceptual manipulation would you personally suggest? Tbh I'm more inclined to accept Type 2 Information Manipulation rather than outright Conceptual manipulation but it could be either or.

That probably makes sense. Technically Schrodinger seems more like he's composed of information rather than concepts. I'd have to read into what the types specifically denote.

Type 2: Fundamental: These characters can manipulate information, which serves as fundamental building block of reality. This can allow characters to rewrite the world to their whims, often by programming it much like they would a virtual reality. These manipulation can come on many levels. For some it might just be the mechanism behind mundane magical abilities, while others can rewrite information to change reality, causality or the laws of nature.

I can also see this as Type 2 Conceptual manipulation, which is the following.

2. Dependent Concepts: Such concepts are abstract and govern all reality within their area of influence. These concepts shape everything, and changing them would either require the alteration of every object of the concept or, if manipulated directly, change all objects of the concept alongside the concept itself. These concepts, however, exist simultaneously with and are bound by the object of the concept. In this way, an abstract dependent concept can be destroyed by destroying all objects of the concept, restored by re-making an object of a previously existent concept, or changed by changing all objects of the concept across reality. This, however, does not qualify for this form of conceptual manipulation, and is rather treated as a by-product of another action akin to a "domino effect". This type of conceptual manipulation can only be obtained if the abstract concept itself is changed directly, and not by indirect methods. For example, destroying humanity and thus "ending the concept of humanity" would not qualify, while directly "ending the concept of humanity" and thus destroying humanity would qualify.

So what's the difference between Type 2 CM and type 2 Information Manipulation? I've heard they're like interchangeable but I'm not really sure.
From what I understand:

Type 2 information manipulation seems to be able control or alter the aspects the universe and reality are composed of. Or the “information” making them up in this case.

Type 2 conceptual manipulation is controlling or altering the idea of something that may govern all of reality.

If I was to change the some fundamental aspect of the universe through the usage of information manipulation, I would be altering the very structure of the universe because I’m changing the composition making it up. Kind of like how changing or deleting parts of the codes in a program alters the program on a fundamental level.

If I was to try and change or erase some fundamental concept of the universe the the very idea of what a “universe” is would be fundamentally different than it was before. Think of like how in Chainsawman when a concept is erased the very knowledge and idea of that concept gets completely forgotten by the masses, because it as an idea no longer exists. I guess in this case instead of changing the code in a program your changing the software for the system itself.

From what I understand:

Type 2 information manipulation seems to be able control or alter the aspects the universe and reality are composed of. Or the “information” making them up in this case.

Type 2 conceptual manipulation is controlling or altering the idea of something that may govern all of reality.

If I was to change the some fundamental aspect of the universe through the usage of information manipulation, I would be altering the very structure of the universe because I’m changing the composition making it up. Kind of like how changing or deleting parts of the codes in a program alters the program on a fundamental level.

If I was to try and change or erase some fundamental concept of the universe the the very idea of what a “universe” is would be fundamentally different than it was before. Think of like how in Chainsawman when a concept is erased the very knowledge and idea of that concept gets completely forgotten by the masses, because it as an idea no longer exists. I guess in this case instead of changing the code in a program your changing the software for the system itself.
Ahhh I see, thanks for the explanation!

So in this case which would you say is more fitting?

Ahhh I see, thanks for the explanation!

So in this case which would you say is more fitting?
I wanna say conceptual because Schrödinger is the very idea of the paradox in of itself. Rather than them being composed of the information of that paradox governing reality.

Although these abilities aren’t mutually exclusive towards one another and if it can be feasibly proven that Schrödinger’s paradox governs some fundamental aspect informing reality then it could be grounds to apply both potentially.

From what I see I would give it concept manip type 3 as it is a personal concept that doesn't have much to do with reality and is bound to the blood of the characters.

Also sounds like the blood contains the mind too and at best you would get information manip type 1 (knowledge) as you gain all their knowledge but then again the page says that manipulation someone's knowledge is only mind manip.

So count me in for concept type 3 for blood and mind/memory manip.

Neutral if this makes it to info type 1

Let's deconstruct this thread bit by bit
Blood within Hellsing is the literal coinage of life, blood in the verse contains ones own mind, body and soul.
This part is alright, everything is true, however...
And by drinking ones blood (Vampires.) allows them to directly assimilate their victims very own existence / essence into their own
This part is taken out of context and is thus just wrong, a vampire does not assimilate or absorbs one's essence, their very essence is absorbing other beings blood, not the other way around
the fact that after absorbing the blood of Tubalcain he also absorbed all the information that Tubalcain had on Millennium
This is also exaggeration, we know blood has one's life, soul, and existence
The most likely scenario is that Laucard simply absorbed the memories along with the soul that occupied the blood, not that blood is like a liquid form or literal information as we know it

Overall, I don't particularly agree with his thread

This part is taken out of context and is thus just wrong, a vampire does not assimilate or absorbs one's essence, their very essence is absorbing other beings blood, not the other way around
“People’s own lives and heart become one with his very being. That is the essence of a vampire.”

Seems pretty clear cut to me that Alucard is assimilating people’s lives into “his own being”’ as it was put.

Actually, from what I heard
Essences are above mind and soul but below concepts in terms of... being a thing I guess
So they couldn't really be Conceptual right?

Then, I suppose, I'll stay neutral until further input
(Also I just remember Alucard having Fusionism listed on that outdated scan of mine, that should be just absorption)

From what I see I would give it concept manip type 3 as it is a personal concept that doesn't have much to do with reality and is bound to the blood of the characters.

Also sounds like the blood contains the mind too and at best you would get information manip type 1 (knowledge) as you gain all their knowledge but then again the page says that manipulation someone's knowledge is only mind manip.

So count me in for concept type 3 for blood and mind/memory manip.

Neutral if this makes it to info type 1
The memories thing isn't important. The key piece of information, in my opinion, is that Alucard was able to assimilate Schrodinger's abstract nature. It means he can assimilate something which composes Schrodinger's being out of thoughts.

I do agree, however, that it is a personal concept, as Schrodinger can't manipulate the world around him, only his own state of being. Basically it is the concept governing Schrodinger himself.

So from what I'm seeing here, it could be a case where's both conceptual manipulation (Type 3.) and type 2 Information Manipulation (Effecting Schrodinger who doesn't really exist "physically." but still has blood and such for Alucard to interact with and absorb.)

So how's this sound. Conceptual manipulation (Type 3.) & likely / possibly Type 2 Information Manipulation. (Blood within Hellsing is the literal coinage of life, blood in the verse contains ones own mind, body and soul. And by drinking ones blood (Vampires.) allows them to directly assimilate their victims very own fundemental essence. Absorbed Schrodinger, a being composed of his own thoughts and Information.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back