• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heart of the Crystal gems upgrades (part 1?)

Never once is it stated that something like that ever happened, that is just an assumption with no backing.

Explain why Gems dont get lagged when warping then.

And no, there isnt.

WeeklyBattles said:
Never once is it stated that something like that ever happened, that is just an assumption with no backing.
Explain why Gems dont get lagged when warping then.

And no, there isnt.
1)The Moon base is there. Even if it's the only building there and it was just dropped from space, it'd still create a bunch of debris.

2)Not my point here. I don't support the Gem lagging crap whatsoever. My problem is a bit of air propelling people to FTL. But, however, warping could still work even if the lagging was a thing: warp space is clearly not just a regular place in the normal Universe, meaning it can have all sorts of weird properties, from not being FTL but just contracting the travel distance, to just removing the speed limit altogether.

3)Yes, there is. Between the bit where Steven and Eyeball shout to each other and the satellite scene, there's a break of unknown length. These events don't just happen instantly one after another. The small bit with just background also symbolizes that.

1) There is never any mention of the base just being dropped onto the moon nor do we ever see any debris anywhere near the moon despite the multiple trips to the moon and to space

2) Except again, thats not the case, as it has consistently shown to take longer to warp further distances, like how Rose was able to instantly warp from the moon to earth but it took Peridot several seconds to warp from Homeworld to earth.

3) Then thats even more proof that theyre nowhere near the moon seeing as they drifted for even longer than previously believed.

Also just noticed that Eyeball gave a not so subtle hint that Steven's Gem wasnt a Rose Quartz in 'Bubbled'

WeeklyBattles said:
1) There is never any mention of the base just being dropped onto the moon nor do we ever see any debris anywhere near the moon despite the multiple trips to the moon and to space
2) Except again, thats not the case, as it has consistently shown to take longer to warp further distances, like how Rose was able to instantly warp from the moon to earth but it took Peridot several seconds to warp from Homeworld to earth.

3) Then thats even more proof that theyre nowhere near the moon seeing as they drifted for even longer than previously believed.
1)Either Moon base was constructed right there, which would create debris, or dropped from space, which would also create debris. Unless you think it just appeared out of nowhere, there's no way around it.

2)? If warp space, for example, contracts all distances by x100000, then it'd still be faster to warp short distance than to warp from another galaxy. Well, it'd depend on if interstellar warp streams have more speed, but you can pick some fitting values. Also, again, it's not the only way warp space can operate.

3)Which would also completely ruin your calc, because you can't get the speed if you don't know the time.

1) Given how we've consistently seen Gem tech work and how things are constructed, even if they did just have a pre-made base that they put on the moon it would have been done with tractor beams and not just freely dropped onto the planet.

2) Yes, and there are instances of Warping moving Gems at FTL speeds without them lagging behind. Technically even them being able to return to the Roaming Eye 3 seconds after it stopped moving contradicts the claim that they cant go FTL as it should have taken them years to catch up. Not arguing that they should scale to the Roaming Eye just pointing that out.

3) Ive already acknowledged that that calc isnt correct as cinematic time happens, but it also completely discredits the idea that there is a huge debris field right next to the Moon.

I'd like to chime in here.

1. It is unreasonable to assume that the rocks that Eyeball and Steven run into are anything but asteroid belt. Furthermore you can probably angsize the Earth, since it very rapidly moves away from view.

2. Peridot taking a second or two to warp in is pretty much just for the plot. If she warped instantly and saw the gems, that part of the plot is over and the show takes a different path. Not really saying that's a viable comparison.

What are the gem's other speed feats? Cause honestly the "Eyeball and Steven in space" scenes just break physics over its knee to the point that I'd really not like to use literally anything from it.

@Assalt Ive actually compiled a list of FTL-MFTL+ feats in SU which im still working on expanding. And the Steven and Eyeball in space feat is unusable as there is a cinematic time skip in the scene.

I could actually use some help on the feat for the Rubies...

The warps could be that it is a true "warp" and is thus achieved by the manipulation of space rather than speed.

The ships' flight speeds are all pretty much lowballed, though. Assuming that the "galaxy" they are refering to is the Canis Major Overdensity, any of the in-Milky Way-galaxies, or even the Milk Way's satellite galaxies is a pretty big downward assumption. In all likelihood they mean "galaxy" as in "spiral galaxy", like Milky Way or Andromeda. It could even be that they mean another distant spiral galaxy, but that is a pretty big high-end.

Furthermore Pearl's "we can't keep up with FTL travel" statement is even more stupid since the gems would be stuck back near Earth. The Roaming Eye traveled around 70 LY in several minutes. Even if the gems were moving at SoL speeds, it would take them 70 years to catch back up.

Also as an aside Amethyst's "I phased through a planet" just knees physics in the balls even harder since if you're light you'd get reflected by a planet, not pass through it. But that's neither here nor there.

I...dont believe its ever described to work like that but i can do some digging

Yeah thats the point, i went for the lowest ends possible and the ships are still all consistently anywhere from FTL to MFTL+, even scout ships like the Roaming Eye, hell i think even stuff like Peridot's Robonoids have MFTL+ feats

How fast would the 5 Rubies be considering they flew to each planet in the solar system one by one and searched every inch of each planet (minus Earth) and finished in approximately 23 days?

Every inch of EVERY planet plus the distance between them which will be even more fun to figure out as the planets arent in a straight line ovo

In no short terms, obscenely fast. Like, wow.

It's not as intense as intergalatic travel, but it's probably one of the most ludicrous feats you can get within the solar system without giving a tiny timeframe or something similar.

This is basically incalculable for all intents and purposes. A single human-sized person with a horizon radius of 4km would have a 50.27 kilometer area sight coverage. Now have fun doing that over all of Earth, which is several hundred million kilometers in surface area. Then you need to do that to all the planets. Have fun with Jupiter, though, since it is several billio square kilometers. Oh, and all the rocky planets? Good luck covering all their nooks and crannies, which would require insane levels of exploration. If you want to get really picky you can get Earth's land perimeters to near-infinite levels if you wanted to abuse certain calculation metrics as well, so there's that.

Oh and to boot Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Uranus are gas giants, which means you're not just looking for surface area, but rather volume.

If you want to look at the volume of literally the whole solar system... well... yeah. That is such an unbelievably high metric that it would boggle the mind to even comprehend.

The fact that the gems found Steven and his tiny bubble in the middle of space almost makes this believable... though.

Well good to know the absolute fodder footsoldier Gems are that fast. ovo

The timeframe btw is approximately 23 days, thats around how much time passed between when the Rubies left Earth for Neptune and when they returned to Earth.

I'd like to believe they have a scanner or something. How competent of a search crew can they be when they can't even count?

Its consistently stated and demonstrated throughout the series that Rubies ARENT competent, which is why when they do something they do it very literally

I know they're incompetent. I'm just saying how can we take their "searched every inch" seriously when most of them probably don't even know what an inch is? I highly doubt it was manual searching, and if it was they have the best speed feat of any gem.

Because, as steven said, when Rubies say theyre doing something they usually mean it very literally, and when the Rubies arrived on Earth for the first time they were going to look for Jasper on foot

Yes im sure that would help on a planet where it literally rains diamonds. The point isnt that theyre so dumb that they dont know what an inch is, the point is theyre dumb enough to manually search a planet at the slightest hint of something being there.

I mean, it would help.

The gems aren't just gems, they are gem-based lifeforms, which you already know. There's a difference between an inanimate yellow diamond and Yellow Diamond.

I do have a question, would it be cool for me to make a Gem Civ/Diamond Authority page?

I'll do a draft on my sandbox first, of course.

shouldn't all the gems be upgraded to around Lapis' level now? Regardless of the fact that it was a combined effort, that would still mean they had to give off a significant enough amount of AP to even hurt her minimally.

HomestuckLover1 said:
shouldn't all the gems be upgraded to around Lapis' level now? Regardless of the fact that it was a combined effort, that would still mean they had to give off a significant enough amount of AP to even hurt her minimally.
If you're talking about their combined attack on Blue, they sure don't scale to Blue at all really in any way, not even close tbh, that combined attack of them didn't even really hurt her at all, it was an annoyance at best, all it did was make her lose balance and fall down, she was totally fine with even her ship crashing on her like nothing happened and the only thing out of place was her hair lol. Also, Full Power Lapis's water chains were able to restrain Malachite for several months, while with Blue, all those same chains did was annoying her for few seconds before she casually breaks free from them everytime to the point Lapis stopped even trying. The gap between them and the Diamonds is utterly massive.

Honestly. When Steven was in the "Astral Plane" everyone was fighting for their lives focusing solely on not dying. Meanwhile Blue was still only thinking about Pink, and Yellow was just thinking she should've sent Pink to her room more and probably trying to remember if she left the stove on. Neither Diamond even remotely broke a sweat.

Gojira1234 said:
Honestly. When Steven was in the "Astral Plane" everyone was fighting for their lives focusing solely on not dying. Meanwhile Blue was still only thinking about Pink, and Yellow was just thinking she should've sent Pink to her room more and probably trying to remember if she left the stove on. Neither Diamond even remotely broke a sweat.
Pretty much this, and also the fact that Blue herself said that their intention was to make the Crystal Gems suffer, not just destroy them and leave.

Yeah none of the gems scale to the Diamonds.

They have been stated to be ludicrously below the Diamonds and now we have the Diamonds, completely uncaring, still taking zero damage from them. Moving someone's hair doesn't count as harming them, and that was only done when the Cluster slammed their warships onto Blue.

I think that the reason why the diamonds not moving in the Astral Plane is that those are they respective projection in the plane, different to Connie or the gems that do not have projection, would explain why Steven can touch them (not like Connie or the gems) and the Diamonds can see him (I also doubt that they were using the same moves in the physical world).

Back