• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heart of the Crystal gems upgrades (part 1?)

That didn't seems to be pathokinesis, that was astral projectial; he didn't change the emotion of the diamond in that way.

Only if there opponent is using astral projection; it also has a limitation, they do not perceive the user instantly.

Here's my take on the whole thing. Steven was the only one who managed to hurt Blue Diamond at all with his spike shield. (While Lapis merely inconvenienced her for a short while) Survived getting stomped into the ground by Yellow even though he was knocked out. Steven's Astral form could survive a combined attack from Yellow and Blue and could even cancel it out with his aura. Seems to be pointing towards High 6-A Steven for End of Season 5. (This could be an outlier.)

Lapis resists Empathy Manipulation as she shrugged off Blue's sadness wave.

Energy projection and possibly Danmaku for Blue. (Created that orb which exploded into about a dozen lazers that covered the whole beach.)

The diamonds should have resistance to mind manipulation/telepathy (Steven struggled to get near them in his Astral Projection form due to their mental aura things)

All the Diamonds should have Aura's. (Blue and Yellow recognized Pink's aura in Steven and seemed to have mental Aura's that prevented Steven from approach their minds.)

Both Yellow and Blue have standard energy attacks that can harm Astral Projections. (The laser they fired at Steven looked nothing like their regular attacks)

Yellow's ship should be High 4-C for fighting the cluster.

That's all I've got for now. I'm going to bed.

I don't know if we can really scale Steven to Blue and Yellow, that'd mean he is stronger than Alexandrite and Malachite, which he obviously isn't. Also Steven didn't really hurt Blue with the spike shield, all it did really was make her lose balance and fall, she was totally fine after it + having her ship crashing on her like nothing happened, we don't know how attacks and damage work on Astral Plane either, they seem more like a mental/spirit focused rather than actual destructive damage. Also, Steven was stomped into unconscienceness by Yellow very casually, his shield likely is what saved him from dying tbh, so i don't think that'd really count to scale.

Finally some diamond feats.

Well the Yellow warship was holding its own with the Cluster, though this was an arm, i doubt it wouldn't be able to shatter a planet by pure strength, seeing as it was going to have to start busting planets on the outside. And ofc Blue's ship being comparable to that.

We got Blue Diamond instantly taking care of Alexandrite, shootin laser beams and minor Danmaku, as well as my girl rock thing Lapis actually holding blue off. Though its pretty obvious the difference to when everyone else was fighting lapis. I wouldn't scale them all off hurting Blue though, since otherwise theres hardly an AP gap between the diamonds and everyone else, cause like, planet level everyone except Peridot, which wouldn't make sense.

Blue and yellow instantly being able to push back and destroy Steven's shield, already proving they're power is the real deal. As well as i suppose Pink Diamond not being as strong as the other 2. I cant really see any major strength difference in Rose's and Stevens shield. As well as Blue easily snapping Rose's sword. 'poof any gem' my ass.

And damn, theres some nice Empathic Manipulation resistance from Lapis and Garnet.

But i dont get why Connie wasn't affected at first, but then she suddenly was when Blue did it again. So thats still making it unclear whether it works outside of gems. I'd certainly say it does though, SU needs more gem hax that dont work on gems.

But ofc, while Blue and Yellow have proven to be the strong real deal as well, they never actually took on Alexandrite or any other fusion (Except the cluster but that was with the ship), so we cant say they would physically scale.Though honestly, i wouldn't be opposed to planet level after seeing all of this. Would at least get rid of this dumb White Light scaling

Jinx666 said:
Finally some diamond feats.

We got Blue Diamond instantly taking care of Alexandrite
BD taking out Alexandrite isn't really a feat, because she just makes her go unstable with emotion aura. It's just her hax being useful against Alex specifically.

As well as Blue easily snapping Rose's sword. 'poof any gem' my ass.
Technically, she didn't touch the blade. She caught it by the sides, of course it didn't damage her.

But i dont get why Connie wasn't affected at first, but then she suddenly was when Blue did it again. So thats still making it unclear whether it works outside of gems. I'd certainly say it does though, SU needs more gem hax that dont work on gems.

Nah. She's affected in a small background scene, but unaffected in the one there's actual long focus on. She's clearly meant to be at the very least very resistant to it, which is supported by Lars being unaffected in The Trial. Most likely it's just an animation error.

Yeah, read what i said at the end.

She still easily broke it with like, minimum force. It just shows shes leagues above every other gem

Well in that case, its yet another hax that doesn't work on anyone other than bleedin gems. I always thought Lars resisted it because he had that bubble over his head. We shouldnt give her empathic resistance due to the fact it doesnt work on humans

Yeah, not landing a strike from the blade doesn't means anything about Blue resistence to it or the real power of the sword, and I don't think the sword poof instantlty, just that can cut gem's bodies like butter.

No one will scale to Blue perhaps besides Steven's shield, and the warships wouldn't scale to a fraction of the Cluster (I also consider the Cluster's stats to be unnecesary high-balled).

Tsubasa16 said:
I don't know if we can really scale Steven to Blue and Yellow, that'd mean he is stronger than Alexandrite and Malachite, which he obviously isn't. Also Steven didn't really hurt Blue with the spike shield, all it did really was make her lose balance and fall, she was totally fine after it + having her ship crashing on her like nothing happened, we don't know how attacks and damage work on Astral Plane either, they seem more like a mental/spirit focused rather than actual destructive damage. Also, Steven was stomped into unconscienceness by Yellow very casually, his shield likely is what saved him from dying tbh, so i don't think that'd really count to scale.
The hit still brought Blue to here knees, which is still enough to qualify. Plus Steven got hit by a blast from Blue at the beginning and was fine. Steven was the only one to take a blast from Blue directly at all. Yellow was ticked of when that happened due to Steven mentioning Pink so it makes sense she'd put more force into her hit then Blue would, who notably wanted to make the Crystal Gems suffer as she said when Steven read her mind.

Steven was the only one to even hurt Blue while everyone else merely inconvenienced her, which makes sense considering he's part diamond. I think 6-B, possibly High 6-A is the best rating.

I really doubt that blast was meant to do anything other than pushing Steven away, it really wouldn't make sense if Blue was actually trying to hurt him to be holding back specifically on the who supposedly shattered Pink, so i really doubt that was an actual attack with actual intention to destroy, it likely was just a "warning" for him to get away from her

Also, as you said yourself, Blue was literally holding back the entire fight because she wanted to make them suffer as opposed to just shattering them and be done with it. So any of her feats shown are restrained/casual at best.

Jinx666 said:
But ofc, while Blue and Yellow have proven to be the strong real deal as well, they never actually took on Alexandrite or any other fusion (Except the cluster but that was with the ship), so we cant say they would physically scale.Though honestly, i wouldn't be opposed to planet level after seeing all of this. Would at least get rid of this dumb White Light scaling
Actually there is one feat proving they to be superior physically too, Full Power Lapis's water chains were able to restrain Malachite for several months and would continue to do so if she didn't lose control, while with Blue, all those same chains did was annoying her for few seconds before she casually breaks free from them everytime Lapis tried to restrain her to the point Lapis stopped even trying to do it again.

Steven still staggered Blue more than anyone else and survived getting stomped on by a serious Yellow. (Albeit, he was knocked out but the attack still broke through his sheild) I'm still holding on to that 'Astral Projection surviving an attack from Blue and Yellow and canceling it out with his Aura' thing too. Shouldn't the fact that he affected Blue as much as he did at least make him stronger than Lapis? At least 6-B, possibly High 6-A seems like a reasonable compromise.

Being a little above negligible is sill negligible, and being knocked means that it do not scale to his durability, furthermore, it was his shield who tanked the stomp. "Damaging" an astral form isn't quantificable, and what Steven did to the diamonds weren't pathokinesis.

Lapis's attacks were just a negligible as everyone else's and yet Steven did more damage then her. That's still High 6-A.

At what point did I bring up Pathokinesis? His aura cancelled out an attack, I never said he affected their emotions with it.

Lapis didn't directly tried to attack Blue tho (as she probably knew it was useless) she tried to restrain her with the same chains which restrained Malachite, even if just for few seconds without success

Lapis is onlky High 6-A while using the whole ocean, a couple of water chains wouldn't yields anything close to that, besides that, those attacks were just trying to restrict her, the whole barn crushing was more effective than any other attack.

Welp, I'm not sure of auro are you talking, the only instance of using auro is when Steven was projecting.

Antoniofer said:
Lapis is onlky High 6-A while using the whole ocean, a couple of water chains wouldn't yields anything close to that, besides that, those attacks were just trying to restrict her, the whole barn crushing was more effective than any other attack.

Welp, I'm not sure of auro are you talking, the only instance of using auro is when Steven was projecting.
That's exactly the Aura I'm talking about. It cancelled out Blue and Yellow's combined attack on his Astral form. Not that it matters much anymore considering Astral Projections don't scale to the real thing apparently so I'll drop it.

Alright, I give. High 6-A Steven isn't happening .... yet. (Fingers crossed for Season 6)

He should still be higher on the 6-B spectrum then before though as he affected Blue more than anyone else. He was already comparable to Garnet due to the whole Topaz thing. (Who scales to Garnet if I remember right)

The diamonds should get a planet level tier with their arm ships as it was able of to take on the cluster, which has enough force to destroy the planet.

Lapis wasn't as effective as she could've been. She even outright says "Get her [BD] off the beach", meaning she'd be able to actually deal some damage if Blue was in the water

Tipoima said:
Lapis wasn't as effective as she could've been. She even outright says "Get her [BD] off the beach", meaning she'd be able to actually deal some damage if Blue was in the water
This is the same person who stole the entire ocean overnight. If that were true then she could have just dragged Blue into the ocean herself.

Iamunanimousinthat said:
The diamonds should get a planet level tier with their arm ships as it was able of to take on the cluster, which has enough force to destroy the planet.
The cluster is Large Star level actually.

Tipoima said:
Hmm, no, not at all, she said "Knock her off this beach!" in a "Let's make her go away!" meaning

The warships wouldn't scale to the potential power of the Cluster when the ship only fought an arm of the Cluster, whose AP is way below of its the potential final form. Furthermore, I consider the Cluster's calc to be highballed, being considered to have a spherical form (when is not) and just assuming that the Cluster is ~58 times bigger than Earth.

On another note...

Render for partially formed Cluster? (I had to edit out the CN logo, so it might look a bit shit in one corner)

Steven Universe - Reunited Full Episode (Clip 2 4) screenshot
Partial The Cluster

Yeah, an actual appearance works better as profile picture. In another note, should the Cluster be moved to the Crystal Gems in the verse page? its Steven's ally.

I mean, it never formally joined the Crystal Gems like Lapis/Peridot, it just kind of helped him out.

So it's alright if I add that picture for the profile? I'll make a tabber with the bubbled version on there too.

Back