• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heart of the Crystal gems upgrades (part 1?)

So, this is what I'm thinking for the Diamonds;

Each Diamond has an "Aura", that's the source of some of their abilities, seen when Steven tried contacting them on the astral plane.

Yellow's Aura - Electricity Projection (Destabalization and Electricity Manip)

Blue's Aura - Emotional Projection (Empathic Manip)

Pink/Steven's Aura - Thought Projection (Mind Control, Telepathy, Astral Projection)

And each of these Auras can effect/be used to attack non-corporeal beings on the astral plane Steven was on. They can also sense these beings, although not until after contact with them is made.

So for the profiles:

Blue Diamond: Aura (Allows her to detect and harm entities on the astral plane, and project her emotions onto others)

Yellow Diamond: Aura (Allows her to detect and harm entities on the astral plane, and produce electrical blasts that destabalize gems)

Rose Quartz/Steven Universe: Aura (Allows him to enter the astral plane, where he can possess minds and project his thoughts)

Cropfist said:
What about Bismuth one-shotting a gem who broke Steven's bubble shield?
Isn't his regular bubble Country level, and his Sheild/Spike Bubble Multi-Continent?

• "I thought she just said it was going to be bigger than the Earth, not far bigger. If she said far bigger, then I agree. Otherwise, at least 5-B."
@Darkanine I agree, "at least 5-B" would be the safest tier to give to the Cluster.

So how much AP should the Arm have? It's obviously massive. We hot country level Garnet via shapeshifting. Wonder what the Cluster would get?

The cluster's arm would easily be tier 5 through mass energy, we just need to find it's approximate size to figure out how far into it

Nah, the diamonds never physically fought it. The ships did. Blue just had the ship crash on top of her.

Also, I honestly feel like mass energy isn't producing realistic results, but that's just me.

Although, for the hand ship, I'm tempted to do a key for the Diamond hand ship.

Sooooo i may have looked back into Adventures in Light Distortion and did some math and got 64c for the ship normally and 15779249c for the ship with the gravity engine calibration disabled

Actually no, im genuinely curious now because i dont see any mention of an asteroid belt close to the moon anywhere

Welp, when Steven was ejected to space it doesn't happens that much time before found a group of asteroids, and he wasn't rejected to such high speeds to reach beyond mars in such small timeframe.

Actually, looking at that feat and plugging in some numbers, no, that would actually be FTL as well, it took about 4 minutes and 30 seconds for steven to travel from the moon to the asteroid belt

The width of the asteroid belt is anything between Mars and Jupiter, that's means that the closest point to the belt is the distance between Eart and Mars, that is an average of 0.52 AU (The belt isn't just aside Mars, so this number may vary). Furthermore, there's also other asteroid orbits around Earth, than can be even less than 0.983 AU.

I also highly doubt that Steven was sucked into space by the vacuum at speeds superior to speed of light (physically isn't possible), we also known what happens to steven when he travels to speed higher than light, and he didn't experiment the same effects.

Steven experienced speed in excess of 15 million times the speed of light, the speed he was sucked into space was 4 times the speed of light, of course he's not going to experience the same effect

Also unless the rubies set out from homeworld 25000+ years in advance to reach earth they would have to have been going a bare minimum of mftl to reach earth from homeworld in the timeframe they did

>15 million times ftl. Where's that value coming from? Even highballing at the extreme the calc the result would be 9 millions; that is, of course, impossible, cuz the calc assume travelling at lightspeed, and its use the timeframe of the chapter that is highballed cuz Steven was knocked by an unknown amount of time. Furthermore, the speed of the Roaming Eye (hyperspeed I mean) shouldn't be that high compared to SoL, otherwise it would take millions of years (as you suggested) to the Gem's bodies to catch up with their gems, when it only took a couple of seconds.

If you want a more accurate calc about the Roaming Eye, they travelled from Earth to moon in a short amount of time, I calculated it to be ~4.3% SoL. The 0.983 AU is the distance to the edge of the orbit, asteroid can be closer than that.

Travelling 70+ lightyear in 140 seconds. Steven wasn't knocked out when he disabled the warp drive's calibration. And yeah, the fact that their bodies caught up so quickly is further proof that pearl's claim that they cant go ftl is wrong.

And i calced them traveling to the asteroid belt lowball you gave me as 3.5c

Also Steven couldnt have been out for more than a few seconds unless you think the gems just randomly stood there staring at him for a long time without doing anything to help him

When Steven activated the hyperspeed he knocked out for a moment, the other time he didn't active hyperspeed, he just desactivated the gravity shield (or whatever is called), they where travel at the same speed the whole time. Yes, Steven just knock down for just a couple of seconds, so timeframe wouldn't change that much by that.

Again, the asteroid group is not necesary at that distance, it can be anywhere close to the Earth's orbit, the Rubies were close, so that is the same group of asteroids from Back to the Moon, that is parallel to the moon, a little beyond or "behind" it.

Ignoring gem's bodies can't go beyond SoL wouldn't make the entire point of the episode meanless, and it would also ignore the entire physiology of the gems, just cuz feats that were performed by a single gem and was "out of camera".

They were definitely not traveling at the same speed the whole time. And exactly, it would be lower by a few seconds at the most but not enough to drastically reduce the overall value.

Except there is never any mention of an asteroid group next to the moon anywhere in the show, and its never shown anywhere despite numerous trips to the moon and outer space, and by occams razor it would be the asteroid belt rather than a random cluster of asteroids that the writers likely dont even know exists

There are almost a dozen instances of gems being completely fine when going mftl+, the claim that they cant go ftl is wrong.

Steven being knocked wouldn't change that result, but they were in hyperspeed the whole time since Steven activated it, Pearl even say that nearly the end of the chapter, that he desactivated the shield by mistake.

Now do you care about what the writers known? They not even the real size of moon or Earth (you can angsize them in any instance, you wouldn't get an accurate size or distance, what they known is that light can't surpass SoL, and that is in-verse fact. In fiction is always a random thing: a random asteroid going to collide earth, a random planet localized in a known binary system, a random lake localized in a real country; at least a group of asteroid around earth orbit is factible.

>Numerous trips to space. They were only 3 space trips, and two of them they encountered asteroids and rubies

>Dozens of instance of gems going mftl+. The only instances involve Lapis, those are the instance that contradict the gem's physiology that has been better explained before, in fact, one of those instances was before the explaination so good it could be a retcon (you even used the light-thing explaination to upgrade gems based in they weight ignoring everything else). Other instances involve spaceships (that use a shield in order to gems do not distort) and teleporter/warpers, that do not contradict anything.

well, Lapis' feat already got accepted, so if you want to use that as an argument you would have to get that undone

Exactly

And yet The Diamonds have an attack that surpasses lightspeed, literally every Gem spaceship that has been in the series has shown the ability to go MFTL+, and yet Gems have multiple feats of reacting to things while moving at above light speeds and nothing is said about it. The Everlasting brought this up before and it is the same situation here, this is like Homestuck saying that things cant go FTL as they perform an FTL feat and there are multiple other FTL feats in the series. Occam's Razor dictates that the answer with the fewest assumptions is the correct one, in this case that answer is that the asteroid field they flew into is the asteroid belt but as ive already demonstrated even by going by the lowest assumption possible for a cluster of asteroids they could have flown into it would still be FTL.

Theyve been to space over half a dozen times at this point, and every time there is an FTL feat of varying magnitudes.

Lets see, Lapis has two MFTL+ feats, Eyeball dodging asteroids while moving FTL, Pearl dodging asteroids while piloting the Roaming Eye at FTL speeds, Peridos has a ridiculously high MFTL+ feat from warping from Homeworld to Earth after the robonoids fixed the Galaxy Warp, The Gem Warship and the Diamond Warships both flew from Homeworld to Earth in a few weeks, Aqumarine's ship flew from Earth to Homeworld in a day, Rose has a FTL feat via warping, The Rubies flying to and searching every inch of every planet of the solar system in a day, and those are just the ones ive found so far. So no, the only instance is not just Lapis. And Warps still move the Gem at FTL speeds and the Gems dont distort or lag.

Specific attacks that do not scale to no one (whose speed haven't even be calculated) and flight speed of ships do not probe anything, the warps were made specifically to teleport gems (it also teleport anything) no one suffer from any distortion; according to you 15*10^6c can push down Steven, but over 5 billions c do absolutely anything? Is pretty obvious that the warp jusy warp space (redundant).

Let me count: Teleporting to moon = 1, flying to the moon with rubies = 2, Greg being kidnapped = 3, kidnapping Steven = 4, being with Lars = 5 + 1, again in the moon = 7. Yeah, they were more than 3 times in space, is true, but only 3 of those 7 (2 more counting Lapis although it was never showed) involve being inside or passing throw earth's orbit, and all of these involve using spaceships or teleporting, and only one of then involve someone reacting to something WHILE using a space ship.

And about the asteroid thing, there's a good explaination in SU wiki and share the same concerns than me, when the ship left there weren't indeed travelling at SoL nor higher (there's even a calc for that), minor celestial bodies can be found anywhere close to Earth's orbit, the 0.983 AU is not a minimun requeriment, is just another range to clasify near-earth objects, being close to Earth or the moon do not contradict anything. Why assume that they could be that close? question would be why whould be that far when they were ejected they were relatively slow moving, at least 2.38 km/s (you can also calculate it if you want).

Honestly, being sucked out of the airlock shouldn't have even put them in orbit. At most, it would throw them a couple km away. All that scene is just plot stupidity.

Actually yes it was calculated here at 1.198 c. Flight speed of the ships prove that Gems can in fact handle FTL speeds without lagging behind the ships. Warps arent teleportation, theyre explicitly shown to take time, more like a fast travel, and Gems dont lag behind when they warp. And yes, exactly. If anything disabling the gravity drive's calibration should have knocked steven out cold considering he was stunned just from turning it on in the first place.

Exactly, all of those feats are solid, consistent proof that Gems can in fact handle FTL speeds. Also you forgot the one of Ruby dodging asteroids while being flung at FTL speeds.

They were traveling FTL as ive already proven with the calculations ive done. Youre acting like they dodged a single asteroid when they explicitly flew through an entire field of them. I dont understand why youre trying to make all of these assumptions and guesses and trying to severely overcomplicate this and then backtrack on what youre saying because it doesnt agree with what you think. Why assume they wouldnt be? There is literally no reason to assume its not the asteroid belt and even if we use the closest belt of asteroids to earth that isnt the actual asteroid belt the result is still FTL. I did calculate it and i got 4.6c.

IMO it's easier to assume SU has some asteroids in Moon's orbit as garbage from Gems building stuff there than that being sucked out of airlock gives you FTL speed. Also, I don't remember any instance of FTL travel that can't be explained with Gem tech or abilities. And air pressure isn't either of those things.

Back