• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Layer Evaluation Thread

@Zabazab thank you, I can see the second layer there.

@Astral_Trinity439 why would they have info analysis resistance when that's not a normal trait of magic in the first place? You're gonna need to prove that they normally resist info analysis in the first place for layers.

Some of your links aren't working for the curse hax, the power null and absorption looks fine.

It seems like some posts weren't added to the OP. So that this won't be too long so I'll just bump a few at a time.
The Spirit of Eternal Sword Hax Scaling and Penetration-Page 5

Zelda-Page 6
Don't deal with many verses with layered hax but uh there's some instances of it in Zelda that I'd like evaluated just to be sure they're legit. Nothing ridiculous like infinite layers (Thank god) but still worth noting.

ALTTP Link had Magic Powder can transmute people into slimes and monsters like Hinox are immune to it, but not to the effects of his Quake Medallions spell which should count as 2 layers. People like Ganon can resist the medallion so his resistance scales to those layers as well. The Triforce also has the same layers, it can turn Poes into Hyu's despite Poes also being immune to the Magic Powder, and ALTTP Link's resistance scales to these layers since he can resist the transmutation effects of the Triforce's magic.

I think Majora also has some layers for transmutation and mind manipulation, since OOT/MM Link can wander the Lost Woods just fine when normally the woods turn anyone who wanders it into stalfos but Majora still turns him into a Deku Scrub regardless. Link also has the Triforce of Courage when Majora transmutes him and that normally protects him from being turned into monsters (Although given what I can tell from our new standards on layers I don't think this means Link's innate resistance and the resistance of the Triforce of Courage count collectively as 2 layers). Majora also heavily screws with Link's mind in that same scene, and he can withstand putting on the FD Mask that forcibly floods his mind with the memories of everyone in Termina (Which is why he screams in pain), and his resistance to the lost woods turning him into a Stalfos also prevents him from becoming mindless since that's what most Stalfos are.

Ganondorf (The first one) has layered power null I think, Hyrule was being ravaged by disasters that were previously unstoppable to normal magic but Ganon used a form of magic never seen before and just nulled all of it in one fell swoop. There's also some potenial for Ganondorf (The current one) to have layered death hax but that's a discussion for another day (Kinks still need to be worked out for that one, life-force in Zelda is weird like that).

Last edited:
It seems like some posts weren't added to the OP. So that this won't be too long so I'll just bump a few at a time.
The Spirit of Eternal Sword Hax Scaling and Penetration-Page 5
Archie Sonic-Page 5
These image links don't work.

Well you're gonna have to tell that to the guy who made the post not me. I'm just bumping these posts so that they can be added to the OP.
We've already said before for people to not spontaneously post any Sonic stuff given that the supporters are currently working this stuff out. It just makes things needlessly more complicated

Next list of posts that haven't been added yet:
Martial Peak-Page 8
I'd like to get the current Martial Peak Hax Layers evaluated.
Scans and references are all in the blog
Plants vs Zombies-Page 8
Desolate Era-Page 13
@Theglassman12

Desolate Era had its layers accepted here. One layer per cultivation realm or heartforce level. Applies to mind/soul/memory illusion up until Celestial Immortals. Applies to everything from that point and beyond.
Okay so I got more potential 40k layers. To start off:

Last edited:
We've already said before for people to not spontaneously post any Sonic stuff given that the supporters are currently working this stuff out. It just makes things needlessly more complicated
I didn't make that post, it was Brogeefrong in page 5,I was just bumping it cause I thought that this was already accepted but wasn't added to the OP yet.

Next list of posts that haven't been added yet:
Not sure about the name of this one.-Page 15
So, I'm indexing a verse (cultivation), and I wanted to know if this is enough to assume layers between levels of realms.

So, basically the MC is at the Divine Altar Realm, and he can unleash a pressure that is able to make people at that realm and below unable to move, whereas those above (Supernatural realm) are fine.

Fast forward, after reaching a high level in the Divine Altar Realm, he's now able to pressure even dudes who are in the Supernatural realm. This is the case for a lot of abilities, such as fire manip, and power null unable to affect people who are stronger than him (Even though stronger here means spiritually, as the realms are more focused on the mind and soul instead of the physical body).

Would this be enough to assume layers between levels of a realm, or at least Realms? Since even his powernull doesn't work on someone who is stronger than him, such as a level 2 divine altar realm while he is level 1.
Greenverse-Page 15
I would like to add a bit more to this

2 layer resistance: John Taylor, Dead Boy, Razor Eddie and Suzie Shooter can all resist Varney's hypnotism
3 layers for Walker's Voice: Walker is able to use his Voice against Suzie
3 Layer resistance: John, The Walking Man and Lilith are all able to resist his Voice
Willverse-Page 16
Naruto-Page 17
Actually, I know which ones you aren't seeing:

Here's for EMS > MS

Here's for Koto > EMS & MS (Itachi had Koto as a failsafe to use against Sasuke, whom he knew had EMS)

There's no link for IT > Koto, as the argument presented is as such:
A) It's powered with the most powerful Dojutsu in the series, the Rinne Sharingan, AND Six Paths Senjutsu Chakra.
B) As established with prior examples (EMS Sharingan > MS Sharingan > 3T Sharingan), that evolved Dojutsu also evolve in Genjutsu Potency
C) The only Jutsu capable of countering it is a Six Paths enhanced Rinnegan (which strengthens the evidence for the next layer as well)

Here's for the Last Sasuke's Tomoe Rinnegan > Koto
Jusutsu Kaisen-Page 17
I know JJK supporters know this but I'd like it recognized for clarity.

So Cursed spirits & Cursed Energy are invisible and exist as forms of a second light and sorcerers can see them.

Limited Biological Manipulation & Enhanced Senses (Cursed energy is able to rewire the brain of humans, allowing them to defy modern science and technology, such as being able to perceive cursed spirits which exist within the wavelengths of visible light but are unrecognizable to the normal brain and cannot be captured on cameras due to being a second form of light[1])

Then we have Sukuna's dismantle which are also invisible but they are invisible even to sorcerers. And we know this is invisibility due to Mahoraga adapting to it and being able to see it afterwards showing its generally been invisible to others.

So layering would be: Cursed Energy < Dismantle.

@Astral_Trinity439 why would they have info analysis resistance when that's not a normal trait of magic in the first place? You're gonna need to prove that they normally resist info analysis in the first place for layers.
Apologies, I've added another scan for [Analysis Magic].
The layers : Magic -> Unique skill users resist it -> Unique skill analysis -> Ultimate skills resist it
Some of your links aren't working for the curse hax,
Alright, will change them
highlighted the scan which I fixed in white bold, double-checked the others, and the rest of the links are working fine from my side so left them as they are.

the power null and absorption looks fine.
alright

Last edited:
Some users told me that it probably resistance to power nullification but I want to be sure.
In the spook's series, the moonlight possess the ability to show the truth of things, so under it it's impossible to mantain any illusion or false eppearance spell.
However that character Alice Deane can keep illusion under the moonlight like it's nothing, several character call her out on this like here:
"Appalled, I pulled away from her. 'Moonlight shows the truth of things, you know that, Alice. It's one of the things you told me when we first met. So is that what I've just seen? What you really are? Have I seen the truth?'"
So is it resistance to power nullification, an additional layer or something else entirely?

Last edited:
Don't know if I should make a CRT, or post it here.

But yea, I made this blog for What a Beautiful Series, covering the abilities that came to mind that's layered.

This page on Kikai and Critter is also pretty important for it. Don't really consider this the final version for the blog or the Cracking Being page, as that depends on input from here.

Most of it is straightforward, it's when we get into the immunity territory that it becomes controversial imo. For 1 does immunity exist? If so, how far does the immunity extend.

A previous thread which touched on this had some opposition to Critters being immune to Cracking.

Anyway lets try and sort this out.

I see this going 1 of 3 ways when it comes to immunity

• Kikai and Critters are only immune to stuff they explicitly are stated to not have such as a life or soul. Everything else is just resistance
  • Kikai, are immune to everything including the abilities of Critters, because they are outright stated to be immune to numerous stuff, and are the counter to Critters, thus should be immune to generic Critter abilities ie mind and fear hax. This is currently what's accepted on the profiles.
  • Same as option 2, but Kikai and Critters are immune even to the abilities of Cracking, as they are outright stated to be invulnerable, and Cracking not applying to them.

Of course I guess a 4th option exists, which is that no immunity at all exists, though I find that highly unlikely as we know for a fact things like Kikai not having a life.

Last edited:
1 POSSIBLY layer of Durability Negation, Death Manipulation, Corruption, Poison Manipulation, Corrosion Inducement, Possibly Matter Manipulation for all Weeping Blades in Warhammer Fantasy

"This became his folly. Deep in thought, the High King failed to see the shadow which crept silently down the walls behind him. Out of the shadows, Deathmaster Snikch stabbed the High King with three thrice-blessed warpforged knives, cleaving through the great Armour of Skaldour. Thorgrim staggered forward, great stabs of pain coursing through him. As the king fell to his knees, he could see the points of three blades jutting out of his chest. As darkness slowly enveloped his sight, Thorgrim’s last thoughts were for his people. Like a damned fool beardling he had left the door open behind him. There were so many grudges left unanswered. His last thought crystallised with painful clarity – of course, the hateful cowards had stabbed him in the back. Thus the last High King of the Dwarfs was dead, and a portal between worlds opened in its wake. Rats poured through and infiltrated the hidden stairway. On that sorrowful day, Karaz-a-Karak had finally fallen to the rats."

Now, could this be AP? yes and no. Warpstone is very fucky, however, Weeping Blades are only made of a small amount of Warpstone, so the matter manipulation "I go through everything" stuff is only possibly, hence, so is the Layer.

Now why is this a layer? Dwarves resist ALL of that. they innately resist Aethyr Manipulation and they are a baseline resistance to it. AKA, they resist everything under the sun.

@Astral_Trinity439 Yeah not exactly seeing the layers here given most of this is just taking the normal magic stuff and extrapolating it onto info analysis and curse stuff.

@Celestial_Pegasus idk if the critters being similar to cracking would add layers to cracking, it would just make them baseline from that alone, though the layers itself is fine.

@DaReaperMan durability negation I wouldn't count that for layered hax since the ability itself is too vague on its own to grant a layered hax or resistance, though the rest is fine.

@Celestial_Pegasus The time hax part I'm not seeing that in the scan for Gii stealing their time. The particles thing I'm not sure on given it could just be some other non-physical form of particles, like particles of information or something. It seems their definition of immunity is a bit different than ours, since we treat immunity as something they literally lack, making haxing them with said ability impossible. It looks more like they're just resistant to any forms of attack, so option 2 might be the better option here.

@Astral_Trinity439 resisting magic, and resisting all forms of magic are two different things, so unless Magic normally has info analysis properties, I'm not seeing it for unique skills. Also again not seeing this being extra layers for either abilities, the best I'm seeing is Ultimate skill users having baseline resistances for curse hax, and just one layer above for that ability.

Was literally about to bump this, good timing.

Says it right here, that defeating Petrovna requires taking away her present, and it can be done with Porshion's hand.

Also the hand is explicitly stated to take away the present, thus bringing the past.

If we are going with the requirement that they have to lack things, in order to be immune, then that is the first option I presented. We can go with that and get this over with.

Back