• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Has Sonic as a Continent Buster been accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question Davy: By how much would this affect Sonics Super form's power level here? Does he still stay at Planet level+(i think that's his rating for there, right?) or what?

Sonic is effectively Large Planet Level as Super Sonic, possibly higher thanks to defeating the Concept of Darkness after he'd gained his full strength from maturing (Perfect Dark Gaia). The Planet Breaking was a casual feat that happened upon it awakening. So Sonic becomes Continent Busting as a normal and it stays until more feats come... well... there are more feats, but they just weren't accepted. (Creepy smile)

Can you please light this up so other people see it, getting tired of bumping for no reason.

Davy0 said:
Can you please light this up so other people see it, getting tired of bumping for no reason.
It's done. I was wondering why you didn't highlight it the first time when you made this.

Everyone thinks I'm an admin because of how I act. So I don't blame you. I just tell it how I feel it.

Davy0 said:
Everyone thinks I'm an admin because of how I act. So I don't blame you. I just tell it how I feel it.
Nah, i always go by the thinking that every member has the ability to highlight pages they make.

But on this topic, A Continent level Sonic would be awesome.

Indeed, and the butthurt will come and consume the light of the hopefuls, the storm has arrived. Winter has come.

Davy0 said:
Indeed, and the butthurt will come and consume the light of the hopefuls, the storm has arrived. Winter has come.
That sounds like something i'd hear from an anime. Nice. :)

It won't be nice when I get pissed and have to state all the reasons why while strangling the hell out of a person asking dumb questions.

Davy0 said:
It won't be nice when I get pissed and have to state all the reasons why while strangling the hell out of a person asking dumb questions.
OH YEAH, the whole "state why he/she/it is rated as this" thing. Oooooooohhh...

And then I place the reasons clear as day, yet they still ask the same question, yet I'm expected to keep my composure because idiots can't read. Yep.

Davy0 said:
And then I place the reasons clear as day, yet they still ask the same question, yet I'm expected to keep my composure because idiots can't read. Yep.
I dread the day where i have to do this myself as well. Hopefully someone can look over at this page.

Nah, they won't make it that easy You gotta break your back for the dumbasses.

That's why you keep it ready for when they ask the dumb questions, heaven protect you if they ask you to read it to them as well.

Davy0 said:
That's why you keep it ready for when they ask the dumb questions, heaven protect you if they ask you to read it to them as well.
I'd take God's Hell to protect me than Heaven actually(don't ask me why i choose that). But yeah, hope it protects me.

I could give a damn who reviews it, so long as the upgrades happen. There's no reason why they should not.

Davy0 said:
I could give a damn who reviews it, so long as the upgrades happen. There's no reason why they should not.
I want them to get upgraded too

I suppose we talked about this before but I don't remember so could post the link where we talked about it so I can review and i can get back to you during December

no i don't think that was the one, because i remeber posting in it i just don't remeber what actually happened but it specifically asked for an upgrade for base forms

Basically, Ifrit, Harming Dark Gaia, Emerl, and Chaos in Perfect Mode possibly Iblis, too. Ifrit is someone all the characters defeated in the game, even Tails, lol.

ok i remeber now thanks

i will read over this and see some things and we can talk about it in december

I'm fine with upgrading Super Sonic and the rest of the Super characters to Large Planet level, but I'd put down MFTL speed as a "possibly" at best. The MFTL category starts at 100x the speed of light, and the base forms are around Lightspeed to marginally FTL, meaning the Super forms would have to be 50-100x faster than the base forms, which is a number you're going to have to provide solid proof for to justify anything more than a "possibly".

If I remember correctly, base Sonic being Continental was from him managing to harm Imperfect Dark Gaia while it was being restrained by the Gaia Colossus. The issue with this is that you're basically slapping a rating on this with nothing to truly justify it. Not only was Dark Gaia being restrained, but Sonic struck it in it's most vulnerable areas (it's eyes). Although you're being conservative by labeling it as Continent level, this feat is practically unquantifiable since there are far too many outside factors in this to say it's a clear portrayal of Sonic's power, and thus there's no justification or proof for labelling this as anything.

Emerl, Perfect Chaos

Not going over those two again.

Ifrit

I haven't played Sonic Rivals, but from what I've heard, the Ifrit would be classed as a lifewiper, which is unquantifiable and doesn't scale to anyone.

No, they said that he would destroy the world. Actually I posted about it. Why don't you go look for it, Uncle-san. And from what I heard, Life-Wiping didn't exist anymore, so he'd be at least... oh... what did I say he was... "Continent Level+", before. Hm... The same rating we give every life-wiper now. Interesting.

they said he would destroy the world

The same thing said of half of all pop culture villains, only a fraction of which are actual planet busters? Vague statement is vague and could mean anything from lifewiping to planet-busting. You can't discern anything from such a statement

And from what I heard, Life-Wiping didn't exist anymore, so he'd be at least... oh... what did I say he was... "Continent Level+", before. Hm... The same rating we give every life-wiper now. Interesting.

What lifewipers? The standout example in my mind is Grima, and he either probably shouldn't be at the level he's at or has some other justification. The entire reason we got rid of the lifewiper category is because it's entirely unquantifiable. Not merely lower than Moon level, entirely unquantifiable. If lifewiping was quantifiably Continent level like you say, we would have just moved it from tier 5-C to 6-A on the character tiering page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back