• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Has Sonic as a Continent Buster been accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was saying was just basically my thought process about the whole thing, but I'm trying to back it up with evidence of her affecting a world and not just a country, and there's more than enough for it.

Like the constant saying of "the world". But again, Uncle-san is trying his best to get a shot gun when he's barely fronting one of those kiddish cowboy pop guns. The ammo he has just isn't strong enough.

"Sonic is already the fastest hedgehog there is, but now that he's entered the legendary world of Camelot, he wields a sacred sword, Caliburn. Caliburn and Sonic make a cutting and quick team, able to handle the toughest henchman of the Black Knight while offering their foes a smirk and a joke. Even though he stays cool in even the most intense battles, Sonic always follows his heart while helping his friends and the people of Camelot." - Sonic's profile on the Sonic and the Black Knight website.

Sonic's storybook series, which kicked off with the hit Sonic and the Secret Rings,continues in a fast-paced, sword-filled action adventure! In Sonic and the Black Knight,Sonic is drawn into the rich, colorful world of King Arthur's Camelot by the granddaughter of the legendary wizard Merlin who asks him to harness the power of a sacred sword. The heroic hedgehog must fight off the fearsome knights, avoid obstacles and unravel the mystery of a villain who threatens the very existence of Camelot. Designed exclusively for Wii, Sonic and the Black Knight brings a new twist to Sonic gameplay with frenetic swordplay, making full use of the intricate controls of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. - Official Sega Website.

Lastly.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/951327-sonic-and-the-black-knight/faqs/56075 - Game Script. Use F3 if ya want to find it.

Scenes - [ST20] World Destruction

Script - What good is a world that goes on forever!? (from Sonic, actually says it TWICE, once in a cutscene, the other during his fight with Merlina)

Merlina...every world has its end. I know thats kinda sad, but thats why we've got to live life to its fullest in the time we have. *Gives a flower to her* At least that's what I figure.

You're spouting off mentions of the word "world" as if it automatically means planet-sized. It doesn't. Here's the various definitions of "world" according to dictionary.com:

the earth or globe, considered as a planet.

(often initial capital letter) a particular division of the earth:

the Western world.

the earth or a part of it, with its inhabitants, affairs, etc., during a particular period:

the ancient world.

humankind; the human race; humanity:

The world must eliminate war and poverty.

the public generally:

The whole world knows it.

the class of persons devoted to the affairs, interests, or pursuits of this life:

The world worships success.

a particular class of people, with common interests, aims, etc.

the fashionable world.

As you can see, only one of those (the first one) always refers to the whole of a planet. Then again, this should be common knowledge. I shouldn't even have to explain this, but you're so incredibly stubborn that you won't take no for an answer.

So we should deny the fact that a book has its own universe just because you think that the world is smaller, even though they constantly say "the world and this kingdom". Right?

You're correct. When you prove me wrong, I'll give it to you. But you haven't done anything but call "fallacy" with no evidence. For everything actually, due to overly cautious BS, but that's on you. I do know that if you close this thread again over the same BS because you don't believe it, I'm gonna be royally pissed and get admins to escalate this further. But your BS ends with that, though.

Um... good for that. There's also an ocean, and more land that extends more than just beyond Camelot, which was just stated by Pikachu. Implying such. Just because it's the central place, that means nothing. Many animes have Japan be the central place of the universe, does that mean it's the only place on the planet? Not unless it states otherwise.

...Which she has no concern for, as her focus is entirely on Camelot, and that is the extent of her influence. Her powers influenced the game map; that much is certain based on what we see in-game, but anything further is unfounded assumption.

Ah so... "World Destruction" has no meaning when relating to a scene in which the entire world would have been destroyed. No. They constantly stated that THE WORLD was going to be destroyed. That the world was in peril, and they even stated "The world and the kingdom". Once again, your ammunition lacks.

Davy0 said:
So we should deny the fact that a book has its own universe just because you think that the world is smaller, even though they constantly say "the world and this kingdom". Right?
You're correct. When you prove me wrong, I'll give it to you. But you haven't done anything but call "fallacy" with no evidence. For everything actually, due to overly cautious BS, but that's on you. I do know that if you close this thread again over the same BS because you don't believe it, I'm gonna be royally pissed and get admins to escalate this further. But your BS ends with that, though.
You don't threaten me, Davy. If you get the admins in, they'll look at this thread, see your stubborn hypocrisy and straw-grasping, and then conclude that I was right and possibly issue you a ban. I'm not the one indulging in semantics and unfounded assumptions here; you are. That you think I'm calling fallacy with "no evidence" shows you not only refused to acknowledge anything I said, but that you think everyone here will just accept your points at face value without any sort of scrutiny. That is not how it works around here, and you will not get that to change.

Also, you can stop bringing up all the "work" you did to gather your talking points. Not only does how much effort it took you to get it not correlate with it's truthfulness or accuracy, but you act like it was back-breaking work. It was not. Virtually everything you've presented here can be found right on the Sonic News Network, and anything that isn't on there can be found on YouTube. You're not fooling anyone.

Speaking of closing the thread, I'm quite close to doing so. You're indulging in the same behavior that caused me to close the last thread, and I'm getting tired of having everything I say ignored or twisted around. You've just been plugging your ears and going "lalalalala, not listening" as I'm sitting here trying to explain myself, and I see no use in talking to someone who won't listen. In fact, I'd probably get more accomplished from talking to a brick wall.

Davy0 said:
Ah so... "World Destruction" has no meaning when relating to a scene in which the entire world would have been destroyed. No. They constantly stated that THE WORLD was going to be destroyed. That the world was in peril, and they even stated "The world and the kingdom". Once again, your ammunition lacks.
Read my post above to see why "the world" does not automatically mean planet.

Unclechairman said:
Davy0 said:
You don't threaten me, Davy. If you get the admins in, they'll look at this thread, see your stubborn hypocrisy and straw-grasping, and then conclude that I was right and possibly issue you a ban. I'm not the one indulging in semantics and unfounded assumptions here; you are. That you think I'm calling fallacy with "no evidence" shows you not only refused to acknowledge anything I said, but that you think everyone here will just accept your points at face value without any sort of scrutiny. That is not how it works around here, and you will not get that to change.
Also, you can stop bringing up all the "work" you did to gather your talking points. Not only does how much effort it took you to get it not correlate with it's truthfulness or accuracy, but you act like it was back-breaking work. It was not. Virtually everything you've presented here can be found right on the Sonic News Network, and anything that isn't on there can be found on YouTube. You're not fooling anyone.

Speaking of closing the thread, I'm quite close to doing so. You're indulging in the same behavior that caused me to close the last thread, and I'm getting tired of having everything I say ignored or twisted around. You've just been plugging your ears and going "lalalalala, not listening" as I'm sitting here trying to explain myself, and I see no use in talking to someone who won't listen. In fact, I'd probably get more accomplished from talking to a brick wall.
I could care less about what you think about it Uncle. Unfounded Assumptions? More than what you;ve shown. "Semantics", possibly, I love a good roast after all. Refuse to acknowledge? I've acknowledged plenty of times when I'm wrong, multiple times. I'm not stubborn enough not to understand my faults. Threaten you? You act like I just said I was gonna kick your ass, but sure. Whatever. Have your internet hissy fit, it's something you can take home with you while not having any evidence to support why it isn't factual.

Going through almost two hours worth of videoes to grab scenes? I call that doing a bit more work, going the extra mile to get something done. You sure as hell didn't help with anything that had to do with it, I can tell you that much.

Yes, close it again because your "facts" don't sit well with you. Do what anyone with power does that doesn't understand how to properly cover their tracks and close it prematurely before it reaches its true climax. You losing the bid for facts, and the other side winning the argument. You still have to go back and look at the fact that Sonic defeated Ifrit, Emerl, Perfect Chaos, and harmed Imperfect Dark Gaia, who can stay submerged at the earth's core, yet Sonic is capable of harming him. But hey, it's all about your "facts" right, none of that matters because you think an inconsistency with Sonic and the Black Knight makes it that way.

Always providing wonderful jokes, Uncle-san.

Why, thank you for giving me yet another reason to close this thread. I've gone over Emerl and Perfect Chaos countless times. I've also explained at length why Sonic can't be scaled to Imperfect Dark Gaia, and him being in the Earth's core doesn't mean anything, as even resisting the heat inside the core of the su only results in Multi-City Block at best. And I've explained at length why the mention of the word "world" doesn't automatically mean the world in question is planet-sized. I've explained why the Ifrit can't be scaled to any of the characters as it's only feats can't even be quantifiably measured and amount to lifewiping, an unquantifiable feat that we stopped using for stats long ago. And the fact that a Continent level base Sonic is completely inconsistent with his showings in Sonic and the Black Knight is only the tip of the iceberg.

It's been an honor providing you quality entertainment straight from your computer screen. Get ready for the grand finale... the lock thread trick.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back