• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Creating water and shooting it out at breakneck speed vs summoning lightning and merely telling it where to move is completely different

You can have a ridiculously large strength amp and a small speed amp
This is head canon because the said speed "amp" is pointing toward a statement in the databook.

Since we're working upon mostly different interpretations of the same statements, we're arguing something which is innately subjective, and not solid. This isn't a singular direct statement which doesn't have multiple other valid interpretations intertwined within it. It just isn't. We're arguing purely on our interpretations of what Zetsu actually meant by his statement, making assumptions if he's actually knowledgeable enough to be a credible source on Saskue's jutsu or not, and believing the databook statement is being literal or not.

Nothing about this is "solid", it would be intellectually dishonest in my opinion to assert we're dealing with something which isn't mostly subjective to interpretation and assumptions.
I can definitely understand why you have this stance.

imo there's less headcanon at play with just taking the SOL statement at face value.

And Zetsu does say verbatim: "The Speed of Lightning is 1000th of a second...it's faster than sound!" before the Jutsu was even cast. So his statement doesn't really support either side of the argument unless we say Kirin is just a regular lightning bolt.

I personally feel like there's much more evidence for a solid or "likely SOL" rating for Kirin but if there are others that are also this strongly opposed "Possibly SOL" works too.

As long as we are not completely disregarding a statement without any definitive counters arguments, just because.

The fact that people are arguing "Kirin isn't natural lightning" is starting to make me think they haven't read the manga.

The fact that people are arguing "Kirin isn't natural lightning" is starting to make me think they haven't read the manga.
Comments like this should be restricted here. You're making the thread unnecessarily more lengthy than it should be. Post something useful or don't.
The whole Premise of the thread addresses what you are referencing.

Comments like this should be restricted here. You're making the thread unnecessarily more lengthy than it should be. Post something useful or don't.
The whole Premise of the thread addresses what you are referencing.
If we can't even agree on the fundamentals on what the Jutsu is, then it's hard to see a way to make progress here.

If we can't even agree on the fundamentals on what the Jutsu is, then it's hard to see a way to make progress here.
Your or any other's inability to agree despite being unable to counter the Logicality presented doesn't objectively halt progress.
  • Databooks translation gave it Light Speed.
  • Controversy of it being just Lighting is nulled by Sasuke taming it and imbuing it with Chakra.
  • Zetsu has Never witnessed the Jutsu and is in no place legible to account for Sasuke's Manipulation of the Natural Lighting
Yet to be refuted.
Progress won't be denied due to Subjectivity or Incredulity. It shouldn't be an avenue to try and close the thread prematurely.

I have no intention of closing the thread. I've given my evaluation and if you want, you're welcome to seek out additional staff input.

As far as I'm concerned, all of those points have been refuted earlier in the thread.

Most of us agree with at least a possible rating. The only people firmly opposed are you and Tempest and neither of you has brought up any arguments that haven't already been refuted(and have yet to be countered.)

If you have something substantial that debunks/counters the SOL Kirin please share.

Last edited:
I have no intention of closing the thread. I've given my evaluation and if you want, you're welcome to seek out additional staff input.

As far as I'm concerned, all of those points have been refuted earlier in the thread.
None has been refuted. Avoid baseless claims.
Your evaluations have all been addressed and I personally saw to it that they were countered.
So practically, your disagreement has been refuted. I think you're done here. Bye

None has been refuted. Avoid baseless claims.
Your evaluations have all been addressed and I personally saw to it that they were countered.
So practically, your disagreement has been refuted. I think you're done here. Bye
LOL, bye then. As I said, feel free to get more staff input.

Can you point me to your refutations then so that we can go over them?

I personally care more that the argument is consistent rather than winning an argument with you. It's pointless since your mind is made up.

But I would like to make sure I didn't miss an argument that could change things.

You don't have to argue your side anymore if you don't want to.

Since we're working upon mostly different interpretations of the same statements, we're arguing something which is innately subjective, and not solid. This isn't a singular direct statement which doesn't have multiple other valid interpretations intertwined within it. It just isn't. We're arguing purely on our interpretations of what Zetsu actually meant by his statement, making assumptions if he's actually knowledgeable enough to be a credible source on Saskue's jutsu or not, and believing the databook statement is being literal or not.

Nothing about this is "solid", it would be intellectually dishonest in my opinion to assert we're dealing with something which isn't mostly subjective to interpretation and assumptions.
Wouldn't kishimoto the author who understands/wrote and understand the abilities >>>>zetus who doesn't really know anything about Kirin apart for" it is made up from lightning"! Again why would kishimoto specifically use SOL especially when he possibly knows the speed of lightning!
In all honesty Base of the lore of the show
and this a direct non hyperbolic statement from kishimoto
Don't u guys think we should take the direct statement from the author instead!!

Send a scan of Kirin being stated to be imbued with chakra
0 Debating Skills.
The premise of the thread emphasized on it.
Kirin is tamed and controlled.
Natural Lighting can't grow an eye and a face
Natural Lighting would not fall down automatically the way it did without external manipulation.
You're asking for a direct statement of that which has been logically explained.
Sorry, you are the one to explain how Lighting performed all it did without Chakra manipulating it.
So small to the point where Itachi said that Sasuke had no chakra left and the databook calls it a low impact withdraw from the user
You admitted previously that chakra is imbued in it and sent something to justify. You came back confused and asked for a justification for it again. Please boy, Focus.

You could just say that you don't have a scan for it.

The Kirin jutsu guides the lightning down from the clouds, and as Sasuke puts it he merely "directs its power" towards Itachi.

So arguments like "Sasuke's chakra boosted the lightning to 6-C" is meaningless since no such thing took place.

The lightning shaping itself into beast form? Nothing to do with its speed, and can just be a product of Sasuke "taming" the lightning and guiding it.

You could just say that you don't have a scan for it.
"Not stated to be Blue" doesn't mean "Can't be implied to be Blue". Don't reference my message in an illogical manner next time.
The Kirin jutsu guides the lightning down from the clouds, and as Sasuke puts it he merely "directs its power" towards Itachi.

So arguments like "Sasuke's chakra boosted the lightning to 6-C" is meaningless since no such thing took place.
Again, read the premise of this thread. Him merely guiding it down is in reference to the fact that he doesn't create the Lighting. He however can manipulate it from there on. "Guide" can have a contextual reference to amplification.
The lightning shaping itself into beast form? Nothing to do with its speed, and can just be a product of Sasuke "taming" the lightning and guiding it.
Lighting having facial features is used as a support to the fact that it has been altered and manipulated or tamed via chakra. Once again, don't fail to remember that all you addressed are simply used to back up the fact that Databooks translations says the speed of said Lighting is faster than Natural Lighting.

Send a scan of Kirin being stated to be imbued with chakra
Can you prove that Kirin is just Natural Lightning and nothing more? The mountain carving Dragon Lightning bolt.

Kirin is still a jutsu so chakra is involved in some way. And we've seen Sasuke still has to use chakra to guide it.

It also clearly outputs more energy than any lightning bolt normally could.

Disregarding it to just lightning speed when nothing implies that and other external sources tell us otherwise that isn't contradicted by the manga would be disingenuous.

And since you apparently can't come up with any counterpoint besides "prove it" I don't see why you don't want to settle for a possibly rating.

Wouldn't kishimoto the author who understands/wrote and understand the abilities >>>>zetus who doesn't really know anything about Kirin apart for" it is made up from lightning"! Again why would kishimoto specifically use SOL especially when he possibly knows the speed of lightning!
You aren't understanding that this is an assumption on your part, it's assuming that the databook statement is being extremely literal when you haven't proved that yet, and you're assuming it directly contradicts Zetsu's word when it doesn't innately do so. Just because the databook uses the Kanji for SOL doesn't mean it actuality it moves at the speed of light, you're removing needed context which completes the actual sentence, you can't just remove that context and then specifically focus on set of Kanji, it would be dishonest to do so. Especially for a language like Japanese.

The point i'm getting at is just because Kishimoto used SOL in his explanation of Kirin within the databooks doesn't mean it would innately move at the speed of light without further context because there's room for equal interpretations to come about which don't necessarily contradict Zetsu's word. Using a specific set of Kanji doesn't negate the possibility of the statement being hyperbolic.

In all honesty Base of the lore of the show
and this a direct non hyperbolic statement from kishimoto
Don't u guys think we should take the direct statement from the author instead!!
No one in this thread has proven it's innately non-hyperbolic, the OP only provided the Kanji for the scan without the translation, which isn't evidence for either of our claims, until someone can actually provide the full translation of that raw scan we both can't make complete assertions like this.

Can you prove that Kirin is just Natural Lightning and nothing more?
"This jutsu guides the lightning striking down from the heavens."

Kirin is still a jutsu so chakra is involved in some way. And we've seen Sasuke still has to use chakra to guide it.
Yes, the chakra is to guide it.

It also clearly outputs more energy than any lightning bolt normally could.
Yes, because the entire cloud's ambient energy is used. Hence why the storm rapidly vanishes once the jutsu has been cast.

Natural lightning can’t destroy small mountains tbf. Kirin is natural in the sense it comes from a cloud, but by all means the energy in that bolt of lightning is nowhere near natural, and I believe that is what people are getting at.

theres also the fact that Kirin is still used by stronger versions of Sasuke which would mean the speed has to be variable to a degree.

tbf, if Sasuke is only guiding the lightning then why does it take the shape of a dragon?
Idk, databook just says it does.

RRsCMxy.png

Here are the raws too if you want them.

pWSZ7_EkWpc.jpg

No body is saying it isn't natural Lightning
We are saying it is natural Lightning being manipulated by chakra ,which could be the reasoning for it having far more power than the natural thing!
It is not like this is first time ninjas infuse chakra into natural elements to increase its output
Even In og Naruto, if I'm not mistaken kakashi and zabuza use their chakra to manipulate the lake Turning the water into a dragon like Shape and increasing the output/ movement of the wave from the lake
Kawaki also mentions ninjas using their chakra to move / manipulate natural elements using water from a lake as an example
And we see when ninjas manipulate such natural elements they are amplified

It is simple lightning being controlled by sasuke chakra= the implications for kishimoto saying it moves at light speed
For batum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back