• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a statement for Tsukuyomi in general and not Itachi's perceptions. It talks about how the victim will be helpless against the Genjutsu once the Genjutsu has been cast; not that it can always be cast on someone who is lightspeed.
If the victim is already caught in the genjutsu then what would their speed matter? That interpretation seems unlikely

If the victim is already caught in the genjutsu then what would their speed matter? That interpretation seems unlikely
Exactly; it wouldn't matter. Just like how it wouldn't matter if they were made out of iron.

Agree

Kirin being faster than regular lightning shouldn’t be controversial with earlier lightning statement by much slower
characters.

Honestly Raikage statement makes the Kirin stuff more consistent since he is “near light speed” in V1. With the V2 Raikage being similar in speed to KCM Naruto and a Itachi that could already react to Kirin.

then you have other smaller supporting cases from relative characters thoughout the war. Mifune statement attacking at light speed, Daruis Laser Circus having light like properties, the Raikage body being stated and shown to be durable enough to move at light speed, Light fang much later on.

Relativistic+ to Light Speed Sannin/War Arc Kage Tier is pretty consistent with statements and scaling. More consistent than any assumptions that would need to be made for them not to be.

Are there any actual anti feats rather than people just saying they disagree?

I'm so tired of hearing debunked arguments bruh

We already discussed the raikage. The statement was figurative language, AKA not literal.

Don't bring up the Raikage.

Fair enough, how are we feeling about SOL perception through tsukoyomi?
It never says he can tag someone moving at the speed of light. It says even if you move at the speed of light, this jutsu is powerless against you.

Same for why it brings up a body of iron. It's not like saying it penetrates iron or something, or that someone durable enough can block it or sum.

The "body of iron" and "the speed of light" is in relation to the fact that when you're caught within Tsukuyomi, regardless of how strong, durable or fast one may be, you're still under the complete control and mercy of the user behind Tsukuyomi, the text supports this interpretation as well.

The "body of iron" and "the speed of light" is in relation to the fact that when you're caught within Tsukuyomi, regardless of how strong, durable or fast one may be, you're still under the complete control and mercy of the user behind Tsukuyomi, the text supports this interpretation as well.
Idk I can’t articulate why I don’t fully agree so I’ll just let it go, unless testarossa has anything else to add I’m curious how you guys feel about the new era stuff

Itachi should have FTL reactions for a different reason imo but that is just for the fact that once you are trapped in Tsukuyomi, your speed is meaningless, so disagree with that.
I would agree with Possibly light speed for Kirin
I agree with everything else here

I'm so tired of hearing debunked arguments bruh

We already discussed the raikage. The statement was figurative language, AKA not literal.

Don't bring up the Raikage.
mf this was a year and a half ago. Why are we acting like this was last week.

besides looking at this thread no one actually debunked anything.

Mifune was rated as possibly speed of light attack speed due to nothing being able to fully disapprove it and the Raikage statement was just ignored in favor of another interpretation that was felt to be more consistent at the time.

But there are several light-speed statements that are consistent with how the characters are scaled and no anti-feats for the characters have been mentioned I don't see why it's being written off so quickly.

If I'm not mistaken, the first one about Tsukuyomi actually says speed of lightning and not speed of light as it uses 稲妻 (lightning) and 光 (light) isn't mentioned anywhere, but if I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.

But regardless, you should definitely include the original scan and Japanese text when trying to get something accepted instead of just posting an unsourced unofficial translation imo.

Wouldn't karin being unavoidable cap the verse at lightening speed or something, since he's collected info since his mom?
Kirin being lightning speed is contradicted by previous Kakashi statements and others feats. Zetsu also calls Amaterasu unavoidable an arc before the Raikage dodges it. If anything it more so shows Zetsu is unreliable for information.

If I'm not mistaken, the first one about Tsukuyomi actually says speed of lightning and not speed of light as it uses 稲妻 (lightning) and 光 (light) isn't mentioned anywhere, but if I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.

But regardless, you should definitely include the original scan and Japanese text when trying to get something accepted instead of just posting an unsourced unofficial translation imo.
I can fact check that if someone got the raws

I can fact check that if someone got the raws
q539dB8.jpg

This?

We use a figure of "average lightning speed" for the Raiton jutsu that are accepted to be lightning speed. That does not mean the Kirin cannot be faster; the accepted calc for it is still within possibe lightning speeds.
Zetsu notes that Kirin would be the speed of CTG lightning
Meaning it would be in the same ball park of speed as the lightning Kakashi cut
How does something Teen Kakashi could react to be considered impossible to react to for a god tier at that point?
Zetsu's claim is looking flawed is the point here

When a technique is given a specific timeframe and a ginormously contradicting speed than what the databook gives, then Kirin is a no go
A timeframe by a character who has no idea on the jutsu?
Zetsu saw Sasuke make clouds and stuffs then concluded that it was the speed of a naturally occuring lightning
Which is already contradicted by kirin not being a naturally occuring lightning
Supernatural energy was involved in the process of it's creation

Looks like a statement for Tsukuyomi in general and not Itachi's perceptions. It talks about how the victim will be helpless against the Genjutsu once the Genjutsu has been cast; not that it can always be cast on someone who is lightspeed.
It can also mean that, no matter how fast you move, you can still get caught

Happy New Year guys

Starting 2023 on a controversial note
Naruto Speed Discussion
Shippuden
Itachi
Itachi’s Mangekyo Sharingan via his Tsukuyomi should get at least Light Speed perception
This is because, the tsukuyomi is capable of trapping those who move at the speed of light
There's another Justification for this in the next section
=SOL perception
This is an Obvious metaphor, given it says people with a body of iron. it just means even super strong and super fast people can be caught in a Genjutsu

This is a drag but I don't get the opposition to this.
A calc can't take precedence over the Databooks.
Zets's statement has be addressed to be in reference to a normal Lighting Bolt and not one that has been infused with Sasuke's Chakra
He's in no way a reliable source to determine the speed of a Jutsu he has Never witnessed.
Fan calcs are not 3rd, 4th or 5th Canon Materials

Zetsu notes that Kirin would be the speed of CTG lightning
Meaning it would be in the same ball park of speed as the lightning Kakashi cut
How does something Teen Kakashi could react to be considered impossible to react to for a god tier at that point?
Zetsu's claim is looking flawed is the point here

The Kakashi cutting lightning feat was debunked years ago, and doesn't affect the Kirin.

That's also not an act of dodging if he's just cutting it. So the statement remains valid.

No it says at the speed of a flash, which is common figurative tool used to emphasize someones speed.
Was just about to point this out.

The Konohamaru calc was accepted and added to the profiles before iirc but removed for some weird reason?. If this gets accepted then a shitload of characters like Ku, Jugo and other anime canon characters that scale to Team 7 will get upgraded too

The Kakashi cutting lightning feat was debunked years ago, and doesn't affect the Kirin.

That's also not an act of dodging if he's just cutting it. So the statement remains valid.
The point is that he can take action against said Lightning
It makes no sense for Teen 3T Kakashi to take action against something moving at a particular speed and MS Itachi was considered to be a siting duck against the same speed

The point is that he can take action against said Lightning
It makes no sense for Teen 3T Kakashi to take action against something moving at a particular speed and MS Itachi was considered to be a siting duck against the same speed
That's because they're not both treated as the same speed.... I already explained this to you.

Was just about to point this out.

The Konohamaru calc was accepted and added to the profiles before iirc but removed for some weird reason?. If this gets accepted then a shitload of characters like Ku, Jugo and other anime canon characters that scale to Team 7 will get upgraded too
Baffles me too
The calc has been there since 2020

That's because they're not both treated as the same speed.... I already explained this to you.
You did not
You only talked about the various raitons which are assumed to be the speed of lightning
Zetsu considered kirin to be the speed of CTG lightning in Narutoverse
The one involving Kakashi was an actual CTG lightning i.e not involving any chakra shenanigans
Why are both not the same speed?

Zetsu supposedly has an idea on what the speed of CTG lightning is

That aside
Kirin is only 2.7 times faster than the movement speed of 3T Shippuden Kakashi
Apart from the fact that it doesn't seem enough to completely blitz a mangekyo wielding itachi, A 30% capacity itachi was able to keep up just fine with 3T Kakashi as at the beginning of Shippuden

The more you look at it, the more holes you find in both the calc and zetsu's claim

Which again, is completely based on speculations as he has no prior knowledge on the jutsu nor it's mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back