• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hank Pym profile overhaul and revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_Courne

He/Him
Original page
My revised sandbox of Hank Pym’s profile
  • I added a 5-B end for his size manipulation and with weapons
  • Gave him justifications for some of his abilities (nothing too major)
  • Updated his 9-A+ jumpsuit to 8-C possibly High 8-C (Tigra's current rating)
  • Possibly Relativistic+ reaction speed
In this thread, Hank Pym's Planet level scaling was removed due to his size changing statistics being too "inconsistent" however I have added that scaling back to his page, he has consistently fought with Herald level characters in both his 12 foot and >100 foot sizes while withstanding their attacks

Agree: @Excel616, @Marvel_Champion_07, @LordTracer, @LephyrTheRevanchist, @Lightning_XXI, @Maverick_Zero_X
Disagree:

Last edited:
In this thread, Hank Pym's Planet level scaling was removed due to his size changing statistics being too "inconsistent" however I have added that scaling back to his page, he has consistently fought with Herald level characters in both his 12 foot and >100 foot sizes while withstanding their attacks
Not sure about using Tier 3 Herald scaling for a 5-B rating, but the rest of it looks fine

Time for me to scrutinize

Firstly, there’s quite a few references that are outside of the parentheses (I know the page was already like that, but it still needs to be fixed), those need to be moved so they’re inside.

Scott Lang has also used the Strength axis in order to humiliate Doctor Doom
This doesn‘t really fit in Hank’s Varies justification, it should be removed or moved to his Attack Potency if you can give a justification for Hank scaling to Scott.

Hercules doesn’t have a 5-B statistic anymore, and since he’s confirmed to be stronger than Hank, this isn’t a great justification and should be removed.

Although noticably weaker, he has restrained Namor and thrown him with Hulk believing Giant Man would be a challenge to fight alone.
Throwing someone isn’t a good AP justification unless you harm them, and Hulk’s statement doesn’t imply that he thinks Hank is a challenge, just that he wants to see what Namor can do. I would change this to “Although noticably weaker, he has briefly restrained Namor”.

Hank doesn’t say his ability is equal to Vision’s, he says that it’s “somewhat compensatory”, meaning that it can somewhat counter Vision’s density manipulation, not that they’re dead even.

His blasts should be comparalble to the Wasp's
This needs a justification for why they should be comparable to the Wasp’s blasts.

It really doesn’t seem like he’s restraining Hulk here, just grabbing his arm before he starts going crazy, and Thor doesn’t have Stellar lifting strength (you’d also have to prove that Thor’s not holding back here in order to scale to him).

Oh, and Hank Pym sucks so the entire page should be deleted tbh

This doesn‘t really fit in Hank’s Varies justification, it should be removed or moved to his Attack Potency if you can give a justification for Hank scaling to Scott.
I'm using it to show how the Strength Axis can grant Herald level strength on it's own, which supports the Strength Axis + Size Axis being a Herald level combination
Hercules doesn’t have a 5-B statistic anymore, and since he’s confirmed to be stronger than Hank, this isn’t a great justification and should be removed.
3-C Giant Man? Anyways, we don't have the 5-B tiering on their profiles but don't we still use them for 5-B scaling wise?
Throwing someone isn’t a good AP justification unless you harm them, and Hulk’s statement doesn’t imply that he thinks Hank is a challenge, just that he wants to see what Namor can do. I would change this to “Although noticably weaker, he has briefly restrained Namor”.
So more LS than AP?
Hank doesn’t say his ability is equal to Vision’s, he says that it’s “somewhat compensatory”, meaning that it can somewhat counter Vision’s density manipulation, not that they’re dead even.
So something like "size manipulation could match Vision's density manipulation"
This needs a justification for why they should be comparable to the Wasp’s blasts.
The pym particles is what allows Wasp to generate bioelectric blasts, so when Hank is using them in the same way it should be similar in power
It really doesn’t seem like he’s restraining Hulk here, just grabbing his arm before he starts going crazy, and Thor doesn’t have Stellar lifting strength (you’d also have to prove that Thor’s not holding back here in order to scale to him).
Thor has a Class Y rating and Hulk has a Stellar rating, so I went with Hulk's rating instead of Thor's. Hulk didn't want anything to do with them and was actively trying to leave, even attacking Jocasta in order to do so

Although I could replace it with "possibly Class Y" instead

3-C Giant Man? Anyways, we don't have the 5-B tiering on their profiles but don't we still use them for 5-B scaling wise?
Not anymore, no. They could be used as support for other 5-B feats, but even then, it’s not very good support.
So more LS than AP?
Yeah.
So something like "size manipulation could match Vision's density manipulation"
I don’t think it should be in his AP at all, especially since Vision isn’t even a 5-B, he’s Unknown.
The pym particles is what allows Wasp to generate bioelectric blasts, so when Hank is using them in the same way it should be similar in power
Having the same source doesn’t mean they‘re comparable in power though.
That actively disproves the notion that Hank was restraining him, because he straight up breaks free before he attacks Jocasta.
Although I could replace it with "possibly Class Y" instead
Again, you’d have to prove that Thor isn’t holding back to scale to him there, especially since Thor’s Class Y rating comes from a feat that he explicitly struggled to do while he’s definitely not struggling when Hank holds him back.

I don’t think it should be in his AP at all, especially since Vision isn’t even a 5-B, he’s Unknown.
Vision is supposed to be 5-B, but idk, in the explanation of Pym Particles, it states Vision's AP via density manipulation ≈ Wonder Man's durability, and Vision's density manip ≈ Hank's size manip, so Hank's size manip ≈ Wonder Man's AP
That actively disproves the notion that Hank was restraining him, because he straight up breaks free before he attacks Jocasta.
But that was only after US Agent tackled Hercules, allowing Hulk to punch Jocasta
Again, you’d have to prove that Thor isn’t holding back to scale to him there, especially since Thor’s Class Y rating comes from a feat that he explicitly struggled to do while he’s definitely not struggling when Hank holds him back.
Ok so what about just removing his higher LS scaling and merging those two feats into his Class G rating?

Vision is supposed to be 5-B, but idk, in the explanation of Pym Particles, it states Vision's AP via density manipulation ≈ Wonder Man's durability, and Vision's density manip ≈ Hank's size manip, so Hank's size manip ≈ Wonder Man's AP
That’s fine then, just change the wording to something like “His size manipulation could counter Vision’s density manipulation”.
But that was only after US Agent tackled Hercules, allowing Hulk to punch Jocasta
That would still go against the idea that Hank was restraining him though. If Hulk broke free as soon as Hercules wasn’t holding him, that would imply that Hercules was doing the majority of the work.
Ok so what about just removing his higher LS scaling and merging those two feats into his Class G rating?
You could leave the Thor feat and change it to “possibly far higher”, that should work.

I found this feat for Giant Man in Hulk Smash Avengers #1, Hank combined with Iron Man and Thor could restrain an enraged Hulk with "no power on Earth capable of breaking their combined grip", to the point Hulk could only escape by making Hank lose focus

Would this be good enough justification for Class Y / Stellar lifting strength? (or should it just be a supporting feat for his possibly far higher rating)

I found this feat for Giant Man in Hulk Smash Avengers #1, Hank combined with Iron Man and Thor could restrain an enraged Hulk with "no power on Earth capable of breaking their combined grip", to the point Hulk could only escape by making Hank lose focus

Would this be good enough justification for Class Y / Stellar lifting strength? (or should it just be a supporting feat for his possibly far higher rating)
Isn't the Hulk Smash Avengers a retell of Hulk encounters with the Avengers from their Original comics? If so it can't be used except the same statements was made in the said OG comic. It's like saying Hulk destroyed the Universe when he punched Onslaught | Hulk: Grand Design – Madness #1. Anyway, i don't disagree with using the statement either way.

wouldnt he be "up to immeasurable" at peak for moving in a space that's beyond time its self or is that not applicable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back