• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hammers and lightning! (Luigi vs Thor (Marvel Comics)) (Concluded)

hand restraints.. wat

taking away his power-ups does nothing, as Luigi has Bottomless Gloves

that'd also be assuming he'd be quick enough to pull that off before Luigi uses it, even ignoring Thor somehow even resorts to that right off the bat
These two
I can see the two duking it out for a time, with Thor using a mix of physical attacks and lightning strikes whilst holding a noticeable edge in CQC and Luigi trying to parry whatever Thor may throw at him and combining it with Zone Speed for easier dodge time

Luigi also wouldn't be as likely to use his Poltergust here, considering Thor is anything but a Ghost, however, I can see Luigi using it to benefit him in possible scenarios should the need arise

since Thor would probably view Luigi as someone of Earthly-roots, he'd be holding back against him, possibly giving Luigi enough time to cycle through his options and resort to power-ups, eventually coming across some of his invincibility ones to heavily damage, or even potentially one-shot, Thor

could be wrong tho, and that's why I'm not voting yet
I did give my reason, whatchu mean bro

I mean, that is basically how toon force works in a defensive cenario, It makes atacks do extreme less damage for funny effects

Like thor hitting luigi full force with his hammer only to Luigi only get squished like a panckake and unflating him self

Luigi also has a bunch of ways to one shoot thor, especially sinse he has unlimited power ups on his glove, and thor isn't helped by the fact most of his resistences are only "limited"

I will be voting luigi

I mean, that is basically how toon force works in a defensive cenario, It makes atacks do extreme less damage for funny effects

Like thor hitting luigi full force with his hammer only to Luigi only get squished like a panckake and unflating him self

Luigi also has a bunch of ways to one shoot thor, especially sinse he has unlimited power ups on his glove, and thor isn't helped by the fact most of his resistences are only "limited"

I will be voting luigi
this does not always happen and he can be hurt. even when this does happen he still takes damage from those attacks.

also what power ups can one shot thor here specifically?

The votes for Luigi are so vague. I mean, every massive advantage Thor has is pretty out of character, so that’s awkward, but nobody has explained why Luigi could win (much less hit the guy that is hilariously more skilled and (most the time) agile).

I personally think Luigi’s stronger moves actually screw him over here because Thor doesn’t need to overkill god blast. If he’s pushed enough he could use it to absolutely wreck Luigi, but in a way that just leaves him crumbled on the floor rather than straight dead (though maybe the reason Thor has managed to not just obliterate some people with god blast is due to the characters being hit are around god blast level, if that’s the case let me know).

If Luigi does anything that hits super hard but doesn’t instantly kill, Thor has a move that I know will absolutely floor Luigi.

So I’ll vote for Thor but barely. He’s vastly more skilled and agile (constant flight versus luigi needing to get something to fly) along with a more consistent one shot option. Versus Luigi often causing that one shot option because if he fails to instantly kill Thor but hits him ridiculously hard he’s getting god blasted.

The votes for Luigi are so vague. I mean, every massive advantage Thor has is pretty out of character, so that’s awkward, but nobody has explained why Luigi could win (much less hit the guy that is hilariously more skilled and (most the time) agile).

Not really, we clearly stated why he could win. Not to mention that Thor isn't so vastly above Luigi in skill that'd result in this being one-sided. Green man can hold his own

I personally think Luigi’s stronger moves actually screw him over here because Thor doesn’t need to overkill god blast. If he’s pushed enough he could use it to absolutely wreck Luigi, but in a way that just leaves him crumbled on the floor rather than straight dead (though maybe the reason Thor has managed to not just obliterate some people with god blast is due to the characters being hit are around god blast level, if that’s the case let me know).

How would Luigi’s better options screw him over here? Shit like the damn Super Star isn't gonna be dealing grievous damage, as it should be one-shotting Thor considering its consistent depictions in games

And the fact Thor is merely baseline, like Luigi

If Luigi does anything that hits super hard but doesn’t instantly kill, Thor has a move that I know will absolutely floor Luigi.

Explained above

So I’ll vote for Thor but barely. He’s vastly more skilled and agile (constant flight versus luigi needing to get something to fly) along with a more consistent one shot option. Versus Luigi often causing that one shot option because if he fails to instantly kill Thor but hits him ridiculously hard he’s getting god blasted.

Understandable, but flight ain't an issue for green man, if the hundreds of games he's faced those kinds of enemies are to go by

When has Thor been consistently shown to use God Blast in comparison to Luigi using power-ups in general. And it ain't like green man can't just resurrect and resort to some of his better options, since he's got OE

The super star and other power ups one shot fodder enemies. I don’t remember them one shoting bosses. Plus Thor has cartoonishly massive endurance so unless Luigi is like punching his head off or something, I don’t see the vague one shot the power star does just instantly killing Thor versus Luigi wrecking which ever part he hits (which would need to pretty much need to be the head or heart with a character like Thor).

I guess just saying god blast isn’t the right way to say it. But Thor also has sealing and his hammers enchantment (or whatever the no pick up rule thing is called in comics currently). I won’t see either in character normally, but if Luigi just repeatedly becomes invincible and does a crap ton of damage I don’t see why Thor won’t go for more drastic options.

Thor is absolutely going to notice Luigi is invincible before getting hit, his massive skill and agility advantage allow him to keep away and constantly hit Luigi.

Just facing flight doesn’t mean anything here. How can Luigi hit a guy that is out of his normal range, plus is massively more skilled, and is a better flier than 80% of the characters Luigi has fought. It all combines together to make it very unlikely Luigi can get an actual proper hit off to begin with.

Not really, we clearly stated why he could win. Not to mention that Thor isn't so vastly above Luigi in skill that'd result in this being one-sided. Green man can hold his own
Skill feats for luigi?
How would Luigi’s better options screw him over here? Shit like the damn Super Star isn't gonna be dealing grievous damage, as it should be one-shotting Thor considering its consistent depictions in games. And the fact Thor is merely baseline, like Luigi
Both scale to galaxy level. but one scales to the creation of galaxies while the other scales to destroying things unaffected by baseline galaxy level
Understandable, but flight ain't an issue for green man, if the hundreds of games he's faced those kinds of enemies are to go by
Thor should have better flight than most in the mario series.

Also is luigi really willing to use something that would just instantly kill another being? even then what exactly does he have that one shots specifically?

Actually, yeah just want to remind people. Luigi is equally against going for the kill as Thor is. Thor has better incap options that he would likely go for first. So saying Luigi one shots is super weird to say, because that’s as out of character as Thor god blasting.

I mean, luigi has dura neg options with the likes of golden flower, the likes of one shooting like super start, invencibility bell, invencibility leaf etc add to luigi alread 3-C ap, and beingh able to one shoot the likes of bowser also give It a amazing upscaling, power ups like double cherry would also make It really hard to just defeat luigi, luigi beingh able to slow down his perception of time for more precise atacks and dodges + him resisting eletricity also hurts thor(and their AP isn't so vastly diferent AS mentioned above)

Skill feats for luigi?
Literraly any game he appears on?
Both scale to galaxy level. but one scales to the creation of galaxies while the other scales to destroying things unaffected by baseline galaxy level
Mario verse massivaly upscale from the creation feats trough
Actually, yeah just want to remind people. Luigi is equally against going for the kill as Thor is. Thor has better incap options that he would likely go for first. So saying Luigi one shots is super weird to say, because that’s as out of character as Thor god blasting.
Say that for the poor goombas lol

You could equally say that to any random fodder creature Thor has murdered too. When it comes to people neither just instantly murder another person.

After reading a couple of Thor comics from this era and some old ones

Apart from leading with elements, Thor also leads with vortex to protect himself, seal or BFR his enemy, uses anti-force to attack or incapacitate his enemy, magnetism to remove his enemies from their weapons

As for things like invincibility, that will just annoy Thor enough if it not kill him, Thor realizes it and just throws his hammer to nullify the magical powers of it like the time he fought Jugg.

You could equally say that to any random fodder creature Thor has murdered too. When it comes to people neither just instantly murder another person.
You know the likes of goombas, koopas and other mario enemies aren't just "random fodder creatures" right? they all are threated to have the same level of awareness and civilization as the likes of toads, some even helping the bros during the RPG games

I was writing something but Oliver just made it pretty pointless. Sealing (/ other incap methods) seem to be actually decently in character so the talk about wether he would need to murder Luigi is now kinda pointless.

However, back to character stuff, Goombas are equally treated to be mindless beast as they are sapient citizens. When they are treated as normal people, I don’t see Mario just going up and murdering them.

Plus, against actual human people, Luigi has never shown to murder them. Thor has also murder many aliens and beast considered sapient, so those creatures aren’t a good reference for their character against straight humans.

Last edited:
I mean, luigi has dura neg options with the likes of golden flower.
Thor has transmutation resistance
Literraly any game he appears on?
Saying hes been in alot of games doesnt do anything. Phoenix Wright appears in many games to but that doesnt mean hes on thor's level (No mvc does not count). Thor has thousands of years combating a multitude of skilled creatures, martial artist, gods, monsters, aliens, armies. give me some skill feats that we can compare to thor.
Mario verse massivaly upscale from the creation feats trough
can you explain this?
Say that for the poor goombas lol
man...**** goombas.

Saying hes been in alot of games doesnt do anything. Phoenix Wright appears in many games to but that doesnt mean hes on thor's level (No mvc does not count). Thor has thousands of years combating a multitude of skilled creatures, martial artist, gods, monsters, aliens, armies. give me some skill feats that we can compare to thor.
Mario games are more focoused in combat them ace attorney... so not a good comparasson
can you explain this?
Lumas < Luigi /Mario < Bowser(in sheer ap) < Most bowser secondary forms < Luigi/Mario using super stars

ok but still. just saying he's in alot of games doesnt give me anything skill related to compare him to thor.
I'm not saying "he was in a lot a game so he is skilled" I sayid "you can basically look in any game he was in and you will see skill feats" and just to mention, voting thor thanks to power null

I'm not saying "he was in a lot a game so he is skilled" I sayid "you can basically look in any game he was in and you will see skill feats" and just to mention, voting thor thanks to power null
alright but give me some more insight onto why what is happening in those games is impressive because from what I have seen in mario games, a good amount of marvel characters horribly stomp the mario verse in terms of combat skill.

Since some stuff has been clarified, I revote for Thor but for different reasons. He actually has the ap advantage, he has superior mobility majority of the time, has better incap moves, can disable or resist plenty of Luigi’s harder hitting moves, has a better kill move if it really comes down to it, and has better skill and endurance.

I don’t see resistance on Luigi’s profile after reading through it 3 times (but I won’t be surprised if he did have it).

Back