• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ares (GoW) vs Thor (Marvel Comics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoW Ares vs Marvel Comics Thor

Base Peak Thor is used

Both are at 2-C

Thor is bloodlusted

Thor's God Blast is restricted

Speed is equal

Who wins?

Ares:

Thor:

Incon:

Last edited:
@Oliver_de_jesus Would you be able to whip up some wincons for Thor?

As far as I can see, Thor seems to have Soul Manip resistance that may be a bit too much for Ares to handle despite his hax having been upgraded to 4D in a recent GoW CRT, there's also the issue of Ares wielding souls granting him CM Type 3. Thor also doesn't seem to resist Power Null despite having it himself (Ares has power null and resists power null). Though most other powers Thor seems to resist decently. What is Thor gonna do about Ares BFR'ing him and sending a thousand of his clones stronger, smarter, faster, more acrobatic and more bloodlusted than him?

Thor resists the BFR and there are clues indicating that Hellfire (which Thor resists) would become power null instead of Stats reduction
Hmmmmmmm.

Yes, Thor mind resist it cuz Comic are that

although Ares Concept/Soul Hax needs to hit or is via thoughts?
Ares' Concept/Soul Hax was obtained by ripping Kratos of his Army of Hades summon ability. The souls themselves need to touch Thor. Power Null and Power Steal of Ares is by thought tho.

Power Null and Power Steal of Ares is by thought tho.
mmmm, Would Ares do this to Thor as first move or would he like to fight and save this in case he gets outmatched? I wonder cuz Thor could defeat Ares before he uses it
Ares' Concept/Soul Hax was obtained by ripping Kratos of his Army of Hades summon ability. The souls themselves need to touch Thor
Well Thor could destroy from a distance so no problem i think

mmmm, Would Ares do this to Thor as first move or would he like to fight and save this in case he gets outmatched? I wonder cuz Thor could defeat Ares before he uses it
For normal foes Ares starts right off the bat with Telekinesis hax and breaks everyone in half without giving it a second thought.

Well Thor could destroy from a distance so no problem i think
Wonder how he'd react to the CM Type 3 they wield.

For normal foes Ares starts right off the bat with Telekinesis hax and breaks everyone in half without giving it a second thought.
That is a problem, due Ares' immesurable LS
Wonder how he'd react to the CM Type 3 they wield.
Didn't you say that they needs to attack Thor first? Thor would finish 6/10 of his battles against no living humans armies with damanku and flight if they sre fodder

That is a problem, due Ares' immesurable LS
Hmmmmm. I suppose Thor trying to overcome that LS isn't an option unless he wants to kill himself by overexertion.

Didn't you say that they needs to attack Thor first? Thor would finish 6/10 of his battles against no living humans armies with damanku and flight if they sre fodder
Yeah, but would he be able to get rid of all of them without making contact? Since they siphon off power just by touching you.

Standard tactic for Ares is breaking his opponent's spirit , will and mind. Because that's what truly defeats an opponent.

So harrassment of opponents is what Ares goes for, mind hax, power null, curses etc.

Yeah, but would he be able to get rid of all of them without making contact? Since they siphon off power just by touching you.
Yep, a example

Standard tactic for Ares is breaking his opponent's spirit , will and mind. Because that's what truly defeats an opponent.

So harrassment of opponents is what Ares goes for, mind hax, power null, curses etc.
I don't know why but this description sounds more like a martial combat instead of haxstomp hahaha

Anyway, i think Poseidón is a Better matchups for Thor

I think Ares wins this honestly.

He'd ragdoll Thor in arm clashes and Telekinesis given the LS gap.

While Thor has his own rage amps like warrior's madness, Ares just grows massively stronger, faster, and even more skilled over the course of battle, and has plenty of other stat amps.

His flames can neg Thor's Regen.

I think we forget that he stole all Kratos powers, so he's plenty of other options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back