• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hacking and Mind Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
The NieR: Automata pages give resistances to mind manipulation due to resistance to hacking (See here and here)
I think we should disallow this in general as otherwise every character who has Hacking technically has Mind Manipulation as well due to robot/AI characters

So we should edit the Mind Manipulation page to say that Hacking does not count for it

I'm shocked this was even allowed in the first place. Fix away, I think even Bob's first note was probably good enough to prove our point. The new one is also, of course, fine.

I don't mean to the hacking/mind manip stuff. But aftwards I assume the nier pages will have to be updated. I'm saying I'll deal with it along with my other pushes. Anything else that needs to be updated as a result, feel free.

Oh, thanks for fixing that Ant, English isn't my primary language after all.

That said, I think the stuff is fine as it is, treading back just because a given series would fall behind is just even more counterproductive over just updating accordingly, in fact that's the intent of the note, to point out this practice is inappropiate and should be fixed in cases that'd apply.

I agree but with some caveats. Basically, there should be a note like this.:

"Hacking should not qualify for mind manipulation unless it is explicitly shown that hacking affects the mind of the afflicted."

That's the thing, Tll. It being hacking should not be an automatic disqualifier for Mind Manip. Come on, I know next to nothing about Nier, but I'm pretty sure none of the YorHas are straight-up robots like R2-D2.

That's the thing, Tll. It being hacking should not be an automatic disqualifier for Mind Manip. Come on, I know next to nothing about Nier, but I'm pretty sure none of the YorHas are straight-up robots like R2-D2.
Yes it should
If you can be hacked that means you just have a weakness to it, not that the hacker has mind control

They are in fact robots though? Like R2-D2.

Something something robots can be very human-like in appearance yet still be robots by technicality, the line to draw here would be of what they're made of in the first place, but by default they don't have organics.

Something something robots can be very human-like in appearance yet still be robots by technicality, the line to draw here would be of what they're made of in the first place, but by default they don't have organics.
So what we going to do with the case like a character originally being human, later their body was converted into robot, like Cyborg case??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back