• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guy one shots a 55 Megaton character and upscales to 7-A... WHAT!?!

What the hell is happening with Re: Zero powerscaling?

From the verse page, ahem.

"Puck in his true form is City level+ for causing a blizzard merely by existing. Sekhmet is the same tier for being superior to him by WoG, while Reinhard—and those who scale to him—is nominally Mountain level for being able to casually one-shot him. Reid, Reinhard and Satella are FTL."

So, one shotting a >>55.6 Megatons character made him a 100 Megaton character.

NO? I hope this isn't applying the 7.5x one shot multiplier on the verse, it's a real life equation that has no bearings on fictional stories. No, I KNOW it's not that, we're not that stupid.

So, it's upscaling.

55.6 is 1.8x away from 100. IT'S BASICALLY A 2x MULTIPLIER WE'RE GIVEN BASED ON nothing.

Reinhard, and those who scale to him should be downgraded to City level+, above 55.6 Megatons.

I know nothing about the verse, but yeah that upscaling is dumb

OP makes sense, I agree

How about ya ask the most knowledgable person about Re-zero Celestial Pegasus then?
?
Nah, if there's proper reasoning for it to be like that, it should be noted in the profile or in the verse page.
Both just says "One shots 7-B, therefore 7-A", which is objectively incorrect information.

I will call them here, sure.

Unless something points out to his durability being like, 80% higher than his AP or something, i agree that this is stupid

Reinhard is stronger than people who are city level+, bordeline baseline 7-A.

And as he was able to one shot Puck Who is 7-B+, very close to 7-A, we decided to give him the 7-A rating which is baseline iirc.

Reinhard is stronger than people who are city level+, bordeline baseline 7-A.

And as he was able to one shot Puck Who is 7-B+, very close to 7-A, we decided to give him the 7-A rating which is baseline iirc.
Puck is 55 Megatons, even if Reinhard effortlessly one shotted him, it still wouldn't grant 7A.

Yeah, 55.3 megatons is way too far to upscale. The 7-As should be downgraded to At least 7-B+.

Sounds like a good feat to calc, but like, if it was already calculated, evaluated and around 7-A, he wouldn't be 7-B+ rn

i agree with downgrade.
but if this proposal were to be declined, can we apply this logic to my verse? :troll:
unknown.png

Here. You go, Riki. It is in anime form! Don't have any other references for it - not even manga cuz Re:Zero is a LN series! Although the cloud feat is probs bigger cuz I vaguely remember that Puck's blizzard was affecting the entirety of a kingdom called Lugnica (and he claims that he can destroy the world - albeit it is probs of making everything an ice age than actually destroying the world) and Reinhard dispelled all of it and revived the land with a single attack.

Although, Re: Zero World isn't spherical like earth, and more... Flat Earth-ish, canonically, if that makes sense, so Puck's feat is weaker than would be if it was on a Spherical Planet like Earth... I think.

Hmm... Now that I think about it... There is an "official" world map of Re: Zero that might help in calculating Puck's Feat and how it affects god tiers in Re: Zero like Reinhard. Should mention that the word official is debatable since it comes from a browser game, but I at least want to acknowledge the fact that it exists.

Should mention that the Re: Zero Light Novels have yet to give us an official map of either Re: Zero World itself or Lugnica in which a major setting of the verse, they have only been given by the games... which I think Tappei, writer of Re: Zero, worked alongside with, so it has some backing to it.

Ayo, I just want it to make sense, you know?
The upscaling is not proper at all, so unless we find a good reason for him to be 7-A, we will have to downscale him.

Agree that this sort of upscaling doesn't make sense. Unless there's a calculation ready, they should go down to City level+.

It should just be "At least 7-B+", yes.

Unless something in verse indicates a one shot is a 2x multiplier or something akin to that (even something as simple as DBZ's needing double the ki to no sell attacks or to stomp),then yeah no, they should just be At least 7-B+.

Hmm... Have forgotten to say this earlier, but... Welp, I agree with this CRT. And unless Reinhard's cloud feat can reasonably be pushed to 7-A, he and the characters that scale to him should be in 7-B+

Back