• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How Strong and Fast does a character need to be in order for "one shots" and "blitzing"?

How strong does a character exactly need to be for a one shot? In a thread I saw, having around a 6x Attack Potency advantage would be enough for a one shot. Does this apply for every single tier? What if a character's durability upscales enough for the opponent to only be 5x stronger? Would that still be a one shot, or would it injure the weaker character so much that it basically doesn't matter?

How much faster does a character need to be in order to "blitz" another character too? Is it 6x faster for every single speed tier?

How strong does a character exactly need to be for a one shot? In a thread I saw, having around a 6x Attack Potency advantage would be enough for a one shot.
It would be more useful if you click on the link and read the rest. I didn't quote the whole thing because it is a bit long.

What if a character's durability upscales enough for the opponent to only be 5x stronger? Would that still be a one shot, or would it injure the weaker character so much that it basically doesn't matter?
Well, even if it's not one-shot, it will cause significant damage to the opponent, I guess.

How much faster does a character need to be in order to "blitz" another character too? Is it 6x faster for every single speed tier?
I'm not sure, but I think it was assumed to be a minimum of 2x

It depends on verse-by-verse, but in a VS Matchup, the AP one-shot gap is assumed to be around 5x.

Blitzes are a bit harder to gauge. It depends on multiple factors, like time of day, surroundings, lighting, distance between the two opponents, so on and so forth.

Back