• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator

Natsuki Subaru

Limited Regeneration (Low-Mid)

Due to Capella's curse which she forced on Subaru, basically wherever that curse is, in this case his leg, it will heal itself even if cut off
“I was floating in the water…? Why? That doesn’t make any sense…”

He thought back to the last thing he could remember: Subaru had been on the top floor of the city hall building. He had been defeated by a dreadful monster, the Archbishop of Lust.

Capella had used Lust’s Authority to freely transform herself into a beastly form, and unable to withstand her fierce barrage of attacks, Subaru’s right leg had come free. After losing a lot of blood, he had been writhing in pain…

“But I’ve still got my leg. It’s still connected. The bandage is coming undone, but… Ugh?!”

The wrap around his badly wounded leg had gotten filthy from being drenched in blood and fetid water. But as he removed it to check his leg, he shouted in disgust at what lay beneath.

“Wh-what happened?! Ugh?! Wh-wh-wh-what is that?!”

“”

Drawn by Subaru’s response, Liliana came closer out of curiosity and immediately turned pale. Beside her, Priscilla peered down, eyes filled with revulsion.

All three of them were looking at Subaru’s right leg, which should have been torn off during the fighting with Capella. But despite his remembering differently, it was still attached—and covered by hideous black flesh.
He felt no pain in his foot.

Caught up in the shock of seeing the condition of his limb, he rolled up the leg of his pants, revealing the full extent of the black, wriggling, vein-like protrusions extending up from his foot. A cautious touch confirmed the leg had some give to it, similar to that of normal human flesh. Ignoring its appearance, he could even call it fully healed.

“To be clear, your limbs were all attached when we found you. That hideous leg has nothing to do with us. And judging from the look on your face, it’s clear you weren’t born this way.”

“…Thanks for catching me up while I was dealing with the shock of finding this nasty stuff that someone embroidered on my leg without my permission… There’s no way this is the result of healing magic, right?”-Volume 18, Chapter 1

Absorption

Subaru absorbed the curse that was affecting Crusch

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry…”

For doubting her, for her having to suffer like that, for being unable to do anything to relieve her pain: It all melded together into one great ball of remorse. He instinctively reached out, taking Crusch’s limp hand. Her hand was covered by the mottled blackness. It looked distorted and was slick to the touch, which only emphasized the terrible state she was in. But—

“Gh, ahh?!”

For a moment, an intense pain coursed through his veins, like he had grabbed a red-hot iron. Pain shot through his hand, and he reflexively let go of Crusch’s hand and looked at his own.

—His hand, which should have been normal, now had the same black pattern.

“Let me see your hand!”

Ferris took his hand, examining it as he stared in shock. The light of healing magic enveloped the dark veins, but there was no trace of pain nor sign of the black affliction fading.

But Subaru realized what had happened instead.

“Ferris! Crusch’s hand!”

“What…?”

Spinning around, Ferris widened his yellow eyes. The reason for his shock was Crusch’s right hand, the one that Subaru had held. The swollen blackness on her right hand had faded ever so slightly.

“Did it shift to my body from hers…?”

There didn’t seem to be any other way to explain the way their bodies had reacted. The stark difference in what their hands looked like now was proof.

The curse afflicting Crusch’s body had shifted to Subaru.-Volume 18, Chapter 4

Priscilla

Weapon Mastery

Priscilla's swordsmanship is on the same level as Crusch who is an expert swordsman

“Wh…?”

Priscilla looked smug as her majestic declaration caught Subaru entirely off guard. He was well and truly taken aback by her plan. Anastasia nodded when she saw the shock on his face.

“See? She’s been like that the whole time. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do about it.”

“We have to stop her, obviously…is what I’d like to say, but…”

Ordinarily, her suggestion would be unbelievably rash, but when he thought it through coolheadedly, there was a certain merit to her plan, too.

Crusch had joined the attack on city hall earlier, so he could not reject Priscilla’s suggestion just because she was a royal-selection candidate. And there was no way to argue that she was lacking in strength. At the very least, she was powerful enough to easily slay the ferocious demi-beasts roaming the city. She did not pale in comparison to Crusch in her swordsmanship, either. As an amateur who had observed dozens of experts, that was how Subaru rated her strength.-Volume 18, Chapter 4

Regulus

Aura

His presence causes intense fear

As usual, he talked a dizzying amount. As far as Emilia could follow, the basic content of what he was saying was entirely reasonable, but for some reason, she could not help but hesitate a bit before nodding along.

But one thing she could say for sure was that he was unmistakably one of the Witch Cult Archbishops. It was clear enough from the broadcast and what #184 had said, and understanding that and then actually standing across from him again in person, it was impossible to ignore the bizarre presence he had.

Her instincts were screaming out in her head. They were telling her that an immense threat to her life was standing there before her. And that reality caused her soul—as it would cause any person’s—to cower and want to plead for mercy. That was why he felt so abnormal.-Volume 18, Chapter 3

Kilometers Range

Regulus could attack Sirius who was in a tower on the other side of the city

“You are aware, are you not, that I can see your tower quite clearly just across the city from here?” Regulus said, suddenly throwing the window open.

Just beneath the window, Emilia stifled a shout at the sudden movement. She held her breath, praying that he would not notice her below as she focused on what he was saying. Fortunately, he seemed oblivious to her presence and continued speaking from his vantage point like nothing was out of the ordinary.

“It isn’t even so far away that I can’t see it. It would be a simple matter for me to blow your tower away from here if I so desired it. A word of caution: Do not assume that you and I are equals. You’d best treat this with the imperative of an order… What?”-Volume 18, Chapter 3

These towers are in the 4 directions of the city, connected to the city's wall

“Are…are you sure?”

“Didn’t you say so yourself, Bro? It’s all about that trust, man. This is embarrassin’, so make sure you don’t tell the princess I said that.”

Subaru made a face when Al took his words and turned them around on him. Subaru’s reservations aside, both of them understood the thought process behind the other’s decision.

“All right, sorry for making you bear with me while I took time to figure things out. Let’s get to the topic at hand. Since we’re in the Witch Cult Disaster Response HQ, tell me—what’s the plan?”

“First, we’re waiting for word from the unit we dispatched. However, the very fact that the Witch Cult broadcast originated from the government office’s metia means…”

“There is no mistaking that the city’s four control towers have been seized.”

As she said that, Crusch stood by a window and gestured outside with her hand. Following where her fingers pointed, if Subaru squinted, he could make out a stonework tower connected to the city’s exterior wall—that must have been one of the control towers.

These structures were administration facilities that regulated the amount of water as well as the flow rate of the city’s always-running waterways. They occupied the cardinal directions, with one each in the north, south, east, and west. Only one of them was visible from the conference room, but—

“—What’s that flag I see up top?”-Volume 18, Chapter 3

There are also other stuff like Regulus destroying Gusteko, a city in the past, and later on in the WN translated content, after being kicked in the air by Reinhard, he was gonna destroy destroy the city, not caring for his allies, but i think what i posted above is enough without digging for all that other info.

Volcanica

Holy Manipulation

Literally called the Holy Dragon, but besides that it's blood: grants abundance to lands withered and barren, rejuvenates all destruction that has been wrought, heals the most incurable illnesses in an instant, and becomes a light to wash away indelible despair

Right before he had passed out, while he was writhing in pain from coming into contact with her blood, she had claimed that dragon blood flowed in her veins. Whether that was metaphorical or just a straight-up fabrication, it might be a good clue worth following up.

“Dragon blood… That’s one of the three great treasures left to the royal family of Lugunica by the Holy Dragon.”

“I dunno any details, just that something like that exists…” Subaru furrowed his brow.

“—It grants abundance to lands withered and barren, rejuvenates all destruction that has been wrought, heals the most incurable illnesses in an instant, and becomes a light to wash away indelible despair. Those are the properties of the blood of the great and Holy Dragon.”

“”

A lyrical response reached Subaru’s eardrums. There was a mysterious look on Liliana’s face as she plucked her lyulyre and softly sang. Acknowledging Subaru’s gaze, she bowed solemnly.

“It’s a verse from the fellowship of the Holy Dragon Volcanica as passed down in the Kingdom of Lugunica. The great treasures bequeathed to the kingdom were the dragon’s blood, the Dragon Tablet, and the Covenant.”-Volume 18, Chapter 1

Ap Downgrade For God Tiers​

Currently the god tiers ie Reinhard, Reid, Satella, scale above Puck creating a blizzard, the issue? The accepted calc for blizzard creation comes out to 13 Megatons, contrasted to the 55 Megatons, that's on the profiles.

So the god tiers should drop from Mountain level to City level. This also affects Emilia with her awakened power, since it's another blizzard feat.

Btw, Felt also has a 7-A Rating due to having an attack that is superior to Base! Reinhard... So that should be affected by the God Tier Downgard as well and be placed at City Level.

Last edited:
I’m not advocating for it, but I keep hearing that Reinhardt is planet level for destroying and recreating the world in his fight against Puck. What’s the reason we don’t use this feat? I’m assuming that the feat is not legit.

I’m not advocating for it, but I keep hearing that Reinhardt is planet level for destroying and recreating the world in his fight against Puck. What’s the reason we don’t use this feat? I’m assuming that the feat is not legit.
Too vague, honestly. That, and the Re: Zero World is a Flat Earth and we don't know the dimensions and true size of it besides knowing that it takes two weeks to travel from the Roswaal mansion to Pristella and a month to travel to the Subaru (heh) Tower from the Roswaal Mansion, mind you, these travels are undertaken by mounts which travel 60 mph/100kph. There is also the fact there isn't an official Re:Zero map from the verse 'sides one that featured in a questionably secondary canon game that has Tappei behind its writing to an unknown degree, or so Fanta assumes.

I suppose if Reinhardt actually did that, measuring the AP wouldn’t be feasible at the moment for the lack of dimensions. I’m just more curious about whether he actually did it. I read that part by itself and it also seemed vague to me. It could have been literal or figurative, granted since I haven’t actually read any of the Light Novels I can’t argue it one way or another.

It's hyperbolic/vague.

First we get this:

“—Behold the unknowable present.”

The atmosphere was dyed white. The world was ruled by such cold it seemed as if the very nighttime sky might freeze.

As the wind blew, frozen trees cracked and broke apart, returning to dust as the mana required for maintaining the forest’s existence was sucked from it.

The trees, the buildings, the living creatures, the world itself were slowly vanishing into that white end.

“”

The next scene Subaru laid eyes upon was the end of the world itself.

Enveloped by cold, compassionate destruction, the world progressively sank toward its end as if falling asleep.-Volume 12, Chapter

Here it's talking about the world being frozen.

Here Reinhard "recreates" the world:

“”

“You are a hero, Reinhard. —And a hero is all you can be.”

It was only in those words, at the very, very end, that there was pure malice disconnected from anger or regrets.

The next instant, Reinhard raised the Dragon Blade above his head, and there was a single flash of light—the sky split, cracks running through the very air; the ground crumbled; mana swirled in a vortex; and along the arc of his slash, the world…slid.

“—”

The moment after that cascading slash settled down, the white, cold air covering the world…recovered.

The slide in the world was repaired, the parts that had become a swirling vortex of mana reverted to their proper forms, flowers budded forth from the shattered ground, and peace spread through the cracked air. From the sky, dazzling sunrays poured down.

The slash of the Sword Saint had both ended the world and simultaneously brought about its re-creation—

And the enormous beast that had been bathed in that slash had been annihilated from the world without a trace. There were not even side effects of destruction to be seen; that a battle had even taken place seemed like nothing but a dream.-Volume 12, Chapter 5

Then after all this Reinhard says

—With a rasping sound, Reinhard sheathed the Dragon Sword within its white scabbard once more.

As the passing breeze rustled through his red hair, Reinhard narrowed his eyes at the sunlight and lifted his face to the sky. His lips faintly stiffened, and as he exhaled, he whispered too faintly for any to hear—

“—Lady Felt shall surely…be sad.”

The Sword Saint closed his eyes with a final whisper.-Volume 12, Chapter 5

If the entire world was already frozen, why would Reinhard mention Felt? She would be dead, it's a plot point that Reinhard can protect no one but himself, so it throws this entire thing into question.

Also if we wanna use the IF routes, despite Puck's rampage, nothing ever happened when Subaru and Rem fled to Kararagi, meaning Puck's destruction never extended beyond Lugnica.

At best, what Rein did wouldn't belong to him but to him when utilizing Dragon Sword Reid... This would raise weird implications that Theresia would be able to perform the same feat under the same conditions, and we know that she is way beyond Reinhard in terms of being a Sword Saint. Reid, Satella, and Volcanina would also scale to the Dragon Sword but only in a Possibly Capacity and nothing else until they show actual feats or a SS happens which showcases what the hell happened 400 years ago.

Well it’s pretty clear that the world hadn’t been fully frozen yet, just in progress so Reinhardt stepped in. Which means Felt never died.

Now the whole destroying and recreating the world part is still super vague.

@FantaRin_The_First Yea, the god tiers as i have been saying for years are vague, we need to know what exactly went down 400 years ago, like WTF is going on with world, was the world 2x as big as before but Satella swallowed it? Did Satella even actually swallowed the world, or is history being manipulated? What even is the Dragon Sword? Who is the "anonymous swordsmith" who made it? What criteria does it have for someone being worthy? Does it amp all the stats of it's user? Etc. etc.

There is too much we don't know.

... oh, I also just remembered that the anime had a cloud-splitting feat. Here is the video of the aforementioned feat, I know the WN and LN mentioned a detail about Rein splitting clouds when he one-hit Puck with Dragon Sword Reid, so this might be helpful since we literally have no other visual medium at the moment which features cloud-splitting.

So wait would the freezing revision effect storm feats? If not I would think Puck and Emilia's blizzard feats should be fine

Can provide an answer! ... Nobody thought of doing it in the past, and it is probably only a recent thing that this idea of calcing Reinhard's feat came out....

Off-topic idea, but why has patrasche's travel speed not been added to Subaru's speed rating since she is a part of his standard equipment. Y'know, what... Speaking of Subaru's speed, shouldn't the whip itself be transonic and the whip's tip be supersonic?

̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶P̶e̶g̶a̶s̶u̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶!̶!̶!̶

Celestial, why don't we calc the feat of Reinhard dispersing the clouds with the energy of his sword??
Cause i am garbage at calcs, if somebody else can do it, would be great, but stuff I request rarely ever gets calc, hence why I struggle and try and work something out myself.
Can provide an answer! ... Nobody thought of doing it in the past, and it is probably only a recent thing that this idea of calcing Reinhard's feat came out....

Off-topic idea, but why has patrasche's travel speed not been added to Subaru's speed rating since she is a part of his standard equipment. Y'know, what... Speaking of Subaru's speed, shouldn't the whip itself be transonic and the whip's tip be supersonic?
Patrasche speed should be added yes. Why? Is an ordinary whip transonic and it's tip supersonic? Cause I don't remember any differienciations being made about Subaru whip.

Last edited:
Cause i am garbage at calcs, if somebody else can do it, would be great, but stuff I request rarely ever gets calc, hence why I struggle and try and work something out myself.
The feat could lead us to something way higher than just 7-A, probably High 7-A or 6-C.

Patrasche speed should be added yes. Why? Is an ordinary whip transonic and it's tip supersonic? Cause I don't remember any differienciations being made about Subaru whip.
Subaru's whip is just a normal whip that's more durable because of it's material, right?
Ye, to both of your questions. I'm pretty sure the tip itself is what makes the sonic boom which is what makes a whip supersonic. Here I found this, which is what led to my claims. Also, eyeball'd Geuse's page and it stated that he has subsonic attack speed due to keeping up with Patrasche, so she should be subsonic as a result.

The feat could lead us to something way higher than just 7-A, probably High 7-A or 6-C.
... Do you know how to calc it? I only deal with helping with lore stuff, and nothing else. I can't do math for shit,

@FantaRin_The_First If somebody would actually calc it, would be cool, but that's the problem isn't it.

@Livinmeme Been hearing about that freezing revision for like a year now, nothing seems to be happening, and if it does can't even imagine the work that's gonna be need to adjust things...
Basically first people debunk it, then a guy with actual argument showed up, they closed the thread because there was going to be a another thread to deal with the ice problem..... it never came (it been one year basically lel) so it was assumed that it was made for stalling the argument and hoping that people will forget it

So if nothing came out of the thread, well... It doesn't apply. Plus, I don't think anybody wants to do it since that thread might overhaul tens to hundreds of characters in the wiki, and lead to countless CRTs that won't go anywhere. I can see the logic of the thread, I will upfront say to you that if I were a mod here, I would avoid that thread like the plague and hope it goes away for good.

So if nothing came out of the thread, well... It doesn't apply. Plus, I don't think anybody wants to do it since that thread might overhaul tens to hundreds of characters in the wiki, and lead to countless CRTs that won't go anywhere. I can see the logic of the thread, I will upfront say to you that if I were a mod here, I would avoid that thread like the plague and hope it goes away for good.
Step 1. Find every character that scales to ice things
Step 2. Change the tier to another
Step 3. ???'

Also that was tackled as just trying to ignore the problem so meh

So this kinda derailed into stuff not part of the op, lets put that aside for now, and focus on the op.

For now, 3 or 4 people? Agree with the op.

I agree with basically all of them, though I was waiting for more discussion on Reinhard's AP downgrade. With the dragon sword, he's supposed to be OP. Then again ig we see like zero feats besides the funny cloud dispersion and Puck one shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back