• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gray Fullbuster Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things that Gray is missing, and need for a few justifications, as well as a revision for his powers and abilities section.

Added Powers
limited Death Manipulation with iced shell: Iced Shell is capable of killing its target and destroying their body, as shown when Ur did it to Deliora. Rejected

Creation: Ice-Make's entire thing is that it creates constructs from ice, as opposed to "pure" ice magic which simply freezes things.

Weapon Creation: Should be obvious.

Heat Manipulation: Ice-Make: Freeze... well, freezes enemies, and is notably different from just encasing them in ice.

Forcefield Creation: Via Ice-Make Wall and Ice-Make Shield, which are both used to defend against attacks.

Duplication: Via Ice-Make Clone.

Stealth Mastery: Ice-Make Thieving Hand.

Non-Physical Interaction: Scaling from Silver, who was able to freeze fire.

Resistance to Ice Manipulation and Heat Manipulation as a Devil Slayer. He was able to break out of Invel's freezing, which works on people already Resistant to ice.

Things that need Justification
Extrasensory Perception

Soul Manipulation

Durability Negation.
From what I can tell in the series, it should be switched to Damage Boost.

Fire Manipulation. I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be a resistance, but the page's formatting is so bad I can't tell.

Curse Resistances
Gray resists a lot of stuff thanks to his resistance to curses, so I think we should list the things that do get resisted (Obviously only the offensive ones).

• Curse Manipulation, obviously.
  • Sense Manipulation, Pain Manipulation: From Kyoka.
  • Poison Manipulation: From Torafuzar.
  • Soul Manipulation, Absorption: From Franmalth.
  • Weather Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Earth Manipulation: From Tempester.
  • Death Manipulation: From Bloodman's second seal.
  • Plant Manipulation, Existence Erasure: From Mard Geer. Resistance to EE is already on his profile.
  • Necromancy: From Keyes.
  • Body Puppetry: From Seilah.
  • Magic Nullification: All demons are capable of this.
Page Reformatting
After that, Gray's powers and abilities page is kind of all over the place, and he should have a separate tabber for his devil slayer abilities. I propose the following changes (Assuming that the above changes are accepted):

Base: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses (Smell, hearing, and reflexes), Extrasensory Perception, Weapon Mastery, Stealth Mastery, Extrasensory Perception, Magic, Ice Manipulation (Proficient in Ice and Ice-make magic), Creation (Ice-make is used to create constructs made of ice), Weapon Creation (Can form weapons with Ice-make magic), Danmaku (Via Ice-Make Unlimited: One Sided Chaotic Dance and Ice Make: Arrows), Heat Manipulation (Via Ice-make: Freeze), Forcefield Creation (Via Ice-Make: Rampart and Ice-Make: Shield), Duplication (Via Ice-Make: Clone), Sealing, Shapeshifting (Iced Shell turns the user's body into ice to seal away the target), limited Memory Manipulation with Lost Iced Shell (Lost Iced Shell removes Gray's existence from the memories of everyone who knew him), Resistance to Cold Temperatures

Devil Slayer: Same as before, but enhanced. Gains Damage Boost (Devil Slayer magic enhances damage against demons), Soul Manipulation (Devil Slayer magic can affect souls), Non-Physical Interaction (Scaling from Silver, who could freeze magical flame), Absorption (Can consume ice to replenish his magic reserves), Resistance to Ice Manipulation, Heat Manipulation (Devil slayers are immune to their own element, and Gray was capable of breaking out of Invel's freezing), Curses, including Sense Manipulation, Pain Manipulation, Necromancy, Body Puppetry, Soul Absorption, Poison Manipulation, Magic Nullification, Weather Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation (Of the Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Electricity varieties), Plant Manipulation, and Existence Erasure (Devil slayers are resistant to demonic curses, even ultimate curses such as Memento Mori)

Gray isn't resistant to all of the Nine Demon Gates Abilities, that was never shown or said

Also, it's durability negation not damage boost, the attacks aren't stronger, they're just bypassing a demon's durability

No to non-physical interaction and stealth mastery, he has no feats of that, freezing fire doesn't really qualify, everything else should be fine

>Death Manipulation

The whole point of not letting Lyon unfreeze Deliora was because it'd be free, meaning that the Iced Shell doesn't kill. Same with Zeref (he's immortal but still).

Creation is pointless. Ice Manipulation covers both applications.

Weapon Creation is fine.

Heat Manipulation: I guess this is fine? I see this as Ice Manipulation as a result.

Forcefields and Duplication are fine.

You have to be more specific about Thieving Hand for I don't understand why it'd be Stealth Mastery.

Freezing fire isn't necessarily NPI when said Fire is Atlas Flame, which is inconsistent regarding his supposed intangibility.

He already has Resistance to Ice.

I agree with those things that need justifications.

The Curse Resistances are okay. Although I don't understand the Magic Nullification part. Where does this come from?

Once again, Gray doesn't resist the Nine Demon Gates abilities, that is never shown or said

Well, one would expect such a thing from a fatal freeze.

Deliora, as other demons, is only longeve immortal, not truly immortal. If you Freeze someone it will die, but that doesn't prove Death Manipulation.

Alright. Death manipulation can go then, though it should be mentioned on Gray's page that Iced Shell kills its target.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Once again, Gray doesn't resist the Nine Demon Gates abilities, that is never shown or said
Devil Slayers are resistant to curses. It's why Gray was able to survive Memento Mori, a curse that's far higher in potency than the other demon gates.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Yes, Gray is resistant to Curse Manipulation, that's all that needs to be said
Yes. Like the NDG's curses.

Also, Dura negation needs scans to justify it being actual durability negation and not just being super-effective against demons.

No it can't. Are you paying attention?

Deliora could have died after years of being encased in ice. We don't know shit about it.

Death manip should probably be changed to life absorption as Lyon stated Iced shell was stealing Deliora's life over the course of however long Deliora was encased for.

It is super effective against demons, but that's because it bypasses their defenses and does more damage to them, not because the actual attack is higher in AP, Gray's attacks aren't more powerful in terms of raw power against a demon

I'm fine with the curse resistances as long as it's mentioned to only be for the curse equivalent of said abilities.

I also agree with the Resistance of the Curses

does every dragon and demon ignore the durability of his species? because if it really is, it should be added to Natsu E.N.D. and Mirajane too

I say we make it say resistance to curses and then in parenthesies we say all the types of curses and abilities he resists to clarify

I don't see how that's soul manipulation.

The Atlas flame was a physical fire that held a sliver of Atlas soul. Freezing the flame holding the soul wouldn't be soul manipulation.

That would be like saying that Gray freezing Natsu is soul manipulation since Natsu' body holds his soul.

Yeah, and after Atlas does this the fire still remains while the sliver of his soul that was in the fire disappears.

His soul was lingering in the fire and Silver used Devil Slayer Magic to freeze that fire which is why Atlas' soul was trapped, since it was in that fire.

But Atlas Flame is literally made of Fire so that fire we see is just his corpse. Wendy states that Atlas, or the manifestation of his soul, had trouble remembering because Silver froze and thus damaged Atlas's soul, not because his soul was trapped.

It wouldn't be NPI because he is directly damaging his soul, albeit wasn't fatal.

Should be NPI regardless as Atlas has a logia body. Also I guess Gray and Silver get limited af memory manip for damaging Atlas' memories.

Atlas has some pretty inconsistent intangiblilty, there are times where he's attacked and stays solid despite being made of fire. Definitely a no go for soul manipulation but I'd be contempt with limited non physical interaction but freezing fire doesn't quite sound like that to me.

People who hit him are Natsu (no need to explain), Motherglare and I believe Makarov but Atlas was trying to hit them at the same time while any range attacks went right through iirc. Gonna go reread the scenes rn to make sure.

Well my take when it comes to intangibility is that if the intangible character tries attacking, they in that moment either become physical or the characters opposing him have NPI in order to make contact.

I don't see the issue with Soul manip. as it's pretty simple logic.

Wendy uses milky way to interact with Dragon Souls.

She could interact with Zirconis's soul just fine.

Wendy says Atlas's soul is weaker due being frozen by the Ice and thus had a harder time interacting with him.

Therefore Silver must have damaged Atlas's soul.

The only thing I think we should note is that Gray and Silver's Soul manip isn't fatal.

Because the ice isn't interacting with the soul really.

The fire is holding the soul, when the soul died the fire remained. So the fire was just holding that soul.

Your proposition would be like saying that Gray freezing Natsu is soul manipulation because Natsu's body holds his soul.

No that's wrong, Wendy literally states that Atlas's soul is weaker than Zirconis's soul because Silver damaged it which would count as soul manip.

What your saying is if I punch a corpse and damage the remaining soul in it, it wouldn't count as Soul Manip. which doesn't make sense.

You're reading the scan wrong.

The reason the soul is weak is because it's kept it's presence after death for over 400 years. Then Wendy says that the ice damaged it's memories due to having been frozen so long.

The 400 years of maintaing it's soul after death damaged the soul and made it weak.

The time frozen affected it's memories.

But the memories come from the Soul not the Corpse. Which would mean he damaged the memories of a Soul, in turn means he hurt a soul, which means you would need NPI, Memory manip, and Soul manip.

Was thinking about this but I think Gray should have limited Power Mimicry for Copying Invel's True Ice Kamui and Rage Power because with the 1st DSM he was on par with Base Invel. After Juvia "died", he got super pissed and bodied Ice Kamui Invel in Base.

What Calaca and IMade have accepted can probably be applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back