• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the trainer caught Groudon and Kyogre. We know these to be alternate universe versions of these character's and pokemon, and if you take away this feat, there is little indication that the RSE versions of this trio would scale. Even ORAS Versions likely don't scale (I'm not sure if I am forgetting something about them that does make them scale in the remakes or not), either, and if they do it certainly shouldn't affect other versions of the Pokemon. These RR Pokemon come from specific universes, so at most, only that universes specific version should really be that powerful.
the trainer doesn't exist in the universes where RR marchie and maxie came from, we already scale pokemon between games, which are alternate universes to eachother, so there would be no reason to not scale

Doesn't change the fact that we have no evidence to prove that every legendary is as strong as the RR ones. This is especially the case as these are Trainer-owned ones, which can be significantly stronger than normal. Their wild rating (like Groudon's High 6-A) is more like a baseline.

Cyrus' entire team gives Elio trouble. Does that mean we're gonna make Honchkrow 2-B to 2-A? Of course not

the trainer doesn't exist in the universes where RR marchie and maxie came from, we already scale pokemon between games, which are alternate universes to eachother, so there would be no reason to not scale
I'm not referring to the Protag, I'm saying the Villainous Trainer's caught these pokemon in these alternate timelines, and we know that a Trained Pokemon can vary from what a Wild Version is normally capable of, even if trained by characters such as Maxie or Archie.

that was actually agreed on in cal's thread I think
No, I mean we're not gonna make all Honchkrow 2-B to 2-A because of this. RR Cyrus's will be, yes, but not just any Honchkrow. Same principle applies to the other RR members' legendaries: they won't be 2-B to 2-A just because of Trainer feats

so, from what i see we have a very good basis on what normal mon will scale to, but what about the legendaries?
Got a bunch of calcs in my superblog for that. Basically it should be as follows:

Minor Legendaries: At least Low 6-B
Gen 2 Main Legendaries: 6-B
Gen 3 Main Legendaries: High 6-A
Deoxys and Rayquaza: 5-B
Gen 4 Main Legendaries: 2-B, likely 2-A
Gen 5 Main Legendaries: High 6-A
Gen 6 Main Legendaries: High 6-A
Gen 7 Main Legendaries: 3-C, likely High 3-A
Gen 8 Main Legendaries: High 6-A
Gen 9 Main Legendaries: High 6-A

Got a bunch of calcs in my superblog for that. Basically it should be as follows:

Man that's a lot of high 6-A's lol

About legendaries why can't they scale to each other. I can't really think of many instances legendary Pokemon are portrayed as flat out superior to each other outside of trios being weaker then their master the lake trio being weaker then the creation trio and giratina being stronger than the rest of it's trio.

About legendaries why can't they scale to each other. I can't really think of many instances legendary Pokemon are portrayed as flat out superior to each other outside of trios being weaker then their master the lake trio being weaker then the creation trio and giratina being stronger than the rest of it's trio.
they just scaling without any reason doesn't make sense, being a legendary just means that there is myths and legends about them, it doesn't mean that they are comparable to one another just because

they just scaling without any reason doesn't make sense, being a legendary just means that there is myths and legends about them, it doesn't mean that they are comparable to one another just because
I mean when games like ORAS, USUM, and SS have them all at the same point as the creation trio there exist implications

what about the main gen 1 legendaries? mewtwo would scale to gen 6 due to being post game in x and y

Nah, because Deoxys controls the meteor, which Mega Rayquaza easily destroyed. Both would be 5-B though
Doesn’t deoxys try to fight afterwards(that said when I played rayquaza out speed and one shot so even that seems iffy but if Pokémon generations is considered game canon it implies deoxys could react and take hits with its specialized forms)

Doesn’t deoxys try to fight afterwards(that said when I played rayquaza out speed and one shot so even that seems iffy but if Pokémon generations is considered game canon it implies deoxys could react and take hits with its specialized forms)
Well that is because of Deoxys having garbage defense stats in its Normal Form, but we don't consider base stats for scaling. That said, it will definitely have the likes of "higher with Attack Form" for AP, "higher with Defense Form" for Durability, and "higher with Speed Form" for Speed

It was shown in the Generations specials that Mega Ray more or less dominates the entire fight, but indeed Deoxys can manage to keep up slightly thanks to form change iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back