• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been binging m the anime and I will say this. It's impossible to get proper scaling.

Scaling is wild, it fluctuates heavily

If you disagree, then it's best to just delete most Pokémon and keep the ones with more than one episode and just a pokedex entry in terms of their appearance in the series . Because you'll not find a proper scaling for most of the wild Pokémon.

Trainer mons is fine however
How’s this makeshift Ash profile?

So it would be 7-A Is that not what was agreed on? High 7-C Baby pokemon, Low 7-B Basic, 7-A First Stage, and High 7-A Second Stage?

So it would be 7-A Is that not what was agreed on? High 7-C Baby pokemon, Low 7-B Basic, 7-A First Stage, and High 7-A Second Stage?
Why is Girafarig first stage because it only has 1 evolution? How do you know Pokemon with only 1 evolution are comparable to Pokemon who are first staged? There needs to be some kind of confirmation, like a feat from a Pokedex or two

It is. I think not doing individual profiles for Ash's pokemon would make the Ash profile incomplete
Not only am I not gonna be the one to bother with that, but at the end of a journey, Ash’s Pokémon in that respective season are around the level depicted on his profile

Not only am I not gonna be the one to bother with that, but at the end of a journey, Ash’s Pokémon in that respective season are around the level depicted on his profile
Proof of all of them being that tier? Some of his Pokemon are just a lot stronger than the other ones on his team during certain seasons. And again that would make the profile pretty incomplete

A lot of Ash's Pokemon do have a strength disparity of some degree, yes. However, even though I'm not a big anime fan, and as such, not the best qualified in bringing this up, Ash own's well over 70 pokemon. That would be a ludicrous number of Profiles that could instead be treated as Key's for the sake of the profiles (IE Kalos Pikachu Key, Greninja Key, Ash Greninja Key, etc (Just a example)). I also doubt that they differ too much in physical stats compared to one another in the grand scheme of things- Or rather, I doubt that a good majority aren't at least relative.

A lot of Ash's Pokemon do have a strength disparity of some degree, yes. However, even though I'm not a big anime fan, and as such, not the best qualified in bringing this up, Ash own's well over 70 pokemon. That would be a ludicrous number of Profiles that could instead be treated as Key's for the sake of the profiles (IE Kalos Pikachu Key, Greninja Key, Ash Greninja Key, etc (Just a example)). I also doubt that they differ too much in physical stats compared to one another in the grand scheme of things- Or rather, I doubt that a good majority aren't at least relative.
That's why I think making individual profiles is much better, then for each key its "his pokemon are from this tier to this tier". We do something similar for Squall's second last key. I can make profiles for some of Ash's individual Pokemon, just the P&A section for now

Non-staff can’t ping anyone, you have to go to their message wall to contact them.

Now, I don’t know where High 7-C is coming from, the only calc we have listed for baby Pokemon is Cleffa’s meteor, which is 8-C.

Proof of all of them being that tier? Some of his Pokemon are just a lot stronger than the other ones on his team during certain seasons. And again that would make the profile pretty incomplete
All his team members for each team (with some exceptions like JN Greninja) are relative to one another. They often fight opponents that can harm the others.

All his team members for each team (with some exceptions like JN Greninja) are relative to one another. They often fight opponents that can harm the others.
Not true, this is definitely just a lazy assumption. If you want the profile to not be incomplete, you should explain the scaling and feats

That's the argument for freaking 7-C Baby Pokémon? Then I strongly disagree, I'm to call a mod here to stop this madness without actual proof.
@Antvasima
Do you have any actual proof against this though? Personal beliefs aren’t enough to grab a staff member

Sounds like some “but they’re BABY Pokémon, they can’t be that strong” type stuff, even though early stage Pokémon are already Low 7-B thanks to Rhyhorn
Not true, this is definitely just a lazy assumption. If you want the profile to not be incomplete, you should explain the scaling and feats
Responding to an actual argument with just “no” is not gonna convince anyone. The only major exceptions to this are Pikachu in each series and Greninja in Journeys. We’re not making a bunch of profiles for something as unnecessary as this.

Both of you need to actually substantiate your claims instead of arguing from nothing but personal beliefs

Responding to an actual argument with just “no” is not gonna convince anyone. The only major exceptions to this are Pikachu in each series and Greninja in Journeys. We’re not making a bunch of profiles for something as unnecessary as this.

Both of you need to actually substantiate your claims instead of arguing from nothing but personal beliefs
You didn't prove your claim, why do I have to? That's a weird double standard. You also used personal beliefs

You didn't prove your claim, why do I have to? That's a weird double standard. You also used personal beliefs
Example 1: At the Unova League, Ash’s Snivy was able to do noticeable damage to Cameron’s newly-evolved Lucario, which could also match and eventually defeat Pikachu. Even Unfezant could take multiple hits from that Riolu, which was able to fight said Snivy

Example 2: Ash’s Talonflame was able to defeat Wulfric’s Avalugg, which could defeat an unmastered Ash-Greninja

Example 3: Kukui’s Empoleon can fight and match Ash’s Pikachu, who can fight Tapu Koko, and Melmetal was able to defeat it

My main issue with using weather moves is that they’re not really combat applicable. That is to say, they aren’t direct attacks

My main issue with using weather moves is that they’re not really combat applicable. That is to say, they aren’t direct attacks
i personally dont really see the problem with stuff like this, no reason for weather related moves to be thousands of times stronger than the rest of any given pokemons attacks

None of the babies can learn Rain Dance by level up, but a handful of first stages can, like Poliwag, Shellos and Finneon. So if we decide to use the weather moves for AP, it could probably be support for Low 7-B first stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back