• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I think Mew is definitely considered to be at least equal in power to fully evolved Pokémon given he can learn the likes of Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, which is actually a pretty good way to scale featless legendaries to fully evolved 'mons now that I think about it.

Although, there is the grey area of Pokémon like Piloswine or Lickitung who used to be fully evolved but then received a further evo.

Also I think Mew is definitely considered to be at least equal in power to fully evolved Pokémon given he can learn the likes of Hyper Beam and Giga Impact, which is actually a pretty good way to scale featless legendaries to fully evolved 'mons now that I think about it.

Although, there is the grey area of Pokémon like Piloswine or Lickitung who used to be fully evolved but then received a further evo.
Porygon, Dratini, Larvitar and bunch of other non-evolve Pkmn learn it (by level up). So nah.

I was suggesting we could split the work and take on different types instead of leaving it all to one guy

Also please don't make normal Pokemon above tier 6 Rayquaza needs to go mega just to stop a planet busting meteor it wouldn't make any sense if a pidgeot could stroll up to it and vaporize it
Deoxys destroying a planet doesn't really limit it to planetary though, otherwise Dialga's regular attacks would be tier 9

Deoxys destroying a planet doesn't really limit it to planetary though
People didn't know Deoxys was in the meteor and they still thought Rayquaza was necessary (plus Deoxys wasn't actually trying to destroy the planet using the meteor, that's just how it travels, I don't even think he was the one providing the force behind it i think it was just a meteor)

There are Pokemon in game that can defeat Deoxys and Rayquaza anyway, so I think they were underestimating themselves or its just a destructive capacity thing

Yeah that's what I meant, and the protags themselves are thought to be unable to destroy the meteor, so its just lack of DC or them underestimating. There are Pokemon that have attacks with enough force to flip the world
Yeah, the protags would scale. But for now we are fixing wild 'mons. That's what Armor is saying. These guys do not scale to that feat in anyway shape or form.

Yeah, the protags would scale. But for now we are fixing wild 'mons. That's what Armor is saying. These guys do not scale to that feat in anyway shape or form.
My point was that the meteor shouldn't be used as an anti feat

Just using ,

~10% of skorupi's pokedex height as pure guesswork (3 cm radius) and 12km/s I got 9-A KE

So no, KING, you wouldn't survive that
Can you make a blog? A meteor going at 12km/s would make a bigger impact than that

Can you make a blog? A meteor going at 12km/s would make a bigger impact than that
Can't. No pixelscale nor anything. I only made it as pure guesswork. But considering the meteorite was around same size as skorupi's head (excluding the head pincers) it would indeed be around the 9-A mark. Probably higher than what I got (49.6 megajoules).

Also, Draco Meteor summons comets. A quick search on Google

Because of the comet's high orbital eccentricity, 0.9951, and inclination, 89.43°, the impact velocity would be 52.9 km (32.9 miles) per second. The resulting impact energy is equivalent to 4.4 billion megatons of TNT.

Welp. that's still something . Some 1st stage Pokémon can use it as well
That is very true.

Incidentally, using this image I got 8-A results (559 tons) for a single comet. Although idk if we are allowed to multiply by the number of attacks. Have seen it sometimes accepted, sometimes rejected.

Still, another 8-A feat potentially for first stages.

Can we use Generations, Origins and Twilight Wing to scale the games?
Considering they are just animated versions of the events that happened in the games

You can't really do that without warping space for thousands of light years
You can because it doesn't imply they do so, the starry sky is literally above us and "opening it" or "making it visible" doesn't immediatelly imply warping space until you reach other stars, it just makes it more visible

That is very true.

Incidentally, using this image I got 8-A results (559 tons) for a single comet. Although idk if we are allowed to multiply by the number of attacks. Have seen it sometimes accepted, sometimes rejected.

Nice. I'll be looking into the moves for more feats

That is very true.

Accidentally used the diameter instead of the radius for the comet. It's actually around 70 tons using that image (8-B).

However, using this one I got 345 tons (8-A).

Found it curious how Tropius and Wailmer have same exact height, lol.

You can because it doesn't imply they do so, the starry sky is literally above us and "opening it" or "making it visible" doesn't immediatelly imply warping space until you reach other stars, it just makes it more visible
How is it possible to make the starry sky visible by warping a little bit of space? it would have to encompass the space between stars

Seperate keys for all adaptation anime.
Those are stated to be taking place in the game

Accidentally used the diameter instead of the radius for the comet. It's actually around 70 tons using that image (8-B).

However, using this one I got 345 tons (8-A).

Found it curious how Tropius and Wailmer have same exact height, lol.
I told you why you can't use 12km/s, if it was it would have a bigger impact. Pokemon meteors are just weird

How is it possible to make the starry sky visible by warping a little bit of space? it would have to encompass the space between stars
i think the fact the starry sky is literally above us and is only not visible due to stuff on earth not letting us see it's light, should anwser that, again, it never said that the starry sky is close or anything, just "visible", extremely broad.

Unfortunately, due to their size when portrayed in-game and a comet's overall low density when compared to meteors, it would only get around tier 7, and I doubt it would go beyond 7-B.
The goal isn’t to hit any specific rating, it’s to get literally anything. Since most Pokédex entries aren’t filled with scaling information, getting ratings from moves like draco meteor and sunny day are greatly appreciated even if they strictly aren’t all that high.

The goal isn’t to hit any specific rating, it’s to get literally anything. Since most Pokédex entries aren’t filled with scaling information, getting ratings from moves like draco meteor and sunny day are greatly appreciated even if they strictly aren’t all that high.
See the comment I was responding to again.

Anyway. In the anime, Beheeyem created a dream world where officer Jenny physically broke into

And the Dream world was 1:1 the universe with stars and all. Outlier?

Oh yeah, maybe we can finally get around to scaling trainers to their pokemon given that almost every named trainer in the franchise has either fought pokemon themselves or withstood attacks from pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back