• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku's greatest feat: Beating an opponent who is stronger than himself and knows all his skills and abilities as well as others who are around him in skill and ability.
Garou's greatest feat: He has like 5 of them, no real way to narrow it down.

Goku got the Got the edge in term of skill and experience but Garou is definitely up there in term of ridiculousness.

-Any transformation will not affect their stats
-No time limit for their transformation
-Garou has access to all of his skill feats from the manga and webcomic
-Goku has access to all of his skill feats from the original DB up to DBS Anime and Manga

Oh.....

UI dodge

It's like I once said. "Goku has more skill, Garou just has more talent."
OPM just treats martial arts in a far more ridiculous way to the point i can perfectly understand why people without knowledge would think Garou neg diffs.
Not to mention almost everyone in DB is a skilled martial artist, so there's barely skill stomps.
Meanwhile Garou is by far the most skilled dude in OPM and one of the things he likes doing the most is humiliate his opponents and explain why they are getting skillstomped.
Just that when you compare their feats and scalling you realize that while Goku could never replicate such outlandish martial arts his general skill levels are far higher. Except for copying (if you say Ki techniques are unquantifiable) and improvement speed (if it's pre UI Goku)

I'm going with Garou. Both seem to be equals in their ability to:
  1. Copy other fighter's martial arts at a glance. (Garou could have a small advantage here as he mastered difficult martial arts styles that took decades to master without even seeing them in action)
  2. Predicting other fighter's attacks. (Goku could have a small advantage as he predicted time stop, [but that's not actually as difficult as it sounds if you know your enemy's entire move set], and dodged invisible attacks.)
Sadly for Goku, he misses out on some things that Garou will benefit from:
  1. Garou's martial arts seem a lot more busted (being able to dodge attacks he physically doesn't have the speed to react to in the WC, being able to one shot his opponent with shockwaves, and he could use Bomb's martial arts to slice Goku up from a distance.)
  2. Garou has shown that he can copy someone's martial arts move to completely cancel it out. (Honestly could just be a weakness of Bomb's form.)
  3. Garou can take all that he has learned, and condense it into a single martial arts form that maximizes each form's strengths. This is something Goku has never been shown to do. Ever.
  4. While forms don't increase stats, garou's body can mutate new physical traits to make Goku's life harder. (Growing more arms, wings, and other quality of life changes.)

(I read a lot of but not all of the comments, so I may have missed something).
Did anyone respond to this? On copying Saitama, he says he can go into different modes, copying any living creature in the universe. So yes, he could copy Ultra Instinct.

Did anyone respond to this? On copying Saitama, he says he can go into different modes, copying any living creature in the universe. So yes, he could copy Ultra Instinct.
Multiple… multiple times…. It has been indirectly responded to. Idk if it has been directly. Copying any living creature in the Universe? Big ol case of NLF.

Martial Arts Battle
Martial arts in Dragon Ball is like this -
dragon-ball-z-dbz.gif

Meanwhile, in OPM...
8532149-unknown.png
8532151-unknown-2.png

lol

Last edited:
Headcanon.
Headcanon? Are you realy trying to say that Homeless Emperor, who only received energy balls but not an increase of durability nor strength has received the same power of God as Psykorochi, who thought he could beat Saitama despite the latter basically one-shotted his previous form most powerful attack (talking about Orochi)?

Or that both received the same power as Garou, who literally received knowledge of all the universe as well as power of replicating the strongest natural phenomena in the universe and matching consecutive normal punches from Saitama (despite that a casual punch from him caused severe damage in Psykorochi)?

Headcanon? Are you realy trying to say that Homeless Emperor, who only received energy balls but not an increase of durability nor strength has received the same power of God as Psykorochi, who thought he could beat Saitama despite the latter basically one-shotted his most powerful attack?

Or that both received the same power as Garou, who literally received knowledge of all the universe as well as power of replicating the strongest natural phenomena in the universe and matching consecutive normal punches from Saitama (despite that a casual punch from him caused severe damage in Psykorochi)?
No? I'm implying that your assertion is headcanon as no amount of power is specified for each receptacle. He just gives them power. Garou and Pskorochi were already more formidable than Homeless Emperor, so they're naturally going to be more impressive with similar buffs.

Sadly for Goku, he misses out on some things that Garou will benefit from:
  1. Garou's martial arts seem a lot more busted (being able to dodge attacks he physically doesn't have the speed to react to in the WC, being able to one shot his opponent with shockwaves, and he could use Bomb's martial arts to slice Goku up from a distance.)
  2. Garou has shown that he can copy someone's martial arts move to completely cancel it out. (Honestly could just be a weakness of Bomb's form.)
  3. Garou can take all that he has learned, and condense it into a single martial arts form that maximizes each form's strengths. This is something Goku has never been shown to do. Ever.
  4. While forms don't increase stats, garou's body can mutate new physical traits to make Goku's life harder. (Growing more arms, wings, and other quality of life changes.)

1. “Garou seems to be a lot more broken” then you proceed to mention feats that Goku has done as a child up to adult hood. Goku has reacted to those his body can’t physically react to. Even without Ultra Instinct. Goku can manipulate the air current with punches to attack. This is called Kiai, but it doesn’t negate durability to a degree like Garou’s shockwave martial arts thing.

Garou has shown that he can copy someone's martial arts move to completely cancel it out. (Honestly could just be a weakness of Bomb's form.)
2. I thought you said Goku and Garou are similar in this regard? Goku has obviously does this. Goku can even create whole new fighting ways to counters to other martial arts. Goku has matched Beerus speed and strength of punches so the power and shockwave would cancel out. He does this after 2 tries, the first and second try was incomplete nullification but good enough to save the earth from getting obliterated.
  • Garou can take all that he has learned, and condense it into a single martial arts form that maximizes each form's strengths. This is something Goku has never been shown to do. Ever.

If this means combining all the skills you’ve learned in battle in a fight then Goku has obviously done that. But if it’s some ridiculous bs where Garou literally combined all 11 or whatever number of his styles into one big fighting style then Goku has done the opposite, from one thing he has learned he can create many variations of it. Versatility >>>

Since Garou’s fighting styles are from bomb and bang etc. who aren’t even as skilled as Master Roshi then someone can make an argument that Goku should definitely be able to counter. But I will take the easy way out and say UI negs everything to sunder. Garou can’t catch up to UI.
  • While forms don't increase stats, garou's body can mutate new physical traits to make Goku's life harder. (Growing more arms, wings, and other quality of life changes.)

I don’t think this would do anything to someone who can fight an 4 arms with 2 arms . Yeah, Goku fought a master martial Tien, who can create 2 extra arms. Goku beat him by using the 8 arm fighting technique where Goku creates 6 arm illusions with his arms to fight 4 real arms. Goku can fly, obviously. No idea what biological trait that would counter Goku… Goku’s life isn’t going to be hard at all thanks to his vast experience of fighting multiple life forms.
Yeah you missed a lot, cuz these has been indirectly answered. So I’ll either respond again or refer to where they have been answered. @FluffyCreatureZ @JOLTxx etc. Have made more arguments than I have. I’m just the guy that spams UI negs cuz it does. Garou has no way of countering it unless you want to thread into NLF domain.

No? I'm implying that your assertion is headcanon as no amount of power is specified for each receptacle. He just gives them power. Garou and Pskorochi were already more formidable than Homeless Emperor, so they're naturally going to be more impressive with similar buffs.
No amount of power is specified =/= he gives them exactly the same boost of power

Just watch the scale: Psykorochi after received the power of God was planning to become one with Earth. Meanwhile, Garou after received the power of God had knowledge over the flow of energy of the entire universe.

They clearly didn't receive the same power, even if in their previous form they had different problem, the scale between Garou and Psykorochi is far greater than the AP difference between Monster Garou and Orochi.

No amount of power is specified =/= he gives them exactly the same boost of power

Just watch the scale: Psykorochi after received the power of God was planning to become one with Earth. Meanwhile, Garou after received the power of God had knowledge over the flow of energy of the entire universe.

They clearly didn't receive the same power, even if in their previous form they had different problem, the scale between Garou and Psykorochi is far greater than the AP difference between Monster Garou and Orochi.
No amount of power specified = your take is headcanon with nothing backing it. That's the end of it.

This man here didn't read the chapter lol

Anyway, the fact that what he gave to Homeless Emperor was just energy projection, what he gave to Psykorochi was power + energy projection and what he gave to Garou was power + knowledge/use of all the forces of universe already shows that God does not, by any method, give all their vessels the same power

Anyway, the fact that what he gave to Homeless Emperor was just energy projection, what he gave to Psykorochi was power + energy projection and what he gave to Garou was power + knowledge/use of all the forces of universe already shows that God does not, by any method, give all their vessels the same power
Garou is the only one who god said will take as the vessel and take over his body

This is completely different from homeless emperor and the psykos.

Bro, even if there is no direct statement, feats clearly show God gave more power to Garou than he gave to Psykorochi.
Okay first of all Garou gaining the knowledge of the energy flow in the universe does not translate to power. It’s not even as impressive because physicist Stephen supposed to know the energy flows of the universe lol. Look at his attacks. They’re all nuclear and he has already shown his biggest attack. God simply gave him the ability to implement what he knows in form of “martial arts”.

I didn't not said anything about that at all in fact in came into this thread assume that both can't use transformation.

Okay first of all Garou gaining the knowledge of the energy flow in the universe does not translate to power. It’s not even as impressive because physicist Stephen supposed to know the energy flows of the universe lol.
The man matched a consecutive normal punches from Saitama even when before he was totally overwhelmed by them, even if he used a martial art to do so, that's clearly an increase of power.
Look at his attacks. They’re all nuclear and he has already shown his biggest attack. God simply gave him the ability to implement what he knows in form of “martial arts”.
He may not have shown his biggest attack, thought. I think we shouldn't use CFAGarou until the fight ends, he has just appeared for 1 chapter lol.

I just wanted to clarify that, by any mean, Garou received the same power HE and Psykorochi did

The man matched a consecutive normal punches from Saitama even when before he was totally overwhelmed by them, even if he used a martial art to do so, that's clearly an increase of power.
There is obviously power increase, but using a knowledge feat to quantify past others with Gods power is wrong. The power God gives us unquantifiable.

"I think we shouldn't use CFAGarou until the fight ends, he has just appeared for 1 chapter lol."

Low key agree

We agreeing that we wait for at least next chapter until we make a CRT thread.

There is obviously power increase, but using a knowledge feat to quantify past others with Gods power is wrong. The power God gives us unquantifiable.
I don't want to quantify it, I just want to clarify that Garou obviously received more power than any other vessel did, because, well, feats speak by them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back