• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is to compare Goku (Dragon Ball) and Garou (One-Punch Man) to find out who is likely going to win in a contest of pure hand-to-hand combat.

Rules:
  • Hand-to-hand combat only.
  • Stats equalised
  • No knowledge of each other
  • Goku cannot use ki in any way, shape, or form
  • No regeneration, immortality, stats amp for Garou
  • Any transformation will not affect their stats
  • No time limit for their transformation
  • Garou has access to all of his skill feats from the manga and webcomic
  • Goku has access to all of his skill feats from the original DB up to DBS Anime and Manga
Who do you think is better at hand-to-hand combat? Let's have a nice discussion.

6c0ffbdb-eab4-4213-93c8-998672170a14

Cuz I want to know who is more skilled.
Okay. What do you think is garou's best skill feats? Mention like 2 or 3 because I don't know.
I believe Goku's best skill feats is mastering ultra instinct in 48 minutes while it's difficult for GoDs who are master martial artists who stomp master martial artists and who live for hundreds of millions of years to do the same.

Another is Goku keeping up with someone significantly faster and stronger than him like granolah with the ability to one shot with one pressure point at any time, and Goku countered it by doing micro movements right before getting hit to significantly lower damage.

There is also Goku making martial arts on the spot and copying them like when he mad up the mad fist in response to seeing roshi's drunk fist, or when he copied chappa's entire 8 arm martial art by seeing only one technique. He also copied the kamehameha by seeing it once when it took roshi (best martial artist on earth) 50 years.
There's way more but that's some of the good ones at the top of my head.

One of Garou's best skills feats? It must be that he could merge 11 renowned martial arts styles into a single style, in just several seconds. They both appear to have comparable mimicry abilities. Both can copy techniques in one look, so we have to compare which one has copied more complicated techniques to know who is better in that regard. Garou's techniques are also more nonsense than Goku's it seems, I mean they are much more impressive visual wise. With them, Garou can do some ridiculous things such as one-shotting opponents comparable to himself with internal shockwaves, reflecting attacks with two-fold power, and creating razor-sharp wind pressures that cut comparable opponents (probably still more).
I believe Goku's best skill feats is mastering ultra instinct in 48 minutes while it's difficult for GoDs who are master martial artists who stomp master martial artists and who live for hundreds of millions of years to do the same.

Another is Goku keeping up with someone significantly faster and stronger than him like granolah with the ability to one shot with one pressure point at any time, and Goku countered it by doing micro movements right before getting hit to significantly lower damage.

There is also Goku making martial arts on the spot and copying them like when he mad up the mad fist in response to seeing roshi's drunk fist, or when he copied chappa's entire 8 arm martial art by seeing only one technique. He also copied the kamehameha by seeing it once when it took roshi (best martial artist on earth) 50 years.
There's way more but that's some of the good ones at the top of my head.
Yes, those are one hell of impressive feats. Despite what you said, a lot of people on this site seem to think Garou is still more skilled than Goku. They should make their arguments here.

skill is pretty subjective term to be fair. Goku can copy a somewhat advance Ki technique like Kamehameha despite he didn't even know how to use Ki at the time. Predicted a guy who literally skip through time, and even the verse admit that he could adapt to Hit longer timeskip after endure a few strikes from him, so Hit need to upgrade his timeskip to 0.5s or he gonna get adapted, countered someone's hax with pure skill is kinda broken. pre-ToP Goku also predict hit invisible blast. In manga he somehow copy Hakai itself, despite it is a broken copy he still manage to pull it off, while Vegeta need extensive training, and you know what, Goku used advanced version of Hakai (the version that Beerus used on Zamasu) while Vegeta need to transform into Ultra Ego and using energy blast version. He understand how to use UI -Sign- the second time he enter the state, and turn into a perfected version in the third attemp. If you including DBH, he can willingly turn into UI -Sign- just after prison planet, and then willingly turning into Perfect UI later, all by himself, no God or Angel training. Goku is also a bullshit, broken martial artist himself

Last edited:
One of Garou's best skills feats? It must be that he could merge 11 renowned martial arts styles into a single style, in just several seconds. They both appear to have comparable mimicry abilities. Both can copy techniques in one look, so we have to compare which one has copied more complicated techniques to know who is better in that regard. Garou's techniques are also more nonsense than Goku's it seems, I mean they are much more impressive visual wise. With them, Garou can do some ridiculous things such as one-shotting opponents comparable to himself with internal shockwaves, reflecting attacks with two-fold power, and creating razor-sharp wind pressures that cut comparable opponents (probably still more).

Yes, those are one hell of impressive feats. Despite what you said, a lot of people on this site seem to think Garou is still more skilled than Goku. They should make their arguments here.
That really is an incredible skill feat. Merging martial arts is not really something Goku ever did, he only copied them or surpassed them with his own fighting style. However do note that garou has culminated all the fighting experience he had into one martial art, but Goku has far far more experience than garou, and he's constantly improving and bettering himself.

Garou's martial arts are really impressive but it more like hax from what I can see, like the shockwave thing doesn't make sense technique wise but it doesn't make it any less impressive. One of the best skill feats I remember from garou is learning bang's old martial arts just by briefly reading it's scroll. It's comparable to Goku copying chappa's whole martial arts aftsr seeing it once.
Goku's copying feats are a little harder to compare because they are ki based, but we can deduce that ki technques are harder to learn than normal because roshi had so much trouble with the kamehameha while he had no trouble with regular martial arts. And Goku copied it with no concept of ki!

One of Goku's most brilliant skill feats is his analytical and deduction skills. He was able to figure out that tien was at roshi's level while watching him fighting supressed while krillin couldn't. He was also able to deduce piccolo's power level exactly while piccolo was weighted without piccolo even fighting properly and heavily suppressed just by looking at him and piccolo did the same.
He can find flaws in battle strategies just by experiencing it once and immediately formulate a plan to swiftly win.
He can also do shit like reading someones entire moveset by watching them. He took this a step further when he watched hit beat up vegeta by just teleporting around, he deduced that it was time skip stop, and was able to counter it IN BASE FORM by simply predicting what hit is going to do in time skip stop without even seeing what he is doing. Mind you, he was able to figure this out despite hit deliberately using a stance that makes it so his moves can't be read, and hit himself is a master assassin with 1000 years of experience. They then proceeded to keep one upping each other each one improving their skip stop, predictions and stances.

And so I don't bore you anymore, this is one of my favourite skill feats from Goku.
Goku was able to match cell in combat and cell even praised his ability despite the fact that cell is basically a culmination of goku himself as well as all his rivals, enemies allies and everyone he fought against, and he has all their knowledge, power, skill, techniques, everything and better.

I apologise for writing so much.

That really is an incredible skill feat. Merging martial arts is not really something Goku ever did, he only copied them or surpassed them with his own fighting style. However do note that garou has culminated all the fighting experience he had into one martial art, but Goku has far far more experience than garou, and he's constantly improving and bettering himself.

Garou's martial arts are really impressive but it more like hax from what I can see, like the shockwave thing doesn't make sense technique wise but it doesn't make it any less impressive. One of the best skill feats I remember from garou is learning bang's old martial arts just by briefly reading it's scroll. It's comparable to Goku copying chappa's whole martial arts aftsr seeing it once.
Goku's copying feats are a little harder to compare because they are ki based, but we can deduce that ki technques are harder to learn than normal because roshi had so much trouble with the kamehameha while he had no trouble with regular martial arts. And Goku copied it with no concept of ki!

One of Goku's most brilliant skill feats is his analytical and deduction skills. He was able to figure out that tien was at roshi's level while watching him fighting supressed while krillin couldn't. He was also able to deduce piccolo's power level exactly while piccolo was weighted without piccolo even fighting properly and heavily suppressed just by looking at him and piccolo did the same.
He can find flaws in battle strategies just by experiencing it once and immediately formulate a plan to swiftly win.
He can also do shit like reading someones entire moveset by watching them. He took this a step further when he watched hit beat up vegeta by just teleporting around, he deduced that it was time skip stop, and was able to counter it IN BASE FORM by simply predicting what hit is going to do in time skip stop without even seeing what he is doing. Mind you, he was able to figure this out despite hit deliberately using a stance that makes it so his moves can't be read, and hit himself is a master assassin with 1000 years of experience. They then proceeded to keep one upping each other each one improving their skip stop, predictions and stances.

And so I don't bore you anymore, this is one of my favourite skill feats from Goku.
Goku was able to match cell in combat and cell even praised his ability despite the fact that cell is basically a culmination of goku himself as well as all his rivals, enemies allies and everyone he fought against, and he has all their knowledge, power, skill, techniques, everything and better.

I apologise for writing so much.
Great analysis, must have been really hard to hunt for all these links. I had never heard of quite a few of these skill feats.

Garou's single best feat of skill is copying and mastering Bang's Awakening Breathe technique in his sleep.

Yes, in his sleep. He was unconscious and effectively blind during this time. Meaning his natural fighting instinct alone was able to copy and master an advanced martial arts technique mid-battle against a martial arts legend in mere moments. The technique in question is able to cause supernatural effects on the human body, which in itself is some crazy shit.

Even just fighting both Bomb and Bang back-to-back in his sleep is an absolutely absurd skill feat, considering both of them are considered to be at the peak of martial arts in their setting and are actively capable of Analytical Prediction. Garou ended up beating both of them in a matter of seconds to minutes.

He has MANY other feats of copying techniques with a single glance or attempt, but this one is the most impressive.

Garou's single best feat of skill is copying and mastering Bang's Awakening Breathe technique in his sleep.

Yes, in his sleep. He was unconscious and effectively blind during this time. Meaning his natural fighting instinct alone was able to copy and master an advanced martial arts technique mid-battle against a martial arts legend in mere moments. The technique in question is able to cause supernatural effects on the human body, which in itself is some crazy shit.

Even just fighting both Bomb and Bang back-to-back in his sleep is an absolutely absurd skill feat, considering both of them are considered to be at the peak of martial arts in their setting and are actively capable of Analytical Prediction. Garou ended up beating both of them in a matter of seconds to minutes.

He has MANY other feats of copying techniques with a single glance or attempt, but this one is the most impressive.
That's incredible. But Goku has something similar to that, I'd say even better.
When Goku lost against Jiren, he fell into the spirit bomb, he lost consciousness and the spirit bomb started ripping him to shreads and killing him.
His body naturally reacted to this stimulus by using the spirit bomb as a catalyst and forced itself to learn ultra instinct on the spot to prevent Goku from getting killed by breaking it's own limits. Ultra instinct is a technque of the gods that the gods of destruction, who have hundreds of millions of years of experience in martial arts and are capable of skill stomping master martial artist, cannot achieve easily.
Goku while unconcious instinctively learned a technqiue that difficult to learn and impressive and used the power that was about to kill him as his own temporarily. I see this feat as even more impressive than garou's and it's good that they're so similar.

Anyway give me more for garou, I still have many more feats for Goku.

Garou's predictions, parrying, blocking, eyesight and more:
Garou vs Saitama
Garou vs TTM
Garou vs Golden Ball
Garou vs King
Garou vs FF who was stated to be the most skilled Hero in the HA.

Garou mastery:
Garou mastering many different styles after using them only once
Garou mastering Awakening Breath while asleep
Garou subconsciously creating a Martial Art attack that two world class genius' who created the Martial Art could barely pull off.
Garou doing the same thing but with a stronger technique, while sleeping this time.
Garou doing ^ this feat while having unstable ground. Bang who created the style and knows everything about it believed it was impossible for him to pull it off due to unstable ground.
Garou learning multiple different Martial Art Styles after reading them once, and being able to fuse them into his own style the first time using them
Garou learned WCIF after seeing it being used once from far away
Copied TTM's fighting style after being hit with it once.
Copied WDM's fighting style after being hit with it once.

And more.

Well, if the stats are equalized, Garou should be able to use his Durability Negation, which is difficult to dodge. Goku can't block or deflect the attacks, we should ban Durability Negation.

Garou's predictions, parrying, blocking, eyesight and more:
Garou vs Saitama
Garou vs TTM
Garou vs Golden Ball
Garou vs King
Garou vs FF who was stated to be the most skilled Hero in the HA.

Garou mastery:
Garou mastering many different styles after using them only once
Garou mastering Awakening Breath while asleep
Garou subconsciously creating a Martial Art attack that two world class genius' who created the Martial Art could barely pull off.
Garou doing the same thing but with a stronger technique, while sleeping this time.
Garou doing ^ this feat while having unstable ground. Bang who created the style and knows everything about it believed it was impossible for him to pull it off due to unstable ground.
Garou learning multiple different Martial Art Styles after reading them once, and being able to fuse them into his own style the first time using them
Garou learned WCIF after seeing it being used once from far away
Copied TTM's fighting style after being hit with it once.
Copied WDM's fighting style after being hit with it once.

And more.
In the case of analytical prediction. Goku has two types. He can read intentions and know what his opponents are going to do. And he has normal busted predictions which he honed to the extend he did against hit which I explained before.
Garou predicts based on line of sight, posture, and gravity. Goku doesn't even need to see his opponent to predict him, he watches him fight once and he can predict his movements without analysis. It's so strong to the point where he can predict someone deliberately fighting using a stance that makes it so you CAN'T predict him and he kept improving the prediction by reading more and more steps ahead. Like garou, but even more impressive. (Also garou didn't even predict flash, he just punched him)

In the case of the mastery stuff.
Roshi has no trouble learning normal martial arts styles from humans and is easily outskill the best martial artists in the world, yet it took him 50 years to master the kamehameha (a trivial ki technique), and Goku copied it with no concept of ki. Goku also did not stop there, he improved upon it and used it in various creative applications to get out of tough spots.
Goku also copied krillins kienzan and I'm pretty sure he did it by watching vegeta do it which is funny. He also improved it and used it against Jiren in a clever way and almost beat him.
Goku has also copied on other techniques such as roshi's after image bluff where he copied it by seeing it once, and then improved on it to get the upper hand on roshi. This is also a prediction feat as goku predicted roshi's after image while roshi predicted his prediction, and then roshi predicted Goku's prediction while Goku predicted roshi predicting his prediction, wild right?
There is also him discovering ultra instinct on the spot which basically surpasses any copying feat the garou has done.
Goku has also created martial arts. He created the mad fist in response to roshi's drunk fist which makes it so the attacks are unpredictable.
Goku has also completed and mastered king chappa's entire martial arts by seeing it only once, like how garou copied the whirlwind fist, however goku went on to overwhelm tien who hard four actual arms by attacking in a way that looks like he has 8 arms. So it's practically like having 16 arms or like 8 fighters attacking at once.

Anyway there are still more skill feats for Goku, so keep garou's skill feats coming.

Goku's Predictions, copying of techniques,countering and more from OG DB to DBS
-Goku is capable of analyzing his opponents fight style and formulating and delivering a perfect counter... there's still more i haven't mentioned but to keep this as brief as possible this is all for now..

Goku's mastering skills....
-Goku has mastered and can use the kamehameha wave in ways Roshi can't even dream of
- Goku masters the Kaioh ken even more than king kai the person who taught him and did this in a very short amount of time.
-
borrowing this guy's point. Yes Goku did subconsciously master Ultra instinct, a technique that master martial artists such as Gods of destruction with their millions of years of experience couldn't master and Goku did it in like what? a few minutes?

and Goku has mastered so many technique's and fused them into his own fighting style, all the training he got from Grandpa gohan, roshi, korin, kami, king kai and then whis... each master taught a different fighting style which took them decades and centuries for them to master (Unkown for whis) and Goku mastered all these martial art styles in a very short time frame and has fused them with his own fighting style.

Well, if the stats are equalized, Garou should be able to use his Durability Negation, which is difficult to dodge. Goku can't block or deflect the attacks, we should ban Durability Negation.
Goku dodges passively with UI so that's moot

• Goku cannot use ki in any way, shape, or form
Roshi has no trouble learning normal martial arts styles from humans and is easily outskill the best martial artists in the world
Scans of him learning normal martial art styles, and him outskilling the best martial artists in the world please.
Bomb spent over 50 years creating and mastering his martial arts style (WCIF), and Garou instantly copied and mastered it way beyond anything Bomb could even imagine doing. Garou has done better things than what Goku has done from what you just said.
Bringing an aggresive fighter to an edge and cutting his platform off with a cutting technique is hardly a skill feat, especially when facing off against someone like Garou.
Goku has also copied on other techniques such as roshi's after image bluff where he copied it by seeing it once, and then improved on it to get the upper hand on roshi. This is also a prediction feat as goku predicted roshi's after image while roshi predicted his prediction, and then roshi predicted Goku's prediction while Goku predicted roshi predicting his prediction, wild right?
Compared to Garou who can see up to 4+ moves ahead lowball, as he said he can read every single move a person does.
There is also him discovering ultra instinct on the spot which basically surpasses any copying feat the garou has done.
Proof?
Goku has also created martial arts. He created the mad fist in response to roshi's drunk fist which makes it so the attacks are unpredictable.
Goku literally just jumped over Roshi making him believe he would attack. That is hardly a martial arts style.
That is literally a speed feat preformed by creating after-images. Something Garou could do easily in way less skilled keys.
Garou predicts based on line of sight, posture, and gravity. Goku doesn't even need to see his opponent to predict him, he watches him fight once and he can predict his movements without analysis. It's so strong to the point where he can predict someone deliberately fighting using a stance that makes it so you CAN'T predict him and he kept improving the prediction by reading more and more steps ahead. Like garou, but even more impressive. (Also garou didn't even predict flash, he just punched him)
That was Garou in many earlier keys. Fighting Stance is just part of the posture part of a lesser Garou's predictions. He can still predict based off of someone's line of sight, gravity, and more. He can also just read what people would do.
overwhelm tien who hard four actual arms by attacking in a way that looks like he has 8 arms. So it's practically like having 16 arms or like 8 fighters attacking at once
Garou fused the fighting style of 11+ Martial Art styles into one, that are free flowing, ever evolving, every adapting, and ever changing so that you can't just copy it.

How do you not even know your own series? Hit's ability isn't to stop time. It is to skip .1 seconds into the future. Goku is predicting what Hit will do in the .1 second that he skips. .1 seconds is literally nothing compared to Garou. Garou does more than that all the time.

Scans of him learning normal martial art styles, and him outskilling the best martial artists in the world please.
Master Roshi was literally known as the best martial artist in the world... held the title of Budō no Kamisama meaning "God of martial arts"

How do you not even know your own series? Hit's ability isn't to stop time. It is to skip .1 seconds into the future. Goku is predicting what Hit will do in the .1 second that he skips. .1 seconds is literally nothing compared to Garou. Garou does more than that all the time.
No, you need to remember that when Hit skip time forward, everyone will be frozen in his perspective, similar to a timestop. Garou have no feat of facing that kind of thing

That literally changes nothing. Goku is just predicting what Hit did in the 0.1 second time stop.
Oh Mr "How do you not even know your own series?" it does changes something. Goku predicted his movements in stopped time while Hit was using a martial arts style that makes his movements incapable of being read. it's really biased of you to say "That literally changes nothing". I'd like to see garou predicting someone's movements in stopped time

Bomb spent over 50 years creating and mastering his martial arts style (WCIF), and Garou instantly copied and mastered it way beyond anything Bomb could even imagine doing. Garou has done better things than what Goku has done from what you just said.

Bringing an aggresive fighter to an edge and cutting his platform off with a cutting technique is hardly a skill feat, especially when facing off against someone like Garou.

Compared to Garou who can see up to 4+ moves ahead lowball, as he said he can read every single move a person does.

Proof?

Goku literally just jumped over Roshi making him believe he would attack. That is hardly a martial arts style.

That is literally a speed feat preformed by creating after-images. Something Garou could do easily in way less skilled keys.

That was Garou in many earlier keys. Fighting Stance is just part of the posture part of a lesser Garou's predictions. He can still predict based off of someone's line of sight, gravity, and more. He can also just read what people would do.

Garou fused the fighting style of 11+ Martial Art styles into one, that are free flowing, ever evolving, every adapting, and ever changing so that you can't just copy it.
The ki technqiues are skill feats, I didn't say goku will fight with them.
Like jolt said, he is the world renowned as the world's best martial artist. He stomped a 30 dan in kenpo (which is a level beyond any level of real martial arts).

That's not the same, the kamehameha is an even more complex move than normal martial art styles that roshi finds trivial. At best the feats are comparable. Mate I brought feats comparable to the feats you mentioned for garou and better.

It's jiren, not your average joe.

Kid Goku performed the feat which is already comparable to garou's, goku and hits prediction feat far surpasses it.

Check my reply to phonks' "best garou feat"
That's incredible. But Goku has something similar to that, I'd say even better.
When Goku lost against Jiren, he fell into the spirit bomb, he lost consciousness and the spirit bomb started ripping him to shreads and killing him.
His body naturally reacted to this stimulus by using the spirit bomb as a catalyst and forced itself to learn ultra instinct on the spot to prevent Goku from getting killed by breaking it's own limits. Ultra instinct is a technque of the gods that the gods of destruction, who have hundreds of millions of years of experience in martial arts and are capable of skill stomping master martial artist, cannot achieve easily.
Goku while unconcious instinctively learned a technqiue that difficult to learn and impressive and used the power that was about to kill him as his own temporarily. I see this feat as even more impressive than garou's and it's good that they're so similar.
This feat surpasses garou's best copying and replication feat.

Lmao it does look silly, but it's specifically made to counter an unpredictable martial arts style, in fact this just goes to show that Goku's skill is great enough to up martial arts on the spot which is below his level to beat someone above his level.

No, you don't understand. Goku and tien are as powerful and as fast as each other. But Goku's technique allows his 2 attacks to appear like 8 simultaneous attacks, and they overwhelmed someone with 4 actual arms (like garou at equal speed lmao) as if he had 16 arms.

Yes that is the point, garou needs to see his opponents moves to read their next.
Goku on the other hand can read someone's entire moveset and then predict their movements without even seeing them which is objectively the better prediction.

Goku also culminates all the fighting styles he learned from his masters + his massively significant experience advantage over garou as well.

Oh Mr "How do you not even know your own series?" it does changes something. Goku predicted his movements in stopped time while Hit was using a martial arts style that makes his movements incapable of being read. it's really biased of you to say "That literally changes nothing". I'd like to see garou predicting someone's movements in stopped time
Garou fights Hit. Hit stops time for .1 second, but Garou already predicted accurately what he would do, so he counters effectively.

I'm done arguing here. I've already casted my vote. I'd rather not waste my time tbh.
you're done showing us how biased your reasons are? Even when faced with points you can't counter you've just showed us your love for Garou has clouded your ability to reason well, logically and unbiased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back