• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla v.s Iron Man (Comic's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He already has the item. It's not just randomly spawning on the battlefield.

The characteristics are combined. You can have an omnicidal maniac of a monster that roars and destroys things while also being too paranoid for his own good.

What makes or breaks the energy conversion is whether it's the armor itself through magic (or not-magic) or there's some complex system that converts energy. If the latter, then time stop is very likely to negate it by not giving any time for the conversion to happen. Not that it matters with oxygen destroyer.

Shouldn't his time stop be passive in that case? Because, if so, then this is probably a stomp.

How? Going back to the Link example, you'd have an analytical, cautious, combat pragmatist who's also a complete dumbass. If we did things the way you describe, then we'd have no idea what he starts with.

I guess? Video game mechanics get confusing when directly translated into stuff like this.

Being denser than usual doesn't stop CD-i Link from killing bosses and beating Ganon, so, he's obviously not dense enough to be incapable of doing his job. Maybe he's one of those guys who are very good at their job, but fail at everything else. That's the stupidest Link I can think of.

I'd ask somebody about, I feel like there should be a precedent.

I was thinking more of cartoon Link, who, if I remember correctly, tends to run in without any sort of game plan.

Cartoon Link seems to be inconsistent judging by his profile (i.e. depends on what the writers feel like doing with the episode). Having an omniscient artifact certainly helps if needed.

Iron Man can definitly survive oxygen destroyer, the armor uses molecular technology so it can reinforce and regen in that scale.

So time stop is exagerated. Like dude, Shin G "paranoid"? that versión of Godzilla act like any other versión; blast shit out of pure animalistic behavior, there is not thinking, much less a tactic such as "Oh gotta switch powers cus this is not working" or "Use time stop if things get dizzy".

Not even counting the fact he is not going survive the first blast of IM, because Repulsor rays, the thing ignores dura and ***** con G regén, are suprisely, his first attack. And before you say "muy G too big for IM to cover him complety" Tony in weaker armors was able to blast holes throught mountains.

No the thing seems to be Life Drain, which, can be easily avoided by getting out of range.

Kiryu-MG3 said:
Nah. Darkness Surge doesn't last forever, nor can it be spammed in rapid succession. Radiation Surge is meaningless against Iron Man's regen since it's exclusive to his armor. Vibration Manipulation also gets negged by Zero Point Energy Field. As for Godzilla resisting power null, Godzilla has never canonically resisted 4-B power null. Neutrino Ray was even able to affect Hyperion, who is literally a carbon copy of Superman in Marvel Comics.

That said, the idea that Godzilla will start with time stop is ridiculous, and pure wank; "paranoia" has never been any Godzilla's mindset. After watching the movies, reading so many of the comics, most incarnations of Godzilla will start out with melee attacks in a fight before moving on to something more effective. Unless Godzilla uses a time stop/life force absorption combo every single time, Iron Man still wins 9/10 matches thanks to ZPEF, Neutrino Rays, and energy conversion. I sincerely don't see Rage Power or anything like that being a concern, when Iron Man's armor gets amped the more energy he absorbs.

Actually, about Life-force absorption, complain allí you want but is dubious.

First panel: explotion happens, bunch of monsters with G are thrown away.

Second panel: G stands with the rest apparently dead.

Third panel: Huge crap is in front of G.

Fourth panel: G radiates some white energy from his body.

Fifth panel: G goes ssj.

Nor the panels or the narrative imply any Life-leech.

Newendigo said:
Time ago it was officially confirmed that Godzilla absorbed the life force from the other kaiju. That is why Godzilla turned into Spirit Godzilla.

A Stoned Orc said:
That said, the idea that Godzilla will start with time stop is ridiculous, and pure wank; "paranoia" has never been any Godzilla's mindset. After watching the movies, reading so many of the comics, most incarnations of Godzilla will start out with melee attacks in a fight before moving on to something more effective.
I guess you haven't played the video games where he can stop time. Once he is able to use the item he will use it, as he starts with ALL the items in this battle, is to obvious he is gonna use it.

By that logic, every single video game item should be instantaneously used at the start, but it's never treated that way for similar Composite characters like Composite Link, who has similar "pick up to instantly use" items in his games.

Apex PredatorX said:
Newendigo said:
Time ago it was officially confirmed that Godzilla absorbed the life force from the other kaiju. That is why Godzilla turned into Spirit Godzilla.
Officially confirmed where, though? Got a scan, or a link to an author comment?

Shin Godzilla is not a mindless beast. All of the changes he goes through are by choice rather than something triggered by trauma. The fifth form being explicitly humanoid clearly shows that he's well aware of who is threatening him. He doesn't start growing jet-shaped or truck-shaped creatures. There is no practical reason for them to be humanoid either as it's not the ideal form of locomotion and he's already bipedal. If everything was automatic, he would still be crawling on his stomach and instead of developing the photon ray and radar, he'd simply grow a thicker skin so that the bunker busters can't hurt him again. The fact that Godzilla's heading towards the same destination the whole movie makes it even more obvious that there's more to him. A mindless animal would stay in the ocean or close to water. All he needs is air and water and he's capable of asexual reproduction, so, all basic animal needs are taken care of. There's no reason for him to move any farther, but he does and he's taking his sweet time getting there despite being capable of walking at least three times faster. There is a possibility that Goro Maki has something to do with it.

The power null may be 4-B, but it nulls only radiation-based powers. Not all of Godzilla's abilities rely on that and he can switch power sources.

As for Godzilla starting moves, Godzilla Earth's starting move in the first movie is Super Oscillatory Wave. It's not even against another monster or anything that can't be destroyed with a basic beam. GMK and original Godzilla blast humans with atomic breath just fine too. Pretty sure Heisei Godzilla is also heavy on beam spam.

Chris Mowry has answered plenty of questions regarding Rulers of Earth. I can't find any of his statements that aren't already linked (even by searching for the quotes that are linked), but I'm not good at searching for that sort of stuff.

Gojii-san said:
Shin Godzilla is not a mindless beast. All of the changes he goes through are by choice rather than something triggered by trauma. The fifth form being explicitly humanoid clearly shows that he's well aware of who is threatening him. He doesn't start growing jet-shaped or truck-shaped creatures. There is no practical reason for them to be humanoid either as it's not the ideal form of locomotion and he's already bipedal. If everything was automatic, he would still be crawling on his stomach and instead of developing the photon ray and radar, he'd simply grow a thicker skin so that the bunker busters can't hurt him again. The fact that Godzilla's heading towards the same destination the whole movie makes it even more obvious that there's more to him. A mindless animal would stay in the ocean or close to water. All he needs is air and water and he's capable of asexual reproduction, so, all basic animal needs are taken care of. There's no reason for him to move any farther, but he does and he's taking his sweet time getting there despite being capable of walking at least three times faster. There is a possibility that Goro Maki has something to do with it.

The power null may be 4-B, but it nulls only radiation-based powers. Not all of Godzilla's abilities rely on that and he can switch power sources.

As for Godzilla starting moves, Godzilla Earth's starting move in the first movie is Super Oscillatory Wave. It's not even against another monster or anything that can't be destroyed with a basic beam. GMK and original Godzilla blast humans with atomic breath just fine too. Pretty sure Heisei Godzilla is also heavy on beam spam.

Chris Mowry has answered plenty of questions regarding Rulers of Earth. I can't find any of his statements that aren't already linked (even by searching for the quotes that are linked), but I'm not good at searching for that sort of stuff.
Dude, you are overrating shins intelligence to a stupid degree. "He is humanoide cus he id well awere of what he is fighting". The Examples that you mentioned are common thing for animals un real life.

Again, zpe negates all forms of energy, including KE, not just radiation.

There are absolutely no examples of such behavior in any life form we know. Not a single animal so far has started to replicate human form (including our closest relatives). No animal has developed disco ball death lasers in response to getting bitten by a wasp. When animals migrate, they do it either because they're looking for a better place or to reproduce. Neither is needed for Godzilla as he can adapt to any environment and he has no need for a partner or real food. There's no reason for him to go anywhere, but he does. The appearance of his fifth form alone proves that he's not mindless. He knows that humans are the threat, not the jets, tanks or trucks even though he has never been directly harmed by them. Just because he doesn't talk doesn't mean he's mindless.

I wasn't talking about ZPE. I meant the Neutrino Ray. It works only against radiation-based powers. Even then, due to reasons stated earlier, energy conversion is not a problem anymore.

I guess you haven't played the video games where he can stop time. Once he is able to use the item he will use it, as he starts with ALL the items in this battle, is to obvious he is gonna use it.

Dude, just because he had time stop in ONE game doesn't mean a composite character would use it

Espically when that game is a PLAYER'S CHOICE GAME

The thing is, it's not Godzilla's starting move. Saying "he will use it because he's smart" is a terrible excuse.

Being smart doesn't mean He's going to use a random ability he's never used in character. Espically since he isn't Bloodlusted here

Then I guess all player characters from videogames do nothing in all matches because everything they do is player's choice.

Besides, why wouldn't Godzilla use time stop? He has it and he has never been shy about using his powers.

Gojii-san said:
Then I guess all player characters from videogames do nothing in all matches because everything they do is player's choice.

Besides, why wouldn't Godzilla use time stop? He has it and he has never been shy about using his powers.
1. We would go off of what see in the cutsences, quotes, and what the characters say.

2. Because he doesn't do it in character? Litteraly, show me 1 clip of him time stopping in character. This is like saying "Uh, Why wouldn't Sonic BFR in a fight?". Because he has never done it in character

And if there are no cutscenes or quotes? What happens then? Videogame Godzilla-kun has no cutscenes to go on. Only gameplay.

That's why I added "to go on" ("to base his behavior on" sounds better). Does this mean he just stands in place drooling?

And yet that's obviously not how it ever goes in any matches involving him. Nobody has ever used a random number generator to determine it.

Shin Godzilla being a part of the mix makes him use it anyway. Godzilla Earth is no stranger to overkill either and neither is GMK Godzilla.

The Wright Way said:
It means its basically a game of roulette and he could start with anything.
Which is why I pointed out that it's very iffy that Godzilla would use Time Stop before Iron Man uses any of his wincons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back