• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Zero Point energy is quantum level energy nullification, since when Samus managed to steal such a thing with Grapple beam in her Legendary Power Suit?

Energy Absorption directly amps IM's stats, the links literally show him getting an outright power boost from sucking shit, restoring energy happens at the same time.

Migue+ Yes he does from resisting Ultron's sinphoning energy, Samus is not draining anything.

Resist =/= Immune. And Samus deals with energy absorbers regularly; including SA-X who is a clone of herself. And absorbing energy only slightly increases his power, it doesn't give him an instant 20x multiplier or some crap. Samus consistently steals data based power ups with her Grapple Beam, even if it isn't physical. Iron Man also resists electric energy absorption, but not life energy absorption.

@Boogie His last post is "Yeah, Samus FRA."

@Migue / Newendigo Her charge beam absorbs / redirects energy attacks, he may be resist to absorption but once his beams are out there, its fair game.

I'll be waiting for your counterargument then, but I'm telling you, I find it hard to believe you'll be able to counter twice as many showings that lead with him using his energy projection rather than absorption, all of them literally from the top of my head.

@DDM not sure I've ever heard of Samus stealing data via Grapple Beam before.

Yeah, but something common is Vs threads is that you have to bypass certain resistance with something better, and Samus has yet to shown an energy drain greater than Ultro.

Absorbing energy increase his strenth massively, he went from struggling against Jonny Storm to damage him with his own attacks, nearly K.Os Silver Surfer after sucking him in his Model 5, blasted through a mountain after taping power from Storm and Spectrum with his Model 4, equally fought a madded Thor after sucking Mjolnir and Magneto after drawing power from literally a whole planet.

"Data based power ups", that is a pretty bad comparition to ZPE, is not that is non-physical, read wikipedia's article to get a better understand of why Samus has no way to get around ZPE.

@SD, Dark Samus/Metroid Prime stole the Phazon Suit via after copying Samus' DNA. The Suits are data power ups that connect to her essence and mind. If Dark Samus appears to have learned that ability from Samus, it would imply Samus could do that.

@Newendigo But does Ultron absorb life/spirit energy? Data has mentioned that she was able to absorb and rebound energy attacks from At least Low 4-C characters, so Iron Man's increase in power won't be an issue either way. Not to mention that Phazon is absurdly broken levels of hax; something not even "Entities who see all time and space and exist outside of Space-Time" where able to deal with.

A lot of those other feats of Iron Man dealing with Tier 5 or above characters are outliers/PIS. Especially the ones regarding Thor who was obviously holding back given that even with Iron Man's best suits, it's implied Thor could effortlessly oneshot Iron Man if he was 100% serious. And also, the point was that Iron Man still has data within his suit that allows him to generate the ZPE Forcefield to begin with.

Um, at extreme risk of being a necro (and since it won't make a difference to the outcome anyway) I would just like to point out a couple of things I think were glossed over or misstated. First, I don't think Samus can absorb power-ups or abilities specifically through her grappling beam. I also don't think Tony's suit has a particularly good defense against the grapple voltage. His ZPE field would keep it from reaching his armor, but it would still be draining the power generating the shield. I don't know as much about Iron Man as Metroid, so I don't know if Tony's power source is infinite, but if it isn't that might be a weak point to (eventually) exploit.

However, the bigger point I wanted to bring up is that Samus actually has a hard counter to both his energy absorption and ZPE: she can spam mini-black holes and reality breaking annihilation reactions (unless she's not allowed her MP2 gear in the fight). A ZPE field is incredibly strong, and functions on a quantum level, but both of those weapons break down the laws of physics. Black holes are well known, the laws of space and time collapse at a point of infinite gravity. ZPE can't nullify the effect because gravity isn't energy, it's a mechanism of physical mass. Essentially, since ZPE can't remove the mass of physical object, it can't nullify a black hole, as it's a physical object.

The Annihilator beam might be enough to get past the shield on its own, seeing as how it's an annihilation reaction that uses energy fragments from different dimensions ("light energy and dark energy") as well as/instead of matter and anti-matter in its reaction. Even if the beam itself can't bypass the ZPE field, the Sonic Boom (I always hated the name, I think the listing here calls it the disrupter? much better, imo) would. It creates a tear in space-time, causing extreme damage to anything in the vicinity. That's some pretty serious hax as far as durability bypass goes. It doesn't really matter what Tony is using to protect himself: his molecular structure is just as vulnerable as everything else in the universe when something tears away at the fundamental principals holding it together.

So, maybe Tony has a way of survivng those, I don't know, but as far as I can tell the battle should end with Tony's molecules going through an estrangement of one kind or another.

Again, sorry for the necro. I will go a self-flagellate for my sins and think upon what I've done.

You mean I only self-flagellated because it's the only way I can...I mean, that's good to know. Thanks.

Edit: forgot a space

Those replies of old threads always give me shivers...

Lord+ Honestly, I do agree with some of your points. But you sinned in the most savage way possible: You didn't read the OP.

Power Suit Samus, lacks 99% of the hax you mentioned.

In my defense, I did read the OP and went to double check on Samus' profile. While I knew exactly where the line was drawn for suits, I wasn't clear as to beams. Since the Grapple Voltage had been mentioned previously by DarkDragonMedeus (though not by name, just by description when talking about the Grappling Beam), I guess I kind of assumed weapons were less restricted or something, since it didn't specifically mention any beams or specific games' power-ups as off the table, and that was certainly my mistake. I probably did miss someone pointing out that the Grappling Beam/Grapple Voltage thing wasn't correct as well.

I am but a wee fanboy, trying to go from lurking (and caring only about 2-3 characters) to something resembling participation; most of the time I just like to read the profiles and marvel at how much work has been put into everything. I rarely read the actual vs threads because, well, most of them that I do click on are 60% "bump"s, 10% actual reasoning, and 30% people saying "FRA." I don't mean that to sound as condescending as I'm sure it does, but between that seeming lack of real debate and the amount of unique terminology and style unique to vs battles, and this wiki in particular, has been pretty intimidating.

I do appreciate the reply, though, regardless of circumstances. It would have been easier to ignore my reply, let it stay dead, and not help me learn to read more carefully/make sure I have a better understanding of the parameters before I open my ignorant mouth.

Edit: a bit of clarification.

Back