• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ABoogieYesSir

They/Them
Samus is at High 6-A

Iron Man (Marvel Comics) is at High 6-A

Takes place on earth

Speed is equalized

Who wins and why?

Samus: DarkDragonMedeus, XSOULOFCINDERX

Stark: Schnee One, Newendigo, ChocomilkAlex, Ionliosite, Modernmyrmidon, Migue79, Theglassman12, Milly Rocking Bandit

377xgi

Just for starters, Wave Beam ( Like any other energy attack ) is useless due to Resistance, Absorption & Nullification on Tony's side.

I'm going to use the bold quote above on several occations.

Cold energy exist lmao.

Stark resist AZ. While he can't "absorb" the missiles themselves, he can suck their kinetic and thermal energy.

Oh, and before anyone bring it up, Samus's AP advantage is useless once IM absorbs energy and/or stat amp.

Samus' obly real option is getting up close due to her massive AP advantage and going CQC, from 4KM that's not happening, and literally everything she uses against gets absorbed.

Voting Stark

ChocomilkAlex said:
if samus's best option is CQC then can tony just absorb the kinetic energy from her attacks?
I know you strikethrought the line, but yes he can (And will) absorb Samus's kinetic energy, rendering her massive AP advantage useless, as I said before.

Samus is a being with the gender of a female, the heart of a male, the mentality of a robot, and the power of an alien.

What's the nature of Tony's absorption? Is it like Bartholomew Kuma's reflection to where he can only absorb attacks that hit a specific part of his body? Or does the suit have passive absorption?

Depends of the armor and sometimes the type of energy.

Heat, radiation, solar, magic, he absorbs them passively.

Kinetic, electric/magnetic, acoustic, he has to suck it sometimes, but the action is though based, and is though all the armor, not just a single part.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tony doesn't really use his absorption that often, at least not in this armor.

Not to mention, Samus' scan visor would probably advise her of such a thing, and its not like Samus can't redirect his own blasts with her charge beam / use her Electric Armor.

Well like I mentioned, he has to activate absorption which he doesn't actually do as often as the thread seems to imply.

I mean, there's a reason why his armor gets damaged and replaced so often. With this armor in particular having to be altered explicitly after taking damage.

He absorbs, quit a cheaty lot of times actually. And why the armor would mean anything of his fighting style?

She can avoid the attacks, cool. Stark throuws homing attacks, energy drains her from the kinectic, thermal, electrical, magnetic, radiant, radiactive, nuclear, acoustic energy from her attacks (Everything from her). Or just nullify all previous with Zero-Point energy.

Newendigo said:
Cold energy exist lmao.

Stark resist AZ. While he can't "absorb" the missiles themselves, he can suck their kinetic and thermal energy.

Oh, and before anyone bring it up, Samus's AP advantage is useless once IM absorbs energy and/or stat amp.
I wonder how can you suck a AZ body's thermal energy, i mean, its 0K temperature, there isn't thermal energy to begin with, its 0, AZ attacks are weird but 0K (pun intended), as its fiction... Also, can an AZ item have kinetic energy? If its moving, its because it got momentum from something, if it recieved a force, then it recieved energy, so it should be higher than AZ, AZ projectiles are a contraction just by the mere concept, well idk why im questioning fiction logic xD.

Ill wait for a vote as SomebodyData has something to say.

Yeah, but in comparsion to every time he hasn't used absorption, the difference is rather massive. This armor was explicitly made with the idea of interstellar combat and was modified accordingly, so I would assume fighting style would change.

I never mentioned avoiding them? Though she does have sensemove, which has worked on homing attacks before. And she also has absorption with her Charge Beam, so its not really anything to be using as an argument.

Kirby+ I meant the missiles, not the "AZ missiles".

SD+ Because A) It was not nesecary cus he had other form of attack and defense. B) PIS (Cus the ability is too OP, or the writter themself didn't acknowledge the ability).

Exactly, is for travel speed, go faster in space, the suit still follows all the the abilities of previous armors, and so the fighting style.

I meant, not getting directly hit, dodge, block or repel. Yeah she has absorption but not on the level of Tony who drains energy from 4-Bs.

AS+ Via 4-B energy absorption and stat amp.

I mean, PIS only goes so far, especially for a character with a decades long comic existence. Considering he has been defeated in the past, the 'other options doesn't really work here', not to mention actively proves the point that he doesn't use absorption all that often.

If he uses the same style (which is unlikely, since each suit has its own advantages and abilities), then that means I literally have every single fight he's had with the suit and not using absorption as a point. It's kinda a counter argument.

But there are no 4-Bs here, for that level of absorption to be remotely useful it would require something that level. For the sake of this battle, its just absorption.

The 4-B characters have always held back against Tony and would have stomped him if they were actually serious. Also, Wave Beam isn't ordinary electrical energy. It's basically a weaponized FM Radio that phases through objects; something Tony is only going to have 9-A durability against. Having the ability to absorb electromagnetic energy won't give you the ability to absorb Wave Beam. It's like Mega Man (Star Force)'s level of hax. And it's stacked with Ice Beam, thus bypassing Tony's resistance to AZ. Samus also has another obscure attack called "Speed Echoes". Whenever she used Shinespark, the afterimages she produces act on their own, fly towards the targets while phasing through all solid objects.

You guys do know that with the massive AP advantage Samus has on top of her scan visor letting her know ahead of time that Iron Man can potentially absorb her energy shots, she just needs to fire homing missiles at him and he'd be dead right? Especially considering he doesn't seem to absorb explosions with his tech that can all oneshot him.

Glass+ Don't you realize that Tony is able to absorb KE from beings of higher tier than him?

And is not just the overpowered energy absorption, but zero-point energy (which is quantum level) is going to nullify anyform of attack that relies on energy (being physical or a projectile). On top of the that Samus is not the only one on this match that scan their opponent's strength, abilities, and skill. A mere glance of Tony will tell him about Samus and what he has to do.

DDM+ No, Samus is not bypassing Tony's resistance to AZ, her ice is just near AZ.

DS+ Yes, his fighting barely changes through armors, only difference would be classic tight suits that had limitations, the special armor such as busters that actually change his fighting style. But Deep Space just adds Warp Speed that's it.

And what you assume is his fighting style would, in a hypothetical fight in which he is free of the pis of the writers? Straight on tank every attack without using his intelligence, abilities and resources to counter it?

Yes, the absorption is important because has been able absorb attacks from being way stronger than Samus to amp himself. Any atemp from Samus is just going to power up IM's stats all the time. Eventually she will not be able to do jack to him, he will beat her with pure strength.

And let me tell you, Energy Absorption is just one many issues that Samus has to deal/abilities that Tony can throw at her.

Just made a quick look, and FM Radio (Frequency Modulation) is just form on which Radio waves (The lowest form of radiation) is used.

There is nothing here that Tony can't just resist, absorp and/or nullify, so I don't get why is DDM is exagerating. Unless there some other thing that uses the FM Radio term.

He doesn't resist explosion manipulation nor does his energy absorption include missiles that explodes in his face that can literally oneshot him.

@Newendigo, She will and it doesn't even have to reach AZ. It just needs to phase through his armor which it will. Iron Man without his suit only has 9-A durability. FM Radio isn't radiation in the traditional sense and Samus' Wave Beam while a weaponized FM Radio is not an ordinary FM Radio. It's transferable Data. It's also phased through armor and worked on characters who otherwise resist radiation and absorb energy; don't see anything that makes Iron Man different. No one exaggerated the ability and the only one being exaggerated is Iron Man.

If he can passively absorb kinetic energy, why does he often get his ass kicked by characters less than High 6-A. Plus, Samus could absorb Iron Man's life energy with her grapple beam. Also, SomebodyData said Iron Man needs to activate his absorption which he doesn't lead with. And yeah, one Super Missile would simply kill Iron Man.

Back