• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Iron Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs Captain America (Marvel Comics)

Mark 2-5 Iron Man vs Captain America

1.91 tons vs 0.52 tons, speed equalized, battle takes place in the HYDRA Siberian Facility in Civil War, shield restricted, other than that SBA

Loved 3000: 7 (Zark2099, MrKerf, Lord JJJ, Oliver de jesus, Dinobot1996, I'm Blue daba dee daba die, TheKillerYT)

Earth-616 America's Ass: 0

Coincidentally Zemo:

Last edited:
Hmm, this will be tough. Let's break it down

In terms of AP/Dura, Iron Man has this, a 4 times advantage gives him an edge here unlike the fight in Civil War in which his opponents also were comparable to him. Iron Man is tougher, stronger, and more durable. Tony also has a decent lifting strength advantage if they go in CQC. However, while physically Cap is weaker, he has a shield far better than the one from the MCU, it has 2 notable advantages. A range advantage with his shield throw, shield bashing, and a 4-B shield which can evade energy blasts from Tony as well as much of his arsenal. But the most deciding factor here is intelligence, skill, and prior knowledge. However, things here get murky. As for overall intelligence, Tony is decently smarter overall and having an advanced AI which can scan fighting movements could keep up tactically. However, in terms of combat skill Cap has a massive advantage here, no one in the MCU is as close to skilled as comic Cap. Most desicively, Prior Knowledge goes to cap

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Didn't Ant reject High 6-A shield?
It is inconsistent, unless stated otherwise by the OP, we assume it to be higher tier.

Mark 2-5 exists

Anyways, to explain, he only has High 6-A feats listed for his shield, so unless lower feats are listed, going by the profile, it's High 6-A.

If so he should just be straight-up High 6-A, not "higher" but with High 6-A feats. If it's an outlier just straight-up remove it.

I don't know. It's just simply stupid that we do not allow to list High 6-A on the profile yet continue to act like his shield is High 6-A in vs threads. You can't have it both ways.

I suppose.

Although would having a 4-B blocking thing be too unfair? I mean Cap's skill alone should be sufficient to make this fight fair.

Ok now, this changes the fight a bit, the AP gap is lower, now a 3.6x advantage for Iron Man. BUT, Cap doesn't have his shield. With this gone, Cap can't shield himself from his AOE like he could before and now lacks the range he had before via shield throw. As for intelligence, nothing changes except prior knowledge. This Tony didn't meet Cap and doesn't know about his capabilities, and is notably less experienced and more cocky. Yes Tony can still scan with JARVIS, but Cap has encountered and dealt with foes like this before. As for abilties, Cap has dealt with much of the same stuff before. Iron Man hasn't dealt with Precognition, and like I said before, his vast skill and experience. Iron Man can't really AOE spam either, the facility is too small to get into him spamming it without Cap being able to catch up or simply dodge it.

So in the end, who takes this.

Well, I say Cap, while Iron Man has the AP, LS and the tactical intelligence edge with things like Friday. Cap's sheer experience, as well as knowledge on characters similar to Iron Man (The one from the comics), and Precognition should help him get the win here.

Cap high difficulty.

Iron Man outranges and spams, if he's getting destroyed in CQC he won't go in CQC.

His Precog isn't combat applicable enough to be significant, his experience and skills, sure while a factor, can just be negated entirely if Iron Man just decides to spam from a distance, 3.6x is a pretty major advantage.

At the end of the day, if Tony doesn't go braindead, he should take this fairly easy.

Also Blue, this key uses JARVIS I think.

Voting Iron Man FRA.

While Cap will end fight pretty easily in close range, he doesn't have AP to end fight fast enough for Tony to not realise that he should increase range.

Back