• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How does he when his model 8 armor only has High 7-A durability? We don't even have a key for unarmored Iron Man. But it's common knowledge unarmored Iron Man is below Captain America. Plus he doesn't resist anything unarmored.

Because that was before the Extremis issue where in order to survive he personally had to object himself with the Extremis virus in order to stay alive.

Glass+ Explotions release kinetic, thermal, and radiant energy, on top of generating shochwaves, and four are absorbed by Iron Man.

DDM+ The blast is not going to phase the armor, FM Radio are just a way radio waves are used, and "being transferable data" is complety redundant if the ability still follows the same mechanics. Which are those supposed chars that resist and absorb radiation? Specifically for this key.

Never said that he passively absorbed KE, read my comment again. And is fully and utterly in-character for him to use energy absorption, I don't know why SD keeps bringing the point.

I'm not exaggerating anything, I'm using what IM has shown to do at this.

Schnee+ Tony lacks extremis in this key, but he has the upgraded Extremis 3.0 in Model 50 (I think he has normal extremis in Hulkbuster). Tony used Extremis virus to literally power up himself higher leves because of the threat that Mallen was imposing.

That was his High 6C form, as Newendigo said.

His only 4B armor is Hulkbuster and Model 51

High 6-C form.

There are other intances, but after Google+ death, plenty of useful info is now gone, I only have what I could save.

Now it's time to wait for Dragon and Data, they are the ones that can change the result of the match.

I will wait...

Not sure I can agree with the scaling, since some previous suits have explicitly been shown superior to newer suits in some facets (Like AP, or speciality like invisibility)

But regardless, my argument is that she has every (relevant) ability that he has at that point, even if his energy absorption cap is higher, it really isn't relevant. Not to mention, like I've said quite a few times, its not in -character to go with absorption right off the bat. And I've actually brought an example.

And again, PIS is for a few off occurances, you are quite literally stating that 90% of his fights (ie the times that he didn't start or use absorption) are PIS. That, is just his fighting style, and unless you can prove it is his fighting style to absorb often in a battle, its not an acceptable point.

Samus has been able to absorb / redirect shots from low 4-C DS, trust me its not going to be a competition where they reach either gaps. So its irrelevant.

And honestly, the only reason Iron Man has ever defeated 4-B beings without a 4-B suit is simply cause said character simply let Iron Man win. Literally every "Stronger" characters in all of Marvel and DC does that against every "Weaker" character. Not to mention people could use the argument of saying Iron Man regularly struggles against people like Whiplash (Marvel Comics) as an argument by that logic. Samus' grapple beam is basically a far superior version of that in every way.

And yeah, all of Iron Man's suits are completely different from each other and. That hax that some of his suits have do not carry over to every other suit. So unless his High 6-A suit has explicantly been shown absorption on that level, it's not meaningful if other suits do it.

Samus also counters Iron Man's energy absorption with her own and also has life energy absorption like she does in Samus Returns. She also has experience dealing with SA-X, both of whom have energy absorption due to being literal duplicates. Also, it looks like only Iron Man's last 4-B key resists intangible attacks, so Wave Beam still bypasses it. There was also no counter argument against Speed echoes.

Just because you can absorb energy from a 4-B character doesn't automatically mean you fully scale from them.

Ooof.

DDM+ The Iron Man armors are scaled to each, Deep Space armor doesn't need to have feats of said level of absorption when its already a far superior model of other armors, that is basic power scaling. And again no, the only that change something are the Stealths, The Busters, and maybe the Shapeshiftes, everything else it just Add-Ons standard IM armors.

Also, again no, Wave Beam is resisted, absorbed and/or nullfifed. Going by the example of FM Radio, it's qualities are pretty pathetic.

DS+ You gave one example? I just gave six examples of him using EA (Let's call it EA) in battle in one of my comments. Heck even if we go with the "not starting move" EA is either passive or though based, depending of the energy it itself (Energy Forcefields also absorb energy, and they are automatic), like I said in one of my first comments.

And as I said before (Again), energy absorption is just one problem, zero-point energy nullifies anything that Samus that relies on energy, and if the Iron Legion is summoned, Samy is done for as she is going to be facing over 45 Iron Men that have the same EA. And before you say "but is part of his combat style"; yes it is specially against enemies that are too strong, and if even if not, we are talking about the one of the most intelligent and experienced Avengers, he just has to scan Samus once to know deal.

---

Now, tell me what is Iron Man fighting style, because you keep repeating those words but it seems you don't even know it, like yeah "no EA", but aside from that what is his full mindset, going by your pure assumptions?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't IM's Repulsor rays negate durability?

Samus resists atomic attacks which is the level of IM's negation.

But she doesnt have that on this key, so that is a Plus+ for Iron Man on the match.

Ok. Fair enough. He also has better mobility due to flight. Sooooooo, good luck to Samus at hitting him at all with anything she's got xd

Tony from this encounter will learn to never touch another videogame waifu, ever again. The poor already got enough hate in-universe.

Before I go to sleep (I'm kidding) I will some counter some points of Medeus that I missed

Speed Echoes: The profile doesn't mention the technique in the movement system section, on top of that DDM explanation is weird; afterimages are just blurs that happen when an object/person moves at speeds that a viewer can't properly analyze. "Acting on thei own, flying around, chasing and passing through targets" needs a scan or video to elaborate in that.

Life-Drain: Didn't played Samus Return remake, but as far I'm concerned for spoilers, Samus is able drain life force from enemies because those creatures of said planet have a specific energy that the Aeon abilities uses. Correct me if I'm wrong, but until then Tony should not be in harm.

Again, it's not a normal FM Radio; FM Radios normally don't even damage things. It's an intangible attack that phases through "all sorts of conventional and non-conventional barriers". It's the same type of stuff Mega Man (Star Force) has. It also cannot be absorbed even by those who absorb the same type of energy.

Speed echoes was another ability mentioned on another thread and here's an example of it. And I already mentioned Speed Echoes aren't like normal blurs, they also function like super powerful homing attacks. Basically, she creates FM'ians to attack. And according to some information from a wiki Hunter linked, it's her most damaging attack.

And no, "that's specific limits fallacy." It would be the same thing as saying Iron Man's EA only works on Asgardians. She's specifically able to absorb life energy from any type of creature and convert it into her own energy; whether it be Aeon or her own life energy. She can also convert it into digital data and use that same data for digital materialization. She can also absorb energy from things she doesn't quite damage in gameplay, and she automatically absorbs any damage she gives. It's rather passive.

Grace ended. But as a last strike...

Dragon+ Yeah its weaponized FMR, FM Radio is the problem, the beam won't increase the quality of the said type of energy. Tony resisted blasts of Gamma rays, absorbed large amounts of Gamma energy, and is even able to nullify Gamma Radiation. Say it can pass all sorts of conventional and unconventional is a huge claim that needs backup feats.

Oh, and you have yet to prove 1) Those characters that absorb/resist said attacks. And 2) Prove that those goons have better versions than IM's.

Sorry for my lack of good devices, but I think to link a YT video. I tried on a minilaptop and is lagged, I tried on a a phone and is also lagged.

But if an ability is specifically stated to work on a certain thing why would assume otherwise without reason? This is not the same as "Master sword only for Ganon". It works inverse. Is like say that White Diamond can mindhax beings are not gems, that dragon slayer/holy weapons (From any generic fantasy) can induce extra damage against non-dragonic/demonic dudes, and that the most basic soul hax can affect souless beings. Did I explained myself?

Hold on, isn't resistance towards intangible attacks on his last key anyways?

I think he's refering to energy orbs Samus gets by killing normal enemies, not the bits of Aeion.

Back to your post against mine:

I don't have scans on me, so I'm literally gonna have to get random fight scenes from his fights and mention a few notable ones:

The original fight that damaged his Mark 45 (This armor) and by extension most of his fights as part of the GotG (Not sure about the exact number), his fight with Captain Marvel in Civil War 2, this random one, another one, his fight with the Superior Iron Man (Both the AI and him didn't use Absorption much if at all), the fight with Rescue, literally everytime he's fought the Hulk (including "Hulkling" foes like in Superior Iron Man, ie Original Sin, World War Hulk, Crash and Burn), my knowledge of Marvel comics really only perminates with Spiderman (Well I skipped a few of Dan Slott's run) so I can't really comment much more, but those are just some notable ones. Give me a while and I can comment more.

To be honest, I agree with Iron legion (Mostly because the number of times he's overwhelmed on Earth is much smaller). Issue is I'm not sure they would arrive in time, and some of the earlier incarnations can be easily hacked by Samus.

As for Iron Man's fighting style, generally repulsor rays (earlier incarnations use h2h more often didn't they?). Of course my understanding with Iron Man is mostly thru the bigger events and when he's in a Spiderman comic, so I'm probably wrong. But six times he's used Absorption? With a character whose spanned decades amoung multiple runs and teams? You would need a lot more to even remotely imply that Absorption is the case.

He does different things with preperation and previous experience of course, but that's not the case here. Btw, grace stopped the moment more people started voting for Samus.

Well, I got tired, now let's add the match and close this wicked thread.

Also, since when XSOUL switched to Iron Man..?

He never did, the OP just misread something. Soul actually voted for Samus twice.

Btw, grace stopped the moment more people started voting for Samus.
Like XSOUL and I.

Not to mention I provided over 12 (Not counting the "entire runs" like GoTG w Iron Man comment I made) examples of iron Man not starting with Absorption, so by extension most of those votes are moot.

I don't get it. IM already reached 7 votes, why grace would stop just because SA got 2?

And duude, energy absorption, like I said several, is not the only reason why Tony wins here. The votes are not moot (I will argue that shit later).

@ABoogie, it looks like he voted for Samus twice at least as far as posts on this thread are concerned. And looking at his comment history, he's said nothing different ever since.

Also, I forgot to mention that some of Iron Man's power ups could be stolen by Samus' Grapple Beam such as the Zero-Point and she could absorb energy using it. Also, looking at Iron Man's energy absorption again, he doesn't "absorb all of it and immediately becomes as strong as the outside source", he generally uses it to restore stamina.

Back