• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

image.png

Interesting decision adding Greek stuff, I'm kinda surprised they actually went to research the lore to the point of minor stuff like how the furies illusions stuff works. Pretty hard detection
I always liked the God Of War Ascension stuff, although some people didn't like it, i think it's interesting to talk about the cosmology and the characters

I always liked the God Of War Ascension stuff, although some people didn't like it, i think it's interesting to talk about the cosmology and the characters
Ascension was probably the best in terms of direct personal character story telling to me.

Kratos has to face against illusions of his personal desires, Such as his family, Honor, but decides to live in reality instead. Even making a friend in the end in the form of Orkos.

Honestly, it's biggest problem was the shit gameplay and chopped up story. The story's great, but I had to watch a yt video to understand to actually get full understanding.

Ascension was probably the best in terms of direct personal character story telling to me.

Kratos has to face against illusions of his personal desires, Such as his family, Honor, but decides to live in reality instead. Even making a friend in the end in the form of Orkos.

Honestly, it's biggest problem was the shit gameplay and chopped up story. The story's great, but I had to watch a yt video to understand to actually get full understanding.
Honestly, i didn't like having to tap all the time to fill a bar to get the same attack as the classic God Of War, some things were very badly used, although it could have been much better than that, but that's what we have, so this game is better than God Of War Chaos of Olympus

I find Ares' story very interesting, but i could tell more about him and that titan who was defeated by the furies

the new board game that is being crowdfunded
Bro, i think you should check this out

Just goes to show people will downgrade for the sake of downgrading and when we question them about their evidence, they end up showing their lack of knowledge on the verse and its other aspects.
This is actually happening, once they mark our verse they will downgrade until there is nothing left to downgrade

Just goes to show people will downgrade for the sake of downgrading and when we question them about their evidence, they end up showing their lack of knowledge on the verse and its other aspects.
KLOL. The existing scan and justification are blatantly wrong, you all admitted as much, which is why the initial response was to replace it with a different scan and justification about the young ruler. Now, you've even conceded on that scan, shifting now to the scans brought up even later than that.

The idea that someone is "downgrading for the sake of downgrading" when you have now conceded that both the existing justification and the first replacement you suggested are wrong is very silly. The idea that people like Grath, Wok, and Bambu are rejecting your arguments out of spite or ignorance is similarly silly.

KLOL. The existing scan and justification are blatantly wrong, you all admitted as much, which is why the initial response was to replace it with a different scan and justification about the young ruler. Now, you've even conceded on that scan, shifting now to the scans brought up even later than that.

The idea that someone is "downgrading for the sake of downgrading" when you have now conceded that both the existing justification and the first replacement you suggested are wrong is very silly. The idea that people like Grath, Wok, and Bambu are rejecting your arguments out of spite or ignorance is similarly silly.
Bruv, we were talking about the Atlantis scan about you saying how the author contradicted himself, not the Bio Manip scan that Planck had changed halfway through the thread to the twins stuff, animal+mortal lovers stuff and the Kratos crippling stuff. IDK why you're pinning that Atlantis crap onto the Bio Manip scan when the former should've had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Yeah for once I gotta agree with Deagon on this: Assuming the worst is a stupid idea. It's a debate, what you think is accurate is not what other people think is accurate, this is coming from an outside party whose done 2 things with GoW CRT-wise lol

Bruv, we were talking about the Atlantis scan about you saying how the author contradicted himself
He did. You did not even attempt to address the actual conversation between Atropos and Clotho, or explain how it is in any way possible to interpret that conversation as referring to anything other than Atropos sinking Atlantis with war (a reflection of the original myth). Instead, you kept talking around the issue by referencing that this contradicted an earlier chapter of the book/Ghost of Sparta.

The fact that it contradicted an earlier chapter/game only means it isn't canon, it doesn't mean we get to make up nonsense about what the text actually said. Any other interpretation is indefensible, which is why you are avoiding discussing it directly, and will doubtlessly continue to do so.

He did. You did not even attempt to address the actual conversation between Atropos and Clotho, or explain how it is in any way possible to interpret that conversation as referring to anything other than Atropos sinking Atlantis with war (a reflection of the original myth). Instead, you kept talking around the issue by referencing that this contradicted an earlier chapter of the book/Ghost of Sparta.

The fact that it contradicted an earlier chapter/game only means it isn't canon, it doesn't mean we get to make up nonsense about what the text actually said. Any other interpretation is indefensible, which is why you are avoiding discussing it directly, and will doubtlessly continue to do so.
GOW: Ghost of Sparta

Bruv, we've already discussed this on that thread, why are you bringing it here?
You are literally the one that brought it up here. I was just responding to the accusation of a "downgrade for downgrade's sake" being pretty silly given you agreed the existing justification is bad and have now agreed that the first proposed replacement is bad, and then you responded by bringing up the Atlantis bit which had nothing to do with your original comment nor my response, but here we are.

Back