• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

But we are saying that Zeus trembled in fear of them, neither titans nor Gods could dominate them at that time,
"Little to fear" does not equate to "trembled in fear", plus, this statement is insanely vague to boot. There is also nothing in-lore that states that the Titans or Gods couldn't dominate them. The only unconquerable force in Greece at the time were the Sisters of Fate.

Ares, since Zeus surpassed Cronos, must have been planning with the furies, since they did not have more control over all things
You do realize that their entire plan was to use Kratos to topple Olympus, right? Since he was THE PERFECT WARRIOR to end all warriors. No way in hell Ares would've tried going in guns blazing into Olympus. Athena herself makes this painfully clear in GoW3. The same Kratos, who as a freakin' Demigod, packed up the Furies.

We can give it to them at least range
Yeah no, that's not how this works. Otherwise the Valkyries would've had 5D Low 1-C range now.

"he didn't have to worry about the Furies either"

In the word you mentioned it still shows that he feared them previously, so yes he was very afraid of them and couldn't do anything against them (this was before defeating Zeus).
Yeah no, you don't even have to go in that deep.

Ascension Kratos of all people folded them in combat. So what, Ascension Kratos > Zeus now?

The Furies literally manipulate the law of the entire Greek Universe, in addition to being made from the struggles of primordials, we should give them a certain value.
Yeah, the same Furies who then end up being ants compared to the Sisters of Fate.

Or do we just give them a 2-C range because they control every law
Nope, not how that works either.

Thé furies are literally subjugated to the authority of the gods, Ares can order them and in fact use them and Zeus can do the same.

As I mentioned before, Zeus after defeating Cronos obtained such power and Ares wanted to destroy and joined the furies (since after Zeus defeated Cronos he became more powerful that the furies could not dominate him), Zeus even feared them before the fight. Kronos and we can clearly see this.

If we are to assume that the Furies would be more powerful than Zeus that would be before Zeus defeated Kronos and not after, we can scale above Zeus before he killed Kronos

But given the fact that the furies controls every law in the Greek universe it is possible to reach 2-C with this, unless you have a good argument for not assuming that they are in fact so powerful.

Valkyries are a separate case, I don't even know why they don't climb and I won't touch on the subject.

Zeus even feared them before the fight. Kronos and we can clearly see this.
See it where? The intro shows him and his brothers chilling on Crono's body after overthrowing him and then just "Yeah Zeus doesn't fear the furies", there's nothing saying or showing him being afraid and/or weaker than them before he beat dear old dad.

Of course, Zeus trembled in fear before her, it is said right here.

I'm guessing English isn't your first language cause that's not what's said at all.

"Little to fear" just means he doesn't have to worry about them going against his plans. Which is elaborated the very next second when it's said that the Furies only follow his command.

Also, the Furies are weaker than Kratos in Ascension. How in the hell can they be "above the gods"? Do you hear yourself?

I'm guessing English isn't your first language cause that's not what's said at all.
Really, I don't speak English and to me it seems like he fears the furies, but that's up to each interpretation, you have a different interpretation than mine and I have a different one (because in Portuguese and in English it clearly says that he was afraid, but when he killed Chronos he didn't start to be afraid
"Little to fear" just means he doesn't have to worry about them going against his plans. Which is elaborated the very next second when it's said that the Furies only follow his command.

Also, the Furies are weaker than Kratos in Ascension. How in the hell can they be "above the gods"? Do you hear yourself?
He doesn't need to worry now that his power has become greater, after defeating Cronos

Please forgive me for bringing this up, I didn't know this had been discussed previously, but I feel worried that the furies are only 4-A

To me it seems more like they are superior than even Gods and titans (to clarify, this is all before Zeus became many times above Cronos).

All that says is that they aren't gods or titans and aren't bound to anyone, not that they're superior to them.

And again, as already said several times, they got murked by Ascension Kratos and he in turn would get murked by any titan or god worth their salt. A stronger version of Kratos halfway through God of War 2 was straining just to stop himself from being crushed by Atlas' fingers.

Really, I don't speak English and to me it seems like he fears the furies, but that's up to each interpretation, you have a different interpretation than mine and I have a different one (because in Portuguese and in English it clearly says that he was afraid, but when he killed Chronos he didn't start to be afraid

He doesn't need to worry now that his power has become greater, after defeating Cronos
His power didn't grow after defeating Cronos. For ****'s sake he oneshot the Titans. And that still doesn't change the fact that the Furies would be killed by a demigod, making them far weaker than the gods by default. Its not a matter of interpretation. They fundamentally cannot be weaker than Kratos and stronger than Zeus.

Also, they're not bound to anyone. That doesn't mean they're stronger than everyone.

What about manipulation of the law on a 2-C scale?
Not how range works. We don't give all Type 2 Abstracts universal range by default for instance.

And that still doesn't change the fact that the Furies would be killed by a demigod, making them far weaker than the gods by default. Its not a matter of interpretation.
Seems like the novel meant Something else by the fact ares deal is near Olympian level🤧

As I mentioned before, Zeus after defeating Cronos obtained such power and Ares wanted to destroy and joined the furies (since after Zeus defeated Cronos he became more powerful that the furies could not dominate him), Zeus even feared them before the fight. Kronos and we can clearly see this.
Feared them

LMAO, what would he have to fear from a bunch of misfits who thought a Demigod could be the solution to their Olympian problems?

If we are to assume that the Furies would be more powerful than Zeus that would be before Zeus defeated Kronos and not after, we can scale above Zeus before he killed Kronos
You mean the Furies that got stomped by Kratos who risked getting shitcanned by a weakened Atlas without having the Gauntlet of Zeus at play, and then promptly got whacked by Ares with a random-ass wooden pillar? That same Atlas who at full power with his soul intact was slightly stronger than Cronos and helped stalemate the Brother Kings? Yeah right. As if.

That same Kratos with Rage of the Titans and Cronos's Rage, who could now smash through the Tartarus Chains with his own weapons and strength, barely managed to keep Atlas's fingers from crushing him to death. He's now suddenly stronger than post-Titan War Zeus (Who at this point is powerful enough to smite the entire Pantheon with a single bolt if he blows a fuse) despite Gaia telling him his job is far from over unless he kills the Sisters of Fate?

But given the fact that the furies controls every law in the Greek universe it is possible to reach 2-C with this, unless you have a good argument for not assuming that they are in fact so powerful.
You mean the same Furies who then get bossed around by Ares as if he were their ultimate master and not the other way around? That's even more holes in the scaling chain that you just created.

inconsistency ?

GOW is not just a game it's also a story, maybe some details aren't important
GoW, even as a story, takes itself seriously enough when it comes to establishing the hierarchy of the Gods. Also, you'd think the Furies would've mindhaxed the Gods by now if they sensed Zeus's intent to kill his own kin. But no, them and Ares surrender to the fact that it's either Kratos, or Pandora's Box.

Which talking about resistance is there anyone who does resist the law manip part or we dunno
Not that we know of. But again, it doesn't matter. The Gods order them around all the time, and despite being bound to no one, just so happened to agree with Ares to sire a child, and failing that on creating the perfect Warrior, they chose to pick Kratos as the arbiter of a coup against Olympus.

Like Planck said, you can't have the Furies be weaker than Kratos and stronger than Zeus at the same time, fundamentally or narratively, not even above Titan War era Olympians, let alone the freakin' Primordials, solely because Demigod Kratos proceeds to kill them and break their hold over him, only to risk getting murked by guys like Charon, weakened Atlas, and yes, Ares with a wooden pillar that he picked up from nearby rubble.

How did the Blades of Chaos get to Kratos, since it was in another dimension?

They had been taken by the Ares in God Of War 1 in the dimension

We also know that all Chaos-based blades are different and Blades of Exile was destroyed by Zeus fear

Is there any explanation for how she got out of the Ares dimension? If so, why didn't she appear at the beginning of God Of War 3??

Like Planck said, you can't have the Furies be weaker than Kratos and stronger than Zeus at the same time, fundamentally or narratively, not even above Titan War era Olympians, let alone the freakin' Primordials, solely because Demigod Kratos proceeds to kill them and break their hold over him, only to risk getting murked by guys like Charon, weakened Atlas, and yes, Ares with a wooden pillar that he picked up from nearby rubble.
I didn't know that the issue of furies is that serious.

How did the Blades of Chaos get to Kratos, since it was in another dimension?

They had been taken by the Ares in God Of War 1 in the dimension

Nobody knows.

We also know that all Chaos-based blades are different and Blades of Exile was destroyed by Zeus fear

Blades of Exile survived alongside the Boots of Hermes. They were the only weapons to survive.

Is there any explanation for how she got out of the Ares dimension? If so, why didn't she appear at the beginning of God Of War 3??
She? Of whom do you speak? Athena? She was never in Ares' dimension.

Nobody knows.

Blades of Exile survived alongside the Boots of Hermes. They were the only weapons to survive.

She? Of whom do you speak? Athena? She was never in Ares' dimension.
When I say she I'm referring to blades of Chaos, as she didn't return to Kratos at the beginning of God Of War, but returned in a comic that took place centuries ago

I just finished the secret ending of God Of War valhalla, but the creator said there would be something that even they couldn't handle, I keep wondering what that would be?

Back