• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Can people understand that the entire point of the revisions before is that "Bloodlusted Kratos" isn't some oneshot gap over his normal showings? Jeez...

Also, Garm and Nidhogg scale to him, as does any other godly figure that he actially fights against with effort (Thor, Gna etc). The restraint argument being used here makes little sense unless Kratos is so incapable of controlling himself that going all out when the Nine Realms are in danger or when trying to break Freya's curse is a problem.

I agree.

Kratos hadn't even seen Heimdall at this point.

Also, the Brother Kings can get one-shot by GoW2 Zeus.

Base Atreus can take plenty of hits from people comparable to GoW2 Zeus (Odin, Valkyries, etc) and NOT get one-shot, and Heimdall is well above Base Atreus.
Mimir corroborating his statement right afterwards is honestly enough though. And considering how he utterly bodies Heimdall in their fight (seriously, the twerp canonically lands 3 hits, 4 if you include the kick to the head).

And Atreus is a stonewall so using his durability for scaling isn't the best way to do that.

And one thing I can't fathom (speaking generally rather than about anyone specific) is how people can say X doesn't scale when they upscale from that very feat.

Garm would have the same rating as Thor if they tiered independently of each other. Same as Nidhogg.

Kratos leting people he cares about die just because he's afraid of getting angry is a funny tought ngl
Ironically tho, in the novel he truly does relapse into anger because he ends up being the cause of his son's sickness by hiding his son's godhood from him. It's expressed more vividly as his anger culminates into the weather going haywire.

Actually, at this point I am surprised we don't give Kratos and Atreus limited Weather Manip for expressing their anger more vividly like this.

I'd like to point something out that a lot of people seem to miss here.

Thor doesn't upscale from his feat. People scale to, above or backscale from him. He himself is just 9 universe level. The same as Nidhogg or Garm's own feats putting them there. And considering the fact that these three never fight, there's no scaling chain there. They're for all intents and purposes, even.

I tried another image just now but if you have one, feel free to post it here.
This one seems decent.
1IR0Dlj.jpeg

Just seen someone say no one in gow scales to any of boo and that even gow 2 Kratos with boo is 1 dimension above end of gow 3 base kratos using as evidence this "No form of Kratos or any other character for that matter at all scales to the power of the Blade of Olympus. A power so great that Zeus with a single swipe, defeated all of the Titans. Along with this, Power of Hope Kratos, arguably the most powerful character in the series, used the sword to kill himself in one hit. It even threatened Athena in her new form of existence who no one scales too."

Just seen someone say no one in gow scales to any of boo and that even gow 2 Kratos with boo is 1 dimension above end of gow 3 base kratos using as evidence this "No form of Kratos or any other character for that matter at all scales to the power of the Blade of Olympus. A power so great that Zeus with a single swipe, defeated all of the Titans. Along with this, Power of Hope Kratos, arguably the most powerful character in the series, used the sword to kill himself in one hit. It even threatened Athena in her new form of existence who no one scales too."
This is the stupidest shit I have ever heard in my entire ******* life. And one that keeps repeating itself for absolutely no ******* reason whatsoever.

The Blade of Olympus on its own has no power, it requires a god to channel their might through it to then retain it. Which is then only usable as long as physical contact is maintained, unless the God should choose to discard the weapon or absorb all its abilities for themselves later down the line. The Blade is only a conduit for channeling their powers through it.

When Kratos regained the Blade of Olympus back, he also got all of his powers back. However, it took a while for him to have it permanently restored to him and render the Blade powerless. How do we know this? When Kratos regains the Blade back in Tartarus, it does not light up without either Kratos or Zeus holding it, whereas in GoW2 it remained lit up on its own with no outside physical contact.

Worse still, even when Zeus took back the Blade from Kratos twice in a row in the final boss fight in GoW2, Kratos was more than able to whittle him down with the power of the Titans, powers Zeus considers as being absolutely irrelevant to him. Here's the ******* kicker, the Blade's powers are usable only as long as you maintain physical contact with it, as per GoW2 Novel Chapter 49, so in tandem, Kratos on his own with Titan Powers only, was more than able to wind Zeus w/ BoO + Kratos' old godly powers out. Of course, this ultimately becomes irrelevant by the point of GoW3, where Kratos has permanently drained the Blade of all its powers and rendered it as a useless hunk of metal that only serves to be a conduit for his Godly powers.

The PoH argument is even worse because there we blatantly see the Blade not light up even when Kratos grabs the Blade and it doesn't light up until he proceeds to kill himself, right where the Context-Sensitive Action is about to take place. And it's not the Blade's power, it's Hope channeled through it that Kratos used to kill himself, as only Hope can harm Hope.

Boy, I just realized that Gna is a beast.

She gave Ragnarok Kratos the fight of his life just like Sigrun in the previous game, though Freya was probably holding back a bit out of sympathy/guilt.

She even defeated Fenrir, who as Garm was >= Kratos in power (since Kratos at one point flat out was like "screw this, we gotta run" before being cornered by Garm).

Boy, I just realized that Gna is a beast.

She gave Ragnarok Kratos the fight of his life just like Sigrun in the previous game, though Freya was probably holding back a bit out of sympathy/guilt.

She even defeated Fenrir, who as Garm was >= Kratos in power (since Kratos at one point flat out was like "screw this, we gotta run" before being cornered by Garm).
I wouldn't quite put Garm above Kratos for that reason since the former also tried to run away at the end of their second fight. It's safe to say that she's all around relative to Ragnarok Kratos and Freya though. Guess whatever juice made a 10-A Sigrun 2-C would be hella effective on a goddess.

Gna deserved more screentime, tbh.

She was such a good complex villain.
Legit. Though, seeing her straight bully Fen in the background was pretty dope.

Meanwhile I'm trying to find matches for my girl and experiencing the pain of Tier 2 "oneshot or be oneshot". Worst part is that she doesn't even have instawin hax like Freya for higher AP opponents.

I mean, Bifrost is dope?
A lot of it is really good support when you can actually like, damage your opponent even slightly. Else, it kinda fails for the most part, what with the sheer gaps in Tier 2.

Really, stuff like this makes me wish Tier 2 eventually gets revised.
What does Freya have?
Mind control. Light magic. Seidr.

Back