• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

I mean, the VS wiki isn't much better. I've seen some truly stupid upgrades to verses that were agreed to without any real thought at all.
Yes, which is exactly why "it comes from a wiki" doesn't make something automatically canon.
Really? When did he reference this, and in which game?
After they spread Faye's ashes, he confirms Atreus is part mortal.

I think that for the story they wanted to tell, it would look awkward of Kratos clarified "actually I am a demigod"

His and Atreus story kinds hinges on them being gods and what they do with that knowledge, it wouldn't be the same of they acknowledged they're demigods.

After they spread Faye's ashes, he confirms Atreus is part mortal.
Yea, I saw that. Maybe he became a full God again but doesn't know it. Like, he stole Hades soul and went through portals only Gods could go through. Doesn't that make him a full God then? It's ******* confusing. I'd like one of the developers to confirm this so it'd be cleared up.

Yea, I saw that. Maybe he became a full God again but doesn't know it. Like, he stole Hades soul and went through portals only Gods could go through. Doesn't that make him a full God then? It's ******* confusing. I'd like one of the developers to confirm this so it'd be cleared up.
I highly doubt that Kratos of all people would be unaware of his own nature. Especially considering he can't even call upon his godly magics anymore. After actively trying no less.

Hades' soul gave him a pass to go through the Hyperion Gates. But that was also destroyed alongside everything else. And it didn't make him a god in and of itself.

I highly doubt that Kratos of all people would be unaware of his own nature. Especially considering he can't even call upon his godly magics anymore. After actively trying no less.

Hades' soul gave him a pass to go through the Hyperion Gates. But that was also destroyed alongside everything else. And it didn't make him a god in and of itself.
It could also be that Kratos doesn't know anything about genetics. Again, I'd like to know specifically what godly magics he couldn't call on anymore, cuz practically all the magic he used was from the items he stole. And it seems weird that absorbing a soul of a God and integrating it into his being wouldn't make him a full God.

He lost Hades soul for good when Fear Zeus trashed him.

It could also be that Kratos doesn't know anything about genetics.
What?

The man knows all forms of future warfare, why would he not know his own birthright and his own bloodline after what Athena told him?

Again, I'd like to know specifically what godly magics he couldn't call on anymore, cuz practically all the magic he used was from the items he stole. And it seems weird that absorbing a soul of a God and integrating it into his being wouldn't make him a full God.
All the Godly magics he had acquired over the damned years, his own GoW powers, the items, the Titan power-ups, Poseidon's powers, Souls of Hades, Zeus' Fury, Army of Hades, all of it. Shitcanned by Fear Zeus. Gone. Kaput. Then Hope brought them back, though Kratos would immediately run himself through with the Blade yet again, losing all of his powers for good. He should've been dead right then and there, deprived of all his Godly powers, but the curse brought him and his godly strength back. That's all there was left, and the sliver of Hope that he kept for himself.

Last edited:
It could also be that Kratos doesn't know anything about genetics. Again, I'd like to know specifically what godly magics he couldn't call on anymore, cuz practically all the magic he used was from the items he stole. And it seems weird that absorbing a soul of a God and integrating it into his being wouldn't make him a full God.
The powers he wielded as the God of War. Ya know, Ares' powers?

And what the hell do genetics have to do with anything? He knows his lineage, he knows his powers and what godhood entails.

He just wielded it. It's not like he just dissolved it within himself.

This is the stupidest shit I have ever heard in my entire ******* life. And one that keeps repeating itself for absolutely no ******* reason whatsoever.

The Blade of Olympus on its own has no power, it requires a god to channel their might through it to then retain it. Which is then only usable as long as physical contact is maintained, unless the God should choose to discard the weapon or absorb all its abilities for themselves later down the line. The Blade is only a conduit for channeling their powers through it.

When Kratos regained the Blade of Olympus back, he also got all of his powers back. However, it took a while for him to have it permanently restored to him and render the Blade powerless. How do we know this? When Kratos regains the Blade back in Tartarus, it does not light up without either Kratos or Zeus holding it, whereas in GoW2 it remained lit up on its own with no outside physical contact.

Worse still, even when Zeus took back the Blade from Kratos twice in a row in the final boss fight in GoW2, Kratos was more than able to whittle him down with the power of the Titans, powers Zeus considers as being absolutely irrelevant to him. Here's the ******* kicker, the Blade's powers are usable only as long as you maintain physical contact with it, as per GoW2 Novel Chapter 49, so in tandem, Kratos on his own with Titan Powers only, was more than able to wind Zeus w/ BoO + Kratos' old godly powers out. Of course, this ultimately becomes irrelevant by the point of GoW3, where Kratos has permanently drained the Blade of all its powers and rendered it as a useless hunk of metal that only serves to be a conduit for his Godly powers.

The PoH argument is even worse because there we blatantly see the Blade not light up even when Kratos grabs the Blade and it doesn't light up until he proceeds to kill himself, right where the Context-Sensitive Action is about to take place. And it's not the Blade's power, it's Hope channeled through it that Kratos used to kill himself, as only Hope can harm Hope.
I don't know why but I love it when KLOL posts this kind of stuff

Hades, I beg at your Palace gates, grant me a reprieve!
Have I not become all you have wanted?
Are my debts not paid in full?

How long must I hope for a rescue that will never come?
He becomes a god, while I rot and suffer.

Release me so that I may have my revenge

Seems like this was written by Alrik.

I do wish this gets solved at one point lol
The god physiology stuff is confusing, once you look at it.

Realistically, Kratos shouldn't even still be Tier 2. He should be back to tier 4. He's no longer got any of the power ups that allowed him to reach that level in the first place. But like Planck said earlier, I guess his accelerated development just caught him back up somehow.

Realistically, Kratos shouldn't even still be Tier 2. He should be back to tier 4. He's no longer got any of the power ups that allowed him to reach that level in the first place. But like Planck said earlier, I guess his accelerated development just caught him back up somehow.
I'll do you one better.

Because the devs said so. Not indifferent to Ascension Kratos being outlier tier2 in actual scaling. Only difference is Norse Kratos being tier 2 isn't outlier.

The theory of his reactive evolution boosting his body is mostly my personal theory, even though I'd like it to be true. Maybe Hope just fully restored his power as he once wielded it despite everything being gone. And when Hope left his body behind, it was still elevated to the body of a God-King. Or maybe he did just evolve to that level after the battle, like a Zenkai boost-esque growth. But it might just be devs power creeping him.

What I do find interesting is Kratos' soul being as powerful as that of a god (withstanding The Light of Alfheim, resisting being pulled from his body by Hades, tanking the clash with Thor's hammer etc.) despite not actually being a god's soul, seeing as he couldn't leave the Underworld without Hades'.

Last edited:
Lmfao. Though, that wouldn't make any sense since the boost happened long before he had Atreus.

That's actually a good point lol. I always assumed he was back to Demigod level after GOW3, and eventually just caught back up.

I just wonder how long it took. Cuz that would
actually be a pretty busted AD feat

And we're not even sure of whether or not it was AD. He might've just pulled an SSG Goku and made "Hercules level" his new baseline when he lost everything.

And all this makes me wonder how strong Ragnarok Kratos would be if he ever recovered his magics.

Surprised Freya didn't try to look for an avenue to get him his magic back, or at least connect him the magic of Scandinavia.

So I've been playing Ragnarok NG+ and tried on the Spartan Armor and the Spartan grips for my weapons. Got killed in one hit by a Wretch, of all things, with full health and two large health bars...

Would kinda cheapen the ending of III though. Kratos did one selfless (or spiteful) act to end his vengeance and gave up the greatest power he'd ever wield for mortals, so they'd be free of the divine beings that ruined his life (himself included).
Tbf, hope is an abstract concept.

By beginning to hope that he could be better, Kratos rediscovered the hope that he himself had given to the survivors in Greece.

Would kinda cheapen the ending of III though. Kratos did one selfless (or spiteful) act to end his vengeance and gave up the greatest power he'd ever wield for mortals, so they'd be free of the divine beings that ruined his life (himself included).
I mean, it's just a silver of it, it's not like he keep all of it and it likely wasn't by his own choosing.

I mean, it's just a silver of it, it's not like he keep all of it and it likely wasn't by his own choosing.
I mean, even a sliver of a Gods power could cause the Redeemed Warriors to become 4-A. I don't think it's that hard to believe that a sliver of Hope can do far more.

Back