• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'll try something different (God of War)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to be a little bullied for opening this revision 🗿 Anyway...
Type 2 (General Transduality): Characters that exist in a nondual state regarding all dual systems within the scope of an entire level of reality and qualitatively superior or immune to the effects caused within it. Furthermore, characters with this type can be accurately described as being in either both or neither state of the dualities.
Yggdrasil, as Freya explains, transcends the duality systems/concepts of life-death, fate-birth, space-time, and all order in reality. Nothing on the planes of reality affects Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil binds the fate of the world to itself, just as reality is bound to itself. A single dewdrop gives life to all creation/being. It contains all systems of duality and at the same time completely transcends and is independent of them

Nothing that affects the 9 realms affects Yggdrasil (like Ragnarok.)

Simply put, for Yggdrasil it can be described as "both being A and also not being A" or "both being B and also not being B" (both independent of and transcending duality systems/concetps, as well as containing and giving life to all of them).

Note: Death-life, Destiny-rebirth, Space-time and more are all duality systems/concepts in all of reality/existence/creation.

I also mentioned in OP: reality/existence/creation= 9 realms

Wiki also gives Yggdrasil's current Type 9 immortality as Yggdrasil both encompasses and transcends the concepts of life and death simultaneously. And in its true aspect, it is completely independent of them. This is also a Transduality.

In short, Yggdrasil should take Type 2 Transduality due to the arguments stated in the OP.

Note: Basically, there are 3 duality systems and 6 concepts, and wiki currently gives Transduality Type 1 for this. But, what I mentioned in OP are all duality systems on the plane of reality/creation, so it's Transduality Type 2.

Creation/reality=9 realms= space-time and literal concepts of space-time(duality systems.)​

Agreed : (@Larssx, @ShionAH, @Akagami_Shanks1, @LuffyRuffy46307, @Diamentus, @doqanxd, @Rakih_Elyan, @AKUTO123, @Quintessence_PE, @RaveeCPN (for Type 1) )

Neutral : (
, @Barbar01, @Planck69 )

Disagreed :

Last edited:
Yeah not sure how this is type 2 Transduality. Nothing about the clip mentions it existing outside of the dualities of life and death and others, just that it has control over it all

Yeah not sure how this is type 2 Transduality. Nothing about the clip mentions it existing outside of the dualities of life and death and others, just that it has control over it all
Currently the wiki grants Type 9 immortality for Yggdrasil as it transcends the concepts of death and life duality and is completely independent of it. It's write on Yggdrasil's profile. It contains it, binds it to itself and gives life. Just like other duality concepts. It's Type 9 immortality and also Type 1 Transduality with other statements.

Only the concept of "death and life" duality gives it Type 1 Transduality (For the reasons above). However, Yggdrasil transcends all duality concepts on the plane of existence with all of creation and space-time, is independent and gives life to them. Just like duality of death and life...

Also there Freya talks about the real concepts of space and time, along with space and time. Cory Barlog's statements confirm this.

In short, Yggdrasil covers all the dualities mentioned and binds them to himself and gives life(World and realms itself.) It also transcends all dualities of reality and is independent them.

Also, events that affected the 9 realms nature and existence do not affect any Yggdrasil.(Also in Yggdrasil, "space time" and other things are concepts and duality systems. Souls are an example of this.)

Last edited:
Btw, Transduality isn't just taken by transcendence as I mentioned. If you contain dualities and are independent of their effects (if not affected). You are suitable for Transduality. Because this is a kind of "non-duality". Non- duality means, to contain dualities and also not be influenced by dualities means to be independent of them.(I just wanted to point out.)

Last edited:
Btw, Transduality isn't just taken by transcendence as I mentioned. If you contain dualities and are independent of their effects (if not affected). You are suitable for Transduality. Because this is a kind of "non-duality". Non- duality means, to contain dualities and also not be influenced by dualities means to be independent of them.(I just wanted to point out.)
It actually explains everything I've written here. Transcendence is not what you always have to have to gain Transduality. As I explained, for Transduality you just have to have "non-duality" is enough. It means to contain and bind itself dualities and be independent at the same time without being affected by them. Like "both being A and also not being A"( The context written in Immo Type 9 refers to a literal transcendence and independence to concepts of life and death. It's a "duality system like other systems". but we don't really need that "transcendence." What I said above is enough for Transduality.)

Anyway... I guess I have to wait for Elizhaa and other admins.

Last edited:
So... Theglass didn't say anything, That's why I didn't write it down. And I made some extra changes to the OP. I also explained that "transcendence" is not always necessary. If there is a "non-duality" context, that is sufficient.(I explained non-duality above.)
Was just asking if he opposed it or not, that's all.

@Georredannea15 What part of the clip remotely mentions the Yggdrasil is beyond all dual natures in a conceptual level? Especially beyond the world because it’s even stated to be bound to the fate of the world, and its dews nourish all life. Can you provide any examples beyond life and death because that’s all we have for dual nature.

@Georredannea15 What part of the clip remotely mentions the Yggdrasil is beyond all dual natures in a conceptual level? Especially beyond the world because it’s even stated to be bound to the fate of the world, and its dews nourish all life. Can you provide any examples beyond life and death because that’s all we have for dual nature.
No. Transduality is not all that is required for transcendence. What we call "non-duality" is to connect these concepts, to include them, to be unaffected by their nature and to be independent from those systems. This is a good example for Yggdrasil. Because Yggdrasil contains the 9 realms and existence itself, it binds its destiny to itself (this is a concept and a system) and is independent of their influence. Remember, things that affect the realms, existence, light, fate and souls in Ragnarok do not affect Yggdrasil. And everything I mentioned is a concept in GoW. Even souls.

It is also said by the wiki that Yggdrasil transcends concepts of death and life(in Yggdrasil's profile) , contains it, and is independent of it in its true aspect. That's why Yggdrasil has Type 9 Immortality. And what is mentioned in context is a also Transduality statement. And those contexts that the wiki accepts for Type 9 Immortality. It supports my arguments. Because we're both talking about a "non-duality".

And I've said it over and over, and I'll say it again, "transcendence" isn't always necessary. Non-duality is sufficient for Transduality. We don't really need a "transcends" statement. (According to the new wiki standards)

Immortality (Types 5 and 9; The very concepts of life and death are merely aspects of it, which it simultaneously encompasses and transcends, and its true form is completely[1] independent[2] from the material existence of even its physical manifestations)
I hope you understand what I mean from the context here.

Especially beyond the world because it’s even stated to be bound to the fate of the world,
What is meant here is that Yggdrasil binds the fate of the world to himself, contains it, and gives life to it. However, it is not affected by fate itself and is independent of it. Just like the realms ... Because fate only works on the plane of creation(for realms). Doesn't work for Yggdrasil.

Last edited:
Anyway... If I were to sum up the arguments;

• Yggdrasil; It contains and gives life to dualities such as space-time, death-life, fate-rebirth.
  • These dualits systems are concepts that exist at the level of reality and affect only the realms (creation).
  • The fate of the 9 realms and the events of all creation do not affect to Yggdrasil. And dualities are exist in all of creation. (Ragnarok is a good example of this.)
  • The above is "non-duality" arguments. It contains these dualities, connects it to itself, gives life. It is also independent, unaffected by the nature of dualities and all of creation. Just like realms and all creation. It's a non-duality. Like "both being A and also not being A" or "both being B and also not being B"
  • The Type 9 immo context in the profile says that Yggdrasil contains the concepts of death-life and that in its true aspect it is independent of them. (Life and death are a duality system/concept like other duality systems)

According to these arguments, Yggdrasil should qualify for Transduality type 2.

Note : According to the wiki standarts, the 3 duality system(certain daulity/dualities) only gives Type 1 Transduality. However, these 3 duality systems are "all dualities" on the plane of reality in the verse. So it qualifies for a low priority Type 2 Transduality.

Last edited:
Anyway... If I were to sum up the arguments;

• Yggdrasil; It contains and gives life to dualities such as space-time, death-life, destiny-rebirth.
  • These dualits systems are concepts that exist at the level of reality and affect only the realms (creation).
  • The fate of the 9 realms and the events of all creation do not affect to Yggdrasil. (Ragnarok is a good example of this.)
  • The above is "non-duality" arguments. It contains these dualities, connects it to itself, gives life. It is also independent and unaffected by the nature of dualities. Just like realms and all creation. It's a non-duality.
  • The Type 9 immo context in the profile says that Yggdrasil contains the concepts of death-life and that in its true aspect it is independent of them. (Life and death are a duality system/concept like other duality systems)

According to these arguments, Yggdrasil should qualify for Transduality type 2.

Note : According to the wiki, the 3 duality system(certain daulity/dualities) only gives Type 1 Transduality. However, these 3 duality systems are "all dualities" on the plane of reality in the verse. So it qualifies for a low priority Type 2 Transduality.
Honestly, I'd also be fine for just a type 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back