• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Norse Pantheon Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
> Seriously, do you believe that those two crossed curved lines are representing a spiral galaxy? Because that's positively a huge leap of logic if I ever saw one. The burden of proof to indicate that they are conclusively galaxies is yours, and please don't attempt to invert the burden, as you are the one with the extraordinary claim which requires extraordinary evidence to be backed up.

The only huge leap of logic here is assuming that something that is identical to a galaxy positioned next to general constellation areas in the nightsky is somehow something else completely unexplained.

I have the extraordinary evidence. I provided no less than five scans of galaxies being represented as something that exists in the Norse Cosmology. I also provided Word of God stating that the stars are the same as in real life. I also provided the clear precedent set before the Norse realms of real stars.

So far you have shown no statements in-game and no myths, pretty much nothing other than the fact you don't believe they are because of the mythological setting. Which is not evidence, especially in God of War where earlier mythological settings had legitimate galaxies and all that.

> No single scan states that. As I keep reiterating, a single scan calling the moon and the sun "celestial bodies" does not, in any way, shape, or form, indicate that the whole universe follows a real world cosmology. When even you admit that it doesn't.

When did I say it didn't? The burden of proof is on you. When everything points to X, assuming Y for completely no reason is just...flawed. Sorry, but so far I have yet to see any scans from your side.

> And yes, when you go to Muspellheim in-game we are given a statement about the origin of stars which severely contradicts this "scientific universe" notion which is being pushed.

Even you admitted this isn't the case anymore.

So then we need the other realms being equal in size. If so then it's 2-C. Honestly it seems like they are regarded as equal. From my pov. The World Tree contains the Greek Universe which is infinite. Which should be 2-A right? Hopefully I'm not going too far here.

I agree with Kep's arguments far more overall. I joined this site to downgrade the Primordials and even then I think he is making much more sense here.

The point of the murals is to show that galaxies exist and that, coupled with basic application of Occam's Razor and evidence standards, means that at the very least Midgard is Universe-Sized.

I'm in league with Kep here. He provides more sense than I could ever make.

Also, this scales only to 2018 Kratos, correct?

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
They're not in another "universe" an interview literally states Kratos got on a boat and got there by one of the writers.
You'd literally be wrong. The novel contradicts that, and I'd also like you to supply evidence of that interview.

EmperorRorepme said:
The World Tree contains the Greek Universe which is infinite.
No, it does not contain the Greek Universe

It contains only the 9 worlds

I still stand on my hill that the Nine Worlds are not universes per se, they may have stars but the cosmology using the logic in the game and in the writings does not add up that they are legit stars

I suggest we do not upgrade anything considering we have too many vocal and influential people that don't agree... yeah, there may be more people who agree but that doesn't mean they are right

Ok, guys and gals, let's chill please. The discussion has been pretty good whether or not you agree with the upgrades. Let's not turn this into something nasty, please.

TheC2 said:
Ok, guys and gals, let's chill please. The discussion has been pretty good whether or not you agree with the upgrades. Let's not turn this into something nasty, please.
This.

I removed that post tree.

Also, "At least 4-A" has been accepted over Discord, we are just arguing the validity of Tier 2 now.

We will most likely get "At least 4-A, likely 2-C" at the end fo all this, which is fine by me.

Kep has put forward a lot of good arguments for this.

It is perfectly solid and acceptable to that wall of text of staff and non-staff names next to the "Agree:", and the arguments made in favor of it are certainly solid in the view of many.

Regardless, I support "At least 4-A, likely 2-C"

I'm ahuge fan of GoW but is just that 2-C feels a bit strange, on any moment we should discover something that supports it better or otherwise something to debunk it. So I prefer a solid tier.

Also Influence and numbers =/= Legitimacy.

Whether it is strange to you or not, to multiple of other people it's solid.

This is a pure cop-out. I laid down my case quite clearly. People are entitled to their view on the debate. They aren't forced to bend down to anyone.

It's not a pure cop out, mind you. I can see an argument for 4-A but I cannot for the life of me see any Tier 2 feats listed here.

"At least 4-A" is based off of the realms potential size. If they are universe-sized as I have argued then the feats can be quite clearly seen as Tier 2. It's not some impossible inconceivable thing, it's a quite natural consequence.

And while it's true that numbers do not determine legitimacy, that doesn't mean people have to bend down either. I have given scans and explanations, it's up to others to believe in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back