• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giygas downgrade

So let me make it clear, I am not overly familiar with the mother franchise, this is solely based on the reasoning in giygas's profile, so I apologize if I get something wrong. Currently Giygas is listed as being 2C for being infinitely superior to Ness, who is 3A, however being infinitely superior to Ness would only place it at high 3-A. Also its durability is listed as universe level+ because nothing in the universe can harm it, however even the Ness who became one with the universe is only 3-A so Giygas should only have universe level durability. Please correct me if any of this is wrong, and if there is alternative reasoning please clarify it in the Giygas profile.

IIRC in the final fight if Ness and co. didn't pray and get powers from different dimensions and points in time to kill Giygas, Giygas would've consumed everything from the AST to the future and destroyed everything. That's Space and Time, and thus Low 2-C. I feel like Ness could also potentially be Low 2-C as we are unaware if being "one with the universe" involves just space but space and time as well.

Being one with the universe is what rune king thor became at the end, so I think Ness's explanation could be the same.

Being one with the physical matter of the universe is 3-A, whereas being one with an entire universal space-time continuum is Low 2-C.

But was Ness one with the matter, or with the entire space-time? Ness could be channelling Paula's wishes through parallel universes, which is more that enough for low 2-C.

It does not work like that. A portal or link between universes is unquantifiable.

I remember there was a comment saying that Ness and the party violated the laws of the game (wishes lol) in order to defeat Giygas. It felt a little poignant when I saw it the first time.

Back