• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh (f/sn) downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
facepalm

Yes, Ea was a Mesopotamian God.

gilgamesh named it after them. read up on this shit sometime man
Ea is stated to be an actualization of a god's deeds.
The god, Ea, is believed to be the quasi-deification of the power of the planet which turned, smashed, and stabilized the surface of the earth when it was still covered in gas and seas of magma, during the primordial stage of the earth.
Many gods began building nations after the the primordial earth was stabilized into a world where living creatures could live, but Ea is a god who performed the act of building of planet before that.

Read your own scans

"The God Ea"

"But Ea is a god"

It's not talking about the red, black, and gold pixie stick of death.
literally every feat brought up in this thread is shared by Ea ( god). So either the weapon was created after ea, and it's feats dont truly apply, or idk

literally every feat brought up in this thread is shared by Ea ( god). So either the weapon was created after ea, and it's feats dont truly apply, or idk
I should ask one question.

Where is the god stated to have the same feats in fate?

Becuase I shouldn't need to tell you, but going off of myth, when all the Greek gods were ******* robots in fate is a terrible idea.

I should ask one question.

Becuase I shouldn't need to tell you, but going off of myth, when all the Greek gods were ******* robots in fate is a terrible idea.
EXTRA CCC - Gilgamesh Matrix
Enuma Elish (The Star of Creation That Split Heaven and Earth)

EXTRA CCC - Gilgamesh Matrix
Enuma Elish (The Star of Creation That Split Heaven and Earth)
Thank you.

However, I'd like the raw checked, not saying I don't trust the type/moon wiki(or you), but it's better to be safe

"01 - 『天地乖離す開闢の星エヌマ・エリシュ』
開闢―――すべての始まりを示す、ギルガメッシュの最終宝具。
メソポタミア神話における神の名を冠した剣、乖離剣エアによる空間切断。
エア神はまだ地球が原始状態だった頃、マグマの海とガスとに覆われた地表を回し、砕き、
安定させた星の力が擬神化したものとされる。
多くの神は原始地球が安定し生命が住まう世界となった後で国造りを始めるが、
エアはその以前、星造りを行った一神とされる。
エアの名を冠したギルガメッシュの剣は、三層の巨大な力場を回転させる事で時空流を起こし、
空間そのものを変動させる。
その真の威力は一個の生命相手に用いるものではなく、世界を相手に用いるものだ。
サーヴァントたちが持つ数ある宝具の中でも頂点の一つとされる、“世界を切り裂いた”剣である。"

Have some Kanji

Even if it was a Mesopotamian artifact, we know that shit with high levels of Divinity don't really get limited to their own textures anyway. Someone like Zeus shapes the world itself by existing, and several Gods have anti-planet attacks. Zeus even has Anti-Solar System attacks, which are definetly not talking about just the Greek texture considering even his casual bolts in much weaker forms could incinerate the entire thing anyway lol.
You know a ting or two about Japanese yes?
Thank you.

However, I'd like the raw checked, not saying I don't trust the type/moon wiki(or you), but it's better to be safe

"01 - 『天地乖離す開闢の星エヌマ・エリシュ』
開闢―――すべての始まりを示す、ギルガメッシュの最終宝具。
メソポタミア神話における神の名を冠した剣、乖離剣エアによる空間切断。
エア神はまだ地球が原始状態だった頃、マグマの海とガスとに覆われた地表を回し、砕き、
安定させた星の力が擬神化したものとされる。
多くの神は原始地球が安定し生命が住まう世界となった後で国造りを始めるが、
エアはその以前、星造りを行った一神とされる。
エアの名を冠したギルガメッシュの剣は、三層の巨大な力場を回転させる事で時空流を起こし、
空間そのものを変動させる。
その真の威力は一個の生命相手に用いるものではなく、世界を相手に用いるものだ。
サーヴァントたちが持つ数ある宝具の中でも頂点の一つとされる、“世界を切り裂いた”剣である。"

Have some Kanji
Can you translate this?

forgot to address crimsons point, but gilgamesh has a divinity rank of b.

Whether zeus's abilities apply to him is speculation,

forgot to address crimsons point, but gilgamesh has a divinity rank of b.

Whether zeus's abilities apply to him is speculation,
Nobody even mentioned Gil having that, plus his actual rank is A+, he just hates the gods so much that his divinity dropped 3 ranks

Nobody even mentioned Gil having that, plus his actual rank is A+, he just hates the gods so much that his divinity dropped 3 ranks
Crimsion was mentioned that gods with enough divinity can affect things outside of their textures
afaik he's always summoned as a rank b divinity, so wouldnt apply to him

circles because even though im showing many sources of evidence that the "world" can mean several different things depending on the context, none of you will budge
Problem is we've given you explicit evidence in the form of strange fake and Prisma that the "world" referes to all of the above be it the "Planet" or a Texture. as its stated to be a "Planet" Creating weapon, stated that he would destroy the mirror world which is a replica of the "planet" and ea was explicitly stated to have twisted and torn the "Planet" in SF.

All of which you have for some reason chosen to ignore unless you can't read in which case my condolences .

Last edited:
you forget the fact that gilgamesh refuses to use ea because of his pride, let alone using it at full power. Him using ea in of itself is fighting serious
You can't be real
Right but does "destroy the world" mean "destroy the planet earth?"
One of the statements I sent said the "planet" multiple times and all of creation
I also have one question while we're here, why would Ea be considered a Mesopotamian artifact
It's not
You seem to be ignoring the part where i showed that different mythologies, can have different worlds
Bro this has been addressed in the thread you're arguing to argue rn and taking stuff out of context
The world has many different meanings in typemoon works.
This is has been addressed too in the thread you're just repeating what you're saying over and over again
yes but the op said:"Destroying the world can mean you destroy the earth’s reality marble/texture, which is only low 2-c.
Textures only make up the surface of the planet."
This was addressed in the thread scroll up and red again, once again it didn't just say "world" it said "world" and "planet" multiple times.
contradicted by tiamat existing
What does tiamat have to do with this ❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓
Skull emoji_61
They never said they just said the weapon ea can be considered a god

To my knowledge, Mythological Mystic Code only ever appears in Extraverse (And even then like, it happens once or twice lol) So his feats against Tiamat (which iirc are from FGO) shouldn't be anywhere near that section specifically.

To my knowledge, while it would possibly apply to an alive gilgamesh, it doesn't for his servant self only ever appears in Extraverse (And even then like, it happens once or twice lol) So his feats against Tiamat (which iirc are from FGO) shouldn't be anywhere near that section specifically.
the key is split between his mystic code self and his alive/fullpower self

the key is split between his mystic code self and his alive/fullpower self
I know this is a nitpick, but do you have to change the wording of what I say when you reply to me? That can easily lead to misunderstandings when screenshots without full context are taken.
Either way, having his Alive Self and Mythological Code self in the same key seems a bit Flawed imo.

To my knowledge, Mythological Mystic Code only ever appears in Extraverse (And even then like, it happens once or twice lol) So his feats against Tiamat (which iirc are from FGO) shouldn't be anywhere near that section specifically.
Yeah I find it weird too since the keys for Ea look like this
Key: Servant | Full Power
The AP explanation for the Full Power key is the following
Low Complex Multiverse level, possibly Complex Multiverse level (Finished off Tiamat)
However this isn't refering to just "Full Power Enuma Elish" as this is the explanation in the Servant key
Large Island level+ (Comparable to Gilgamesh's Strength), at least Small Country level with Enuma Elish (Destroyed Rider's Reality Marble and easily overpowered Excalibur), Low Complex Multiverse level with Full Power Enuma Elish (Ea is an Anti-World Noble Phantasm, capable of destroying Gaia's Reality Marble and likely overpowering Akhilleus Kosmos, which embodies the World. When used in Fate/strange fake, it would have destroyed the World, including its 6th dimensional realm, Avalon, without Enkidu's intervention. Child-Gil used it to destroy the Mirror World, a Reality Marble the size of Earth). Enuma Elish ignores conventional durability (It shows the "Truth" of creation, functioning on the same principle as Slash Emperor, which can kill Ultimate Ones, the strongest beings of each planet in the Solar System, like Type Jupiter)
So that got me confused too since Gilgamesh was neither alive nor anything implied that someone got his true power unlocked.

I know this is a nitpick, but do you have to change the wording of what I say when you reply to me? That can easily lead to misunderstandings when screenshots without full context are taken.
Either way, having his Alive Self and Mythological Code self in the same key seems a bit Flawed imo.
I don't think we ever saw alive Gilgamesh (Archer/Extra Class), we only saw the weakened one (Caster). The key for Gilgamesh is split like this so I think it's fine
Key: Servant | Genesis Mythology Mystic Code/Original Power

caster gil is just older gil iirc, there should only be a power difference as servants
I'd say you're only right with the first part. Yes Gilgamesh (Caster) is the older form of Gilgamesh (Archer/Extra Class). However Caster is no longer in his prime and gave up a lot of his treasures. I'm not sure if he even has EA anymore as it's not amongst his Noble Phantasms nor has he used it (maybe he just didn't want to or couldn't). After he summons his Archer self, he tells Caldea that he wanted to give them a peak at the True King of Heroes so yes there should be a difference in power.

This version is also from nearly the Age of Man so that may also affect Gil in this case, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

" the weapon ea destroyed the world" meanwhile lore says tiamat getting split in half created the world
Yes the Gods tore up Tiamat's corpse and from it the Heaven and Earth formed. Then the World of Man followed in the Mesopotamian Texture.

However many of the people here are saying that EA is not limited to the Mesopotamian Texture as it was simply found by Gilgamesh and Gilgamesh was the one who named it.

Yes the Gods tore up Tiamat's corpse and from it the Heaven and Earth formed. Then the World of Man followed in the Mesopotamian Texture.

However many of the people here are saying that EA is not limited to the Mesopotamian Texture as it was simply found by Gilgamesh and Gilgamesh was the one who named it.
its abilities seem to be a replication of the real ea/enki, as i showed earlier in the thread

Didn't you get debunked like 3 times in that regard? We have no confirmation officially of that, and thus, since all we know is Gil found it, and named it as such, we can't really say that Ea the weapon can remotely be compared to Ea the God, and vice versa

I'll be accepting two presumptions made by Marshmallow (yes this is on purpose) for this comment.
1. The translation provided about Enki is correct.
2. Ea shares the same feats as the God Enki.

The quotes provided are the following:
The god, Ea, is believed to be the quasi-deification of the power of the planet which turned, smashed, and stabilized the surface of the earth when it was still covered in gas and seas of magma, during the primordial stage of the earth.
Many gods began building nations after the the primordial earth was stabilized into a world where living creatures could live, but Ea is a god who performed the act of building of planet before that.
Assuming these are correct, now that I am rereading this, would this change anything? Marshmallow said that World and Planet are separated. We agree that when we are talking about the Planet, we mean quite litteraly the Planet, not just a texture from my understanding of the thread.

Enki is said to be a "quasi-deification of the power of the planet" meaning while he isn't litteraly the planet, his actions are related to the planet and not simply the Mesopotamian Texture.

Enki is also said that he performed the act of "building the planet", not the world, the Planet.

Finally, it says after these actions it says that "Many gods began building nations", due to the nature of the text and how it's described. This could be refering to the Gods in general, not just Mesopotamian ones. This would mean that Enki's acts would predate the creation of the Mesopotamian Texture.

I'll be accepting two presumptions made by Marshmallow (yes this is on purpose) for this comment.
1. The translation provided about Enki is correct.
2. Ea shares the same feats as the God Enki.

The quotes provided are the following:

Assuming these are correct, now that I am rereading this, would this change anything? Marshmallow said that World and Planet are separated. We agree that when we are talking about the Planet, we mean quite litteraly the Planet, not just a texture from my understanding of the thread.

Enki is said to be a "quasi-deification of the power of the planet" meaning while he isn't litteraly the planet, his actions are related to the planet and not simply the Mesopotamian Texture.

Enki is also said that he performed the act of "building the planet", not the world, the Planet.

Finally, it says after these actions it says that "Many gods began building nations", due to the nature of the text and how it's described. This could be refering to the Gods in general, not just Mesopotamian ones. This would mean that Enki's acts would predate the creation of the Mesopotamian Texture.
Diffent gods have separate statements of creating the planet.
03 - Potnia Theron [EX]
Conception of All Animals Potnia Theron.
The authority of the goddesses that BB compiled and absorbed from the abyss of the mooncell.
It embodies the power of all creation possessed by the mother goddesses—originating from a forgotten goddess approximately 8000 years ago (the goddess of Çatalhöyük) and branching to Tiamat and Cybele, Ishtar, Inanna, Anat, Astarte, Gaia, Hera, Artemis, Aphrodite, Demeter, Athena, etc.

Many are depicted with mural crowns. This is because many of these goddesses were also guardian deities of cities.

The symbols of this authority include holes opening the earth and the sky (caves and the moon), whirling tides and waterspouts of the sea, calderas of the volcanoes, etc., and from these, evils that bring all manners of death are birthed. However, after these evils have spread death, they promise certain good harvest and fertility. This authority is none other than the power of bringing death as well as giving life.

The earth mother is worshipped by the people and protects them as a guardian deity, but at the same time, she is the very sacrifice that nurtures them with crops born from her body and beasts of the fields and the forests.

The earth mother nurtures men with her flesh and blood, kills men as time passes to restores herself with her own nourishment, and once again nurtures men with her restored flesh and blood.

This process is the cycle of the food chain, and this cycle of life and death can be said to be the true nature of the earth mother. With this authority, most of the goddesses gave birth to countless monsters and giants, posing threats to gods and men, or they gave birth to heroes, thus protecting people.

As representative examples, Tiamat and Gaia became threats, while Hera is a mother of heroes.

Those born on this earth cannot defy the authority of the mother goddess, as that would mean rebelling against the very system of life. However, when they leave this earth, head to space, and end the childhoood as intelligent lifeforms, they will have broken this authority.

The wish of Çatalhöyük is the coming of that day.
Predating tiamat would mean this predates ea as well.
Didn't you get debunked like 3 times in that regard? We have no confirmation officially of that, and thus, since all we know is Gil found it, and named it as such, we can't really say that Ea the weapon can remotely be compared to Ea the God, and vice versa
i literally posted a quote from the extra cc databook

Diffent gods have separate statements of creating the planet.
03 - Potnia Theron [EX]
Conception of All Animals Potnia Theron.
The authority of the goddesses that BB compiled and absorbed from the abyss of the mooncell.
This doesn't show a creation of the planet feat. This specific ability is also not bound Mythology so could you explain your point further here?
Predating tiamat would mean this predates ea as well.
Why would this mean that it predates Ea? Why would it mean that it predates Tiamat? I never said that it predates Tiamat so I'd like an explanation.

You can't be real

One of the statements I sent said the "planet" multiple times and all of creation

It's not

Bro this has been addressed in the thread you're arguing to argue rn and taking stuff out of context

This is has been addressed too in the thread you're just repeating what you're saying over and over again

This was addressed in the thread scroll up and red again, once again it didn't just say "world" it said "world" and "planet" multiple times.

What does tiamat have to do with this ❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓

Skull emoji_61

They never said they just said the weapon ea can be considered a god
Can you give me a screenshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back