• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh (f/sn) downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could specify to what part do you need a screenshot of
where is said that enuma elish can destroy the planet? even if it did it would be an outlier.Ea can only show the primordial earth can't destroy this, btw i quote an old comment "Okay, fate lore lesson number 1. In fate, the god Ea (Not the np Ea) who is rumored to have created the stars, spun the primordial earth round and round like a top until it's molten surface stabilized. THIS is the process that "Built" the planet and allowed life to happen. THAT, my kouhai, is called "genesis" reflected in mesopotamian creation mythology. The sword Ea borrows from the god Ea's power and tears apart the stabilized surface of earth, hence the anti world thingy."

where is said that enuma elish can destroy the planet? even if it did it would be an outlier.Ea,can only show the primordial earth can't destroy this, btw i quote an old comment "Okay, fate lore lesson number 1. In fate, the god Ea (Not the np Ea) who is rumored to have created the stars, spun the primordial earth round and round like a top until it's molten surface stabilized. THIS is the process that "Built" the planet and allowed life to happen. THAT, my kouhai, is called "genesis" reflected in mesopotamian creation mythology. The sword Ea borrows from the god Ea's power and tears apart the stabilized surface of earth, hence the anti world thingy."
I'm not sure if that quote is entirely correct, I have never seen anything that said about Ea borrowing Enki's power. Just that it was named after him.

where is said that enuma elish can destroy the planet? even if it did it would be an outlier.Ea can only show the primordial earth can't destroy this, btw i quote an old comment "Okay, fate lore lesson number 1. In fate, the god Ea (Not the np Ea) who is rumored to have created the stars, spun the primordial earth round and round like a top until it's molten surface stabilized. THIS is the process that "Built" the planet and allowed life to happen. THAT, my kouhai, is called "genesis" reflected in mesopotamian creation mythology. The sword Ea borrows from the god Ea's power and tears apart the stabilized surface of earth, hence the anti world thingy."
Can you provide Scans? I don't ever recall any sort of quote in regards to Ea borrowing power from the God

Also these are the two main planet related proofs I think
Enuma Elish: Star of Creation that Separated Sky and Earth: EX
Not exactly the Noble Phantasm name but refers to the sword of separation Ea’s full release form. It is considered the planet creating weapon that in the distant past separated the sky and earth. Through compression via alternating inversion a windstorm beyond human understanding faults, dislocating space and time pulverizing the target along with the world.
The Fight against Enkidu

where is said that enuma elish can destroy the planet? even if it did it would be an outlier.Ea can only show the primordial earth can't destroy this, btw i quote an old comment "Okay, fate lore lesson number 1. In fate, the god Ea (Not the np Ea) who is rumored to have created the stars, spun the primordial earth round and round like a top until it's molten surface stabilized. THIS is the process that "Built" the planet and allowed life to THAT, my kouhai, is called "genesis" reflected in mesopotamian creation mythology. The sword Ea borrows from the god Ea's power and tears apart the stabilized surface of earth, hence the anti world thingy."
This does absolutely nothing because Fate lore=/ actual Babylonian mythology, there is zero factual basis for any of what you're trying to insinuate here being a thing in Fate. So I'd suggest you stick to things that are stated in Fate lore rather than extrapolating from actual myth.

Also, once again its reductive to say "Ea can only show the primordial earth therefore no destruction" when the "Primordial Earth" referred to is literally the Void that predated existence So literally by extention returning the planet to its Primordial state means destroying it.

Last edited:
This does absolutely nothing because Fate lore=/ actual Babylonian mythology, there is zero factual basis for any of what you're trying to insinuate here being a thing in Fate. So I'd suggest you stick to things that are stated in Fate lore rather than extrapolating from actual myth.

Also, once again its reductive to say "Ea can only show the primordial earth therefore no destruction" when the "Primordial Earth" referred to is literally the Void that predated existence So literally by extention returning the planet to its Primordial state means destroying it.
The God ea/enki exists in fate. That much is confirmed.
Also i literally posted the material to support that, so read it

Yeah, for once, Marshmallow is right on this
for once 💀 anyway i submitted your raw to the tl request thread and got this

01 - Enuma Elish (The Star of Genesis That Divided Heaven and Earth).

Gilgamesh's ultimate treasure that shows the beginning of everything―――The Genesis.

A sword named after a god in Mesopotamian mythology, the Sword of rupture, Ea, which has the power to sever space itself

The God, EA, is said to be a Pseudo‐deification of the power of the planet that spun, crushed, and stabilized the surface of the Earth, which was covered by a sea of magma and gas, during the time when the Earth was still in a primitive state.

While many gods begin building countries after the primitive Earth stabilizes and becomes a world where life can reside, Ea is said to be a god who performed the planet creation before that.

The sword of Gilgamesh, named after Ea, creates a spacetime flow by rotating three huge fields of force, and changes the space itself.

It's true power is not meant to be used against a single life form, but against the world itself

It is a sword that is considered one of the pinnacle Noble Phantasms among the many possessed by Servants, capable of 'cutting the world apart'."

The God ea/enki exists in fate. That much is confirmed.
Also i literally posted the material to support that, so read it
And so? Once again Fate lore/=actual Babylonian myth. You should be extrapolating from what's stated in Fate not a Wikipedia page. Cause I saw someone post that for some reason.

Also could I ask what Enki has to do with anything here?

And so? Once again Fate lore/=actual Babylonian myth. You should be extrapolating from what's stated in Fate not a Wikipedia page. Cause I saw someone post that for some reason.

Also could I ask what Enki has to do with anything here?
Basically enki has the same lore as gilgamesh's sword, so theres a bit of a paradox

How is there a paradox exactly?
Because both have been stated to create the world. Obviously, both cases cant be true. There are two easy to solutions to this problem.
1. Ea was originally the np of Enki (which would bound it to the Mesopotamian texture)
2. Nasu retconned ea (weapon) a bit, and it's now a replication of the god's abilities.

Last edited:
Because both have been stated to create the world. Obviously, both cases cant be true. There are two easy to solutions to this problem.
1. Ea was originally the np of Enki (which would bound it to the Mesopotamian texture)
2. Nasu retconned ea (weapon) a bit, and it's now a replication of the god's abilities.
How can it be bound to the Mesopotamian texture when the mats themselves literally state that he created the planet??

Well you are simply ignoring possibility
3. Enki used Ea as Gods have been said to wield it in SF iirc, wouldn't exactly bind it anywhere as this is before the textures

Your solution 1. would be false, it wouldn't be bound to the Mesopotamian Texture as it's related to the Planet, furthermore, Tiamat is the source of Sumerian Mythology so Enki cannot be it.

Your solution 2. would just mean Enki would have the same rating as Ea has rn.

Edit: I'd also like to add that all of these are assumptions and shouldn't be used as something definitive regarding the God and the Sword.

Says the first comment in page 4

emoji-emoji-disintegrating.gif

Well you are simply ignoring possibility
3. Enki used Ea as Gods have been said to wield it in SF iirc, wouldn't exactly bind it anywhere as this is before the textures
Ea is stated to be a unique existence that can only be wielded by gil
Tiamat is linked to the planet as well, and being unbound by texture is something that only gods of high divinity have shown atm.

Ea is stated to be a unique existence that can only be wielded by gil
Tiamat is linked to the planet as well, and being unbound by texture is something that only gods of high divinity have shown atm.
That's because Gilgamesh inherited the essence of the Gods who performed Genesis, allowing to use it.

Gods are ranked by Divine Cores, non Gods are ranked by Divinity. Tiamat's core is EX, her core is Divine Core of the Goddess. Futhermore Enki was the one that did the building of the Planet, not civilization like other Gods, this act is much more impressive than Tiamat's link. Also what does Tiamat even have to do with this?

That's because Gilgamesh inherited the essence of the Gods who performed Genesis, allowing to use it.

Gods are ranked by Divine Cores, non Gods are ranked by Divinity. Tiamat's core is EX, her core is Divine Core of the Goddess. Futhermore Enki was the one that did the building of the Planet, not civilization like other Gods, this act is much more impressive than Tiamat's link. Also what does Tiamat even have to do with this?
tiamat would make ea's lore a lie in some way

I don't know man but if you ask me the act of building a planet should supersede the textures that exist within the planet but maybe that's just me.

The Sword of Rupture commanded by the King of
Heroes - what its single strike bore through was not only
the earth, but the world itself, stretching to the sky. The
attack was not even something to be discussed as a
matter of whether it hit, or whether its force was
advisable. Soldiers, horses, the dust, the sky - nearly
everything that used the cut space as a foundation was
swallowed and disappeared into the surging void.

Seems to be specific when it just doesn't talk ab the world/what you denote for as texture of humanity and earth, I don't know me but me personally I think if they said earth and not just "the world" it would refer to all the textures but maybe that's just me.
can you send the screenshot, from where it is said?

I remember seeing that gods were birthed from the will of humans, that would make any creation of the planet depicted in inverse myth inaccurate

What are you talking about? Tiamat being split created the ritual for creating World of Man, not the Planet. It formed Heaven and Earth.
Unlock: Primal Planet, Admiring the Sky
Tiamat is the womb that was cast aside after the world was created.
She is the Maternal Sea who was used as the soil to give birth to life, but once the Earth’s environment settled and ecosystems were established, Tiamat was deemed unnecessary and driven out into the world of imaginary numbers. (The Inner World. Lifeless imaginary number space, not a parallel universe.)
It's said her body was used as soil, which implies she created the land

Last edited:
I remember seeing that gods were birthed from the will of humans, that would make any creation of the planet depicted in inverse myth inaccurate
That has been either retconned by FGO due to changes, mainly the Machine Gods being an example.

Even if that wouldn't be retconned, there's no reason it would be inaccurate, you're forgetting that a lot of Gods are unaffected by the time axis. Meaning it would go like this

Human's thoughts (present) > Creation of Gods (past) > Creation of Man (past) > Human's Thoughts

Making it a paradoxical cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back