• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh (f/sn) downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ea was a pixie stick that did nothing but be a big attack in fate route. Get it right
You joke, but in all seriousness, he did say “Enuma Elish”.

Anyway, the main point is Gil wasn’t holding back as said here at 11:31.

That is right before he unleash Ea on Artoria.

“All right, I will not hold back in that case.” said by Gil.

Again, assuming everyone is watching the same scene, you can tell he was not willing to hold back on Artoria

I'm not joking. Fate route had a much different view on Enuma Elish

Show me where the thousands of weapons are being yeeted at Artoria at once from the sky to literally be as numerous as the stars in the night sky.

Oh, right.

“All right, I will not hold back in that case.” said by Gil.

Again, assuming everyone is watching the same scene, you can tell he was not willing to hold back on Artoria

FSFGateOfBabylon.jpg

Look at this shit and tell me Gil wasn't holding back in fate route

Also, in the visual novel, the narrator also went into details of what Gil’s attack was gonna do in the visual novel so explain to me
I'm not joking. Fate route had a much different view on Enuma Elish

Show me where the thousands of weapons are being yeeted at Artoria at once from the sky to literally be as numerous as the stars in the night sky.

Oh, right.
Different view on Enuma Elish? You gonna been kidding me as the Visual Novel literally described Enuma Elish in full detail on what exactly his attack was gonna do especially since it still involve him charging it with his own energy.

Anyway, the chant was added later on to make it more dramatic

Also why are you using Gate of Babylon as a counterpoint when we both know that Gil’s most powerful noble phantasm is Ea?

He have to take Ea out of his GOB (Not that it matters as once he get Ea out, he was gonna do it more seriously)

Last edited:
Also, in the visual novel, the narrator also went into details of what Gil’s attack was gonna do in the visual novel so explain to me

Different view on Enuma Elish? You gonna been kidding me as the Visual Novel literally described Enuma Elish in full detail on what exactly his attack was gonna do especially since it still involve him charging it with his own energy.

Anyway, the chant was added later on to make it more dramatic
So basically you don't have much to say against Gil holding back, because if you did, you would've posted a scan of Gil using more then like 10 weapons on Artoria. Fate/zero is another example of him using Enuma Elish and still holding back, hell, he literally impaled Iskandar with it.

Even then, why would one example weigh more then 2 examples even if you were right?
Also why are you using Gate of Babylon as a counterpoint when we both know that Gil’s most powerful noble phantasm is Ea?

Also, he still have to take Ea out of his GOB (Not that it matters as once he get Ea out, he was gonna do it anyway)
Because if Gil wasn't holding back, he would've killed her the second she was in range of GoB with enough weapons to make Wrecker blush.(star wars reference)

If you didn't see it in the image I posted, Gil was literally holding Ea and using GoB at the same time, do you honestly need more evidence that a serious Gil uses both, and since that was enkidu he was boxing, yeah, he knows what his friend can do.

So basically you don't have much to say against Gil holding back, because if you did, you would've posted a scan of Gil using more then like 10 weapons on Artoria. Fate/zero is another example of him using Enuma Elish and still holding back, hell, he literally impaled Iskandar with it.

Even then, why would one example weigh more then 2 examples even if you were right?

Because if Gil wasn't holding back, he would've killed her the second she was in range of GoB with enough weapons to make Wrecker blush.(star wars reference)

If you didn't see it in the image I posted, Gil was literally holding Ea and using GoB at the same time, do you honestly need more evidence that a serious Gil uses both, and since that was enkidu he was boxing, yeah, he knows what his friend can do.
I like to note though he doesn’t need to use both GOB and Ea as shown in his fight against Kiara and Best Mom beast (Tiamat).

Why in blood hell would he been willing to hold back against Artoria with Ea or the other two examples?

Edit: I forgot BB as he was using full power Ea against her.

Last edited:
Also IIRC Gil was in love with Artoria or something in the visual novel. Not that it means much.

Edit: Also, Fate Zero is released after Fate Stay Night, but is stated to being a parallel world to F/SN for some reason despite being set before the fifth Holy Grail War like years before the fifth one IIRC.

Last edited:
I like to note though he doesn’t need to use both GOB and Ea as shown in his fight against Kiara and Best Mom beast (Tiamat).

Why in blood hell would he been willing to hold back against Artoria with Ea or the other two examples?
Tiamat is weird, but I should note that Gil had a lot in front of him for that, dunno bout Kiara though, if I recall Enuma one-shots everything in CCC

Because he wanted Artoria to be his wife, that's a good reason to hold back, keep the woman alive.

Because he wanted Artoria to be his wife, that's a good reason to hold back, keep the woman alive
He tried to keep her alive throughout the route till their final confrontation on top of the fact Shirou has feelings for Artoria and Artoria loved Shirou in return.

Gilgamesh isn’t a idiot after all. He is a very prideful person, sure, but he definitely isn’t a idiot once he see that Artoria wouldn’t love him in return and having Shirou already gotten Artoria’s affection… Well, it wouldn’t even matter in that case

He tried to keep her alive throughout the route till their final confrontation on top of the fact Shirou has feelings for Artoria and Artoria loved Shirou in return.

Gilgamesh isn’t a idiot after all. He is a very prideful person, sure, but he definitely isn’t a idiot once he see that Artoria wouldn’t love him in return and having Shirou already gotten Artoria’s affection… Well, it wouldn’t even matter in that case
I dunno, he did kinda go nuts in UBW, and still was flirting with her when he was dying in fate route
Except for BB and she did dodge it because Moon Cell shenanigans IIRC although I would double check as it has been years
It would be best to check ye

I love how everyone is just blatantly ignoring that one of Gil's key personality flaws is that he's arrogant and confident in his abilities to a fault (Literally one of the reasons why he loses in the first vn.)
In fact, iirc, the only reason's why he stopped holding back in F/SF is that 1, Enkidu is there, someone he knows he can fight all out against, and moreso 2, Alcides showed up and made bro crap his pants :ROFLMAO:
But yeah ngl even if Gil himself is saying he's going all out, I's suggest to take it with a grain of salt, simply due to how he is as a character

note that Gil had a lot in front of him for that,
You mean Tiamat needed to get dragged into the Underworld, Merlin’s help, KH applying the concept of death, and on top of that, make sure Tiamat stays in the underworld doesn’t negate the fact he was gonna do full power Ea on her especially since she is a threat that he see no need to hold back on TBH.
I dunno, he did kinda go nuts in UBW, and still was flirting with her when he was dying in fate route
True, but it doesn’t negate the fact he wasn’t holding back on Artoria especially when her Noble Phantasm Excalibur is admittingly powerful in their own right. Not up with Ea obviously, but enough for him to take her seriously and just dropping full power Ea so if anything, he just do it if he being serious.

I love how everyone is just blatantly ignoring that one of Gil's key personality flaws is that he's arrogant and confident in his abilities to a fault (Literally one of the reasons why he loses in the first vn.)
In fact, iirc, the only reason's why he stopped holding back in F/SF is that 1, Enkidu is there, someone he knows he can fight all out against, and moreso 2, Alcides showed up and made bro crap his pants :ROFLMAO:
But yeah ngl even if Gil himself is saying he's going all out, I's suggest to take it with a grain of salt, simply due to how he is as a character
Only reason I didn't bring that up is cause I just want to argue right now, even for dumb shit lmfao

love how everyone is just blatantly ignoring that one of Gil's key personality flaws is that he's arrogant and confident in his abilities to a fault (Literally one of the reasons why he loses in the first vn.)
Not all the time. Hell, the only reason why Gilgamesh lost in the final confrontation with Artoria is simply because of Shirou holding Avalon inside his body ie. Plot armor

I not ignoring the fact Gil is arrogant, but it is not like that all the time especially if we gonna ignore examples where he is willing to being serious against a opponent he deems worthy with using Ea as the nuke.

That is like ignoring what happened in Fate Extra CCC, Babylonia, and the list goes on.

You mean Tiamat needed to get dragged into the Underworld, Merlin’s help, KH applying the concept of death, and on top of that, make sure Tiamat stays in the underworld doesn’t negate the fact he was gonna do full power Ea on her especially since she is a threat that he see no need to hold back on TBH.
Well everything here was because of her immortalities, Merlin's help is the only thing that can be argued to be lowering her durability.
And even then, it would probably not be enough to dismiss Gil's feat in this situation.

I not ignoring the fact Gil is arrogant, but it is not like that all the time especially if we gonna ignore examples where he is willing to being serious against a opponent he deems worthy with using Ea as the nuke.

That is like ignoring what happened in Fate Extra CCC, Babylonia, and the list goes on.
Babylonia is explicitly an exception, seeing as that's an older and wiser Gil, the man isn't motivated by how much fun he's having during Babylonia

I'm not commenting on the rest so you're got getting argued with by multiple people on one subject

Also taking it with a grain of salt is also ignoring what both the narrator and Gil say himself too in the visual novel as I do think his feat on dropping Ea on Artoria still counts

Babylonia is explicitly an exception, seeing as that's an older and wiser Gil, the man isn't motivated by how much fun he's having during Babylonia

I'm not commenting on the rest so you're got getting argued with by multiple people on one subject
Yeah, with Gil dying twice in Babylonia tbh.

Even, we also not ignore the context for each individual scene and assuming it should taken as a grain of salt feels like it dismissing the fact Gil doesn’t hold back all the time.

Hell IIRC, Shirou even admit Gil could kill him with Ea if he got it out sooner and everything he did with UBW (Reality Marble) to counter Gil’s GOB is for nothing. Also in the anime, Gil was actually winning against Shirou since Shirou couldn’t maintain his reality marble for that long although I would double check on the anime version and the UBW route too

Also also

Read Fate/Strange Fake and then tell me that was Gil not holding back in Fate route.
Tbh it's easier to claim that it's a Retcon rather than Gil was holding back, F/SF came out over 11 years after F/SN and Nasu has gone on record multiple times saying that he adjusted the power of the verse given the fact that the scale of FGO had changed his plans etc... A lot of shit can change in 11 years.

Last edited:
Tbh it's easier to claim that it's a Retcon rather than Gil wasn't holding back, F/SF came out over 11 years after F/SN and Nasu has gone on record multiple times saying that he adjusted the power of the verse given the fact that the scale of FGO had changed his plans etc... A lot of shit can change in 11 years.
why did I never think of this

Gil wasn't holding back, F/
Personally, I feel like it is the opposite rather than him holding back as there are definitely instances of him taking individuals and not holding back.

Case in point, Fate Extra CCC which was years after F/SN as well so it definitely more like a retcon in some ways.

BB and Kiara comes to mind.

Honestly some of my bigger issues with the F/SN Ea stuff is that the power level of Fate was quite a bit different at that time iirc and in general what stuff was capable of has changed, Ea didnt destroy Avalon in F/SN but that doesnt mean it can’t now especially with how much the general power of the series has increased.

Honestly some of my bigger issues with the F/SN Ea stuff is that the power level of Fate was quite a bit different at that time iirc and in general what stuff was capable of has changed, Ea didnt destroy Avalon in F/SN but that doesnt mean it can’t now especially with how much the general power of the series has increased.
There was a statement from FGO material book that does say something about that. It is from a 2016 material book too https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Fate/Grand_Order_material_I

Also can been brought from Amazon as well.

[v] Fate/Grand Order material I - Enuma Elish​

Enuma Elish.
The creation of a spatial severance (空間切断, kuukan setsudan?) by the Sword of Separation (乖離剣, Kairi Ken?), Ea.
Compressed (圧縮され, ashuku-sare?), intertwined (絡み合う, karami-au?) stratifications (断層, dansou?) of wind (風圧, fuuatsu?, lit. "wind pressure") become as a virtual (擬似的な, gijiteki-na?, lit. "quasi-, pseudo-, virtual") dislocation of space-time (時空断層, jikuu dansou?, lit. "space-time stratification / fault / dislocation"), annihilating any who would stand in opposition.
Aside from holding an armor class (アーマークラス?) of sufficient magnitude to Anti-Purging (対粛清, tai-shukusei?, lit. "resisting Purging"), or enacting mutual negation (相殺, sousatsu?) via an attack that inflicts the same order of damage, the damage rendered cannot be defended against.

So at full power, Ea can not normally been defended against unless you have Anti Purging or having a attack that is on the same order of damage, you are pretty much screwed

Don't see how this hasnt come up yet, just generally when comes to the amount of feats, statements and showings we have for a lot of stuff they've gotten more impressive over the years.

People seem to forget that F/SN was the very first installment of the franchise and Nasu has never been the most consistent writer too, so obviously there's gonna be a bunch of retcons/power creep here and there as more stuff gets introduced.

EA is simply one of those instances like he barely uses it in F/SN he only really used it proper un F/HA. So with Nasu coming out and saying stuff like FGO made him buff other stories etc.. it shouldn't come as a surprise that a retcon like this took place

the op wants to downgrade the whole verse since tiamat was killed by a 3D or 4D weapon and she Is a Higher dimensional being💀

Don't see how this hasnt come up yet, just generally when comes to the amount of feats, statements and showings we have for a lot of stuff they've gotten more impressive over the years.

People seem to forget that F/SN was the very first installment of the franchise and Nasu has never been the most consistent writer too, so obviously there's gonna be a bunch of retcons/power creep here and there as more stuff gets introduced.

EA is simply one of those instances like he barely uses it in F/SN he only really used it proper un F/HA. So with Nasu coming out and saying stuff like FGO made him buff other stories etc.. it shouldn't come as a surprise that a retcon like this took place
Although I not sure on the Strange Fake example as it pretty much still show he can definitely destroy the earth if not Enkidu outright matching him with his NP.

Also Avalon hasn’t been brought up a lot (The place, not the NP) as people also forgetting it was only the NP that blocked the attack, not the land or anything.

The fact it mention Anti Purging implies he couldn’t necessarily bypass a defensive noble phantasm (Granted, one of the more powerful defensive noble phantasm)

Tbf, Gilgamesh even admit in the visual novel he wasn’t holding back during their final confrontation and I seriously doubt that isn’t the case of him holding back as he was already overpowering Excalibur in a clash.
I am aware he implied that but the issue of how ea appeared in strange fake and how it did in fate stay night exists.

In strange fake for the first time we got to see ea live up to its description outside of that.... Well especially in stay night; we never got that luxury heck even Fate zero does a better job by showing us a glimpse of that amidst gilgamesh destroying iskandars reality marble.
Brother he was no diffing her even even with a casual ea. Why would he hold back I wonder.

I am aware he implied that but the issue of how ea appeared in strange fake and how it did in fate stay night exists.

In strange fake for the first time we got to see ea live up to its description outside of that.... Well especially in stay night; we never got that luxury heck even Fate zero does a better job by showing us a glimpse of that amidst gilgamesh destroying iskandars reality marble.

Brother he was no diffing her even even with a casual ea. Why would he hold back I wonder.

Even nothing points to it being a causal Ea given how the narrator gives a lot of details on what exactly Ea is gonna do to her.

Also the claim he was holding back literally contradicted what was portrayed in F/SN as him saying the name of the attack during their final confrontation in the Fate route.

Also as point out earlier by Fallen, we talked about F/SF and Fate Zero which released years later after F/SN so obviously it ain’t him “holding back”. More like retcon that intentionally changes things around.

Also on top of that, there is also the FGO guidebook that pretty much went into detail that you normally can not defend against Full power EA unless you have a armor class equivalent to Anti Purging or a attack on a similar scale to that of Full Power Ea so if anything, it still holds up to some ways.

Anyway, since we kinda derailed with the topic of Gil using Ea at full power in specific instances and other things, back to the proposal which I am neutral, but not agreeing with it in some areas.

Putting aside the bad quality of the op and various of the arguments brought through, why I thread like this was even made when there is currently a big thread that will affect the cosmology? Like, op, could you please at least wait until the important thread is finished instead of just disperse people focus? Additionally, if against the rules to have more than 3 crt for the same verse open at the same time:
  • A single verse shouldn't have more than 3 content revisions threads running simultaneously. If 3 are already running, one of them should be concluded before a new one is created.
And there already exist 3 different crts for the verse currently open, plus other threads from you, and this not even counting the Mooncell one that you made the exact same day as this one, so please calm the spam or I will need to report you (since spaming is an actual rule violation).

I just wanted to add on that in Fate/complete material III: World material - Theory of Magic - Magecraft: Effects on the Level of True Magic, p.049

This is mentioned
•Avalon: The Everdistant Utopia
The matching “scabbard” of the holy sword Excalibur. The wielder does not age, and injuries will also quickly heal.
After invoking its true name, Avalon dissipates as tiny particles into the air, and shields the wielder from all interference. No damage can be done to the wielder when a state of absolute defence is initiated. Even interference from the parallel world based on the Second Magic will be blocked. An “absolute defence” that can even repel the assault of True Magic, it is a True Magic in itself. No one can harm the tranquil King that stands in the land of Avalon.
When Avalon was unleashed, not even the King of Heroes could harm Sabre.
So yeah it seems to be that Avalon couldn't be penetrated back then or EA can't pierce through the NP and the NP is an exception to EA's power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back