• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

gildedguy vs garou (8-6-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Jade is more skilled than the guy with thousands of years of combat skill and GG matched and then beat her?

How in the hell does that say nothing regarding GG's skill lol

@WeeklyBattles

He didn't beat here with "skill" it wasn't a direct fight, he distracted her to get his sword which made her let her guard down while trying to prevent a statue from falling and then he hit her, moments before he got downed by her spear. That wasn't a real fight on both sides.

Because it doesn't explain how these fights end or how GG won/lost. Not all of these fights are straight up brawls and lot of them are won through other means with the Bog and Jade fight being an example of this.

As mentioned before, actual skill feats > x years of fighting. And winning against someone more skilled than you doesn't really mean you're more skilled than them.

It's very common for someone with far less experienced to win against a far more experienced and skilled opponent with wit, or other factors. I.E, Naruto vs Neji.

@Dienomite I think we're talking about different fights, im referring to the long fight he had with Jade in the RHG arena where he only lost due to her breaking his armor with her strongest attack

@KG Okay then, FLLFFL spent his entire life becoming a master swordsman, the bar none most skilled of his time, wielding a sword that no one else on the planet could properly control due to it being armed with a rocket propulsion system that caused the weapon to be virtually uncontrollable to anyone who didnt have a lifetime mastery of it, had his arm blown off and only became more skilled as a result to make up for his lost limb.

Umbrella killed him with relative ease and Jade is more skilled than Umbrella.

@WeeklyBattles

I think we're talking about different fights, im referring to the long fight he had with Jade in the RHG arena where he only lost due to her breaking his armor with her strongest attack

Beating Jade
, who is widely recognized as the most skilled member of the Nemesis Clan of which each member on their own is a master fighter capable of taking on entire armies of other master fighters and includes members like Umbrella, who was able to solo almost all of Nemesis, and Benjamin (RHG) who...well ill let his intelligence section speak for itself.

What?.jpg

Okay, so he lost, against Jade in a fair match.You can't say he beat her if he lost the match.

@Unoriginal Memes

That's the one he was talking about at first because it's the only one where GG COULD be said to have ""beaten"" Jade but then he switched it to this fight, hence saying "disqualified for armor being destroyed".

Look whether Gildedguy beat her or not isn't exactly the point. It's that he's able to contend with her or anyone in RHG to begin with. All RHG fighters are extremely skilled. Gildedguy stalemated Bog but managed to fight on even ground with skill and Bog is someone that has TONS of fighting experience with many other very skilled RHG's.

Basically it's cross scaling skill. Gildedguy would simply scale in skill to a degree to other RHGs since considering Bog has easily taken out extremely skilled RHGs like Blue (no profile), Malus (no profile), Syn (no profile...), and Hue (ugh no profile).

Bog also went up against One (Rock Hard Gladiators) too who matched FLLFFL the most skilled swordsman in the verse and is someone that can amp speeds to where everyone is motionless.

So yes Gildedguy just surviving the encounter with Bog is a massive feat and being able to contend evenly within Jade in general is another one (even barely holding his own when weaponless).

Anyways, i do agree that GG seems to be more skilled and by a good margin. But Garou's RE is simply so absurd that it should guarantee him the win.

@KGiffoni well there's also Gildedguy's big defense advantage to consider as well but you're not wrong about Garou's RE being better. It's just Gildedguy starts with the AP and durability advantage (one that increases as well) while having a very solid defense.

AP and Durability at the start are meaningless when taking in account the speed of Garou's RE, i mean, that's the reason he beats people way stronger than him all the time. And if GG allows Garou to evolve even if only by brief seconds then he gets completly blitzed.

@Nico-v11

GG never managed to contend with Bog in skilled hand to hand combat, they never traded blows (except in the mind **** portion which doesn't translate to actual fighting) because bog only tried to mind rape him while GG was doing all the hitting. Jade being skilled in a verse of skilled combatants doesn't do anything nor explain her skill.I am pretty familiar with RHG and I know a good bit about alot of characters in the verse, RHG's skill is being overestimated here seemingly based on them being in a verse were fights happen alot. They have awesome skill and are definitely above average but we don't know anything besides that were as with Garou we know his skill and seen how great he is and has superior skill feats here that are easy to list as shown above.

Give me skill feats that are superior to Garou's and Jade and GG would "scale" to and I'll concede this point.

WeeklyBattles said:
@KG Okay then, FLLFFL spent his entire life becoming a master swordsman, the bar none most skilled of his time, wielding a sword that no one else on the planet could properly control due to it being armed with a rocket propulsion system that caused the weapon to be virtually uncontrollable to anyone who didnt have a lifetime mastery of it, had his arm blown off and only became more skilled as a result to make up for his lost limb.
Umbrella killed him with relative ease and Jade is more skilled than Umbrella.
I think this is decent proof.

Literally just look at White Han vs Yoyo which demonstrates undeniable incredible combat skill. Yoyo fights on equal grounds with One (Rock Hard Gladiators) as they have fought (and are brothers). This then translates to One fighting FLLFFL, then FLLFFL fighting Umbrella who then in turn fights Jade who then in turn fights Gildedguy.

Or from One fighting Bog to Bog fighting Gildedguy. Which btw they exchanged blows throughout the whole fight with Gildedguy parrying, blocking, outmaneuvering, and fighting smart (figuring out weaknesses like fire) along with beating the absolute crap out of Bog for a good portion of the fight (but alas Bog's overpowered regen is a thing).

Also I seriously have no idea where you got the "GG neve managed to contend with Bog in skill hand to hand combat, they never traded blows" part because we see GG beating Bog to a pulp with his fists then stabbing Bog in the face with his sword.

@Nico-v11

Literally just look at White Han vs Yoyo which demonstrates undeniable incredible combat skill. Yoyo fights on equal grounds with One (Rock Hard Gladiators) as they have fought (and are brothers). This then translates to One fighting FLLFFL, then FLLFFL fighting Umbrella who then in turn fights Jade who then in turn fights Gildedguy.

Yoyo fought FLLFFL not One and Yoyo won (My favorite RHG fight) and Umbrella beat an older FLLFFL who was unwilling to kill. And I'm not seeing anything here skill wise (as in would be impressive or on Garou's level)

Or from One fighting Bog to Bog fighting Gildedguy. Which btw they exchanged blows throughout the whole fight with Gildedguy parrying, blocking, outmaneuvering, and fighting smart (figuring out weaknesses like fire) along with beating the absolute crap out of Bog for a good portion of the fight (but alas Bog's overpowered regen is a thing).

Also I seriously have no idea where you got the "GG neve managed to contend with Bog in skill hand to hand combat, they never traded blows" part because we see GG beating Bog to a pulp with his fists then stabbing Bog in the face with his sword.

Yous must've missed the part where Bog was attempting to """assimilate""" and mindfuck GG and not land direct hits while ******* with his mind and laughing off GG's attacks with regen but I'll post the fight for others to decide:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQL-ixTcqWU&t

@WeeklyBattles

Umbrella flat out saying that shes more skilled than him

Where was this? was this recent?

"Yoyo fought FLLFFL not One and Yoyo won (My favorite RHG fight) and Umbrella beat an older FLLFFL who was unwilling to kill. And I'm not seeing anything here skill wise (as in would be impressive or on Garou's level)"

Yes Yoyo fought One in the "One vs Many Prelude." They had a confrontation there.

Bog was actively trying to kill GG throughout the fight and only decided to assimilate GG when GG was tired and weakened. Every other moment was meant to be straight up trying to kill Gildedguy.

Anyway yeah Yoyo DID also fight FLLFFL which again would add along to the previously stated chain. Yoyo gets extra points though since he's the co-leader of Hyun's Dojo (the other being Hyun the party hat character....which I don't even know where I would start for making a profile of).

@Nico-v11

Yes Yoyo fought One in the "One vs Many Prelude." They had a confrontation there.

Anyway yeah Yoyo DID also fight FLLFFL which again would add along to the previously stated chain. Yoyo gets extra points though since he's the co-leader of Hyun's Dojo (the other being Hyun the party hat character....which I don't even know where I would start for making a profile of).

I would already put the scaling (just scaling) for most cases of their fights like this Yoyo >=< One > FLFFL since it's all inconsistant from match up to match up with some being FLFFL > YoYo or One >>Yoyo. But once again these are all difficult to comprehend as skill feats. It's like saying martial artist A defeated or contended with martial artist B and that martial artists beat martial artist C so that means martial artist A is very skilled and compared to Garou who performed x numerous skilled feats. All we know is that they're skilled but not the depth of the skill and what you guys are doing to determine that is by scaling skill and not taking the feats of the characters themselves because frankly....there is a lack of them besides a few statements. This is a problem because it's scaling skill without feats and neglecting the indiviual reasons and outcomes in the battles themselves.

Bog was actively trying to kill GG throughout the fight and only decided to assimilate GG when GG was tired and weakened. Every other moment was meant to be straight up trying to kill Gildedguy.

He was trying to kill GG by ******* with him, he was casually toying with him in the real world and throwing him around, cracking his armor and messing with his mind and using regen, all while smiling.The first thing we see Bog trying to do to GG is absorb his sword, the next get into his armor, the next push him and toss him around while mimicking Jade and Nimesis to get in GG's brain and then on and on we see GG and his armor broken from Bog's punishment while Bog is comepletely fine and smiling while having the full chance to kill him and, as shown before, easily has the strength to do so but he intentionally waited until GG cut himself to let him in and control him because Bog thought he could take him over but that failed.

Dienomite22 said:
All we know is that they're skilled but not the depth of the skill and what you guys are doing to determine that is by scaling skill and not taking the feats of the characters themselves because frankly....there is a lack of them besides a few statements. This is a problem because it's scaling skill without feats and neglecting the indiviual reasons and outcomes in the battles themselves.
Is that not what is being done with garou as well? All of the skill feats brought up for him come from beating other skilled people

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
You're really giving no evidence on why he's more skilled. Fighting someone with hundreds of years of experience, compared what we've stated, including:
  • Prior to the series starting was already a master of multiple martial arts by virtue of his dojo crushing hobby and user of WSRSF wich is one of the strongest martial arts in the verse.
  • Was able to copy techniques after seeing them only once,the most notorious being WICF, who is used by master comparable to bang.
  • Can dodge and counterattack against someone capable of blitzing his reaction and movement speed through analytical prediction.
  • Was able to deflect blows from Metal Bat with WSRSF and stated that if a single blow connected he would have lost instantly.
  • Copying and developing countermeasures to fighting styles he only saw once, and evolving his martial skill,speed and physical strenght to be above a guy who broke through his WSRSF and his chest with a single strike in a little more than a few exchanges of blow.
  • Was able to fight two people easily comparable after fighting Metal Bat, getting whooped by Watchdog Man, oneshot into unconsciousness by Saitama, fighting multiple A and B class heroes, getting poisoned, fighting Genos, fighting Bang, resting for a bit, whilst not even a full health.
  • Keep in mind, the person who gave Garou Immortality Type 2 was one shot in the rematch.
Not giving much for pain tolerence either, Garou literally has Immortality Type 2, lol.
@WeeklyBattles

Lol, no.This isn't the only post explaining his skill.

Scaling skill isn't even bad normally but in a verse with flexuating battle outcomes, characters with unique powers/tactics, joke battles and little to no explanation on skills and abilities, it's easy to see how scaling skill could be an issue verses say Baki, Kengan Asura or Garou who have skill feats and faced opponents with determined and undeniable skill or abilities, skill scaling are fine in these examples.

RHG does have explanations in skills and Abilities tho, and we dont use joke battles, and what fluxuating outcomes are you referring to? Scaling skill is fine for rhg, they have clear cut and consistent feats of skill

@WeeklyBattles

RHG does have explanations in skills and Abilities tho

Where at? and is it official?

what fluxuating outcomes are you referring to?

I went into alittle bit earlier, things like Flffl vs yoyo with yoyo winning but other Flffl v Yoyo fights where Yoyo loses, things like that I used to dislike alot in rhg fights.

Scaling skill is fine for rhg

I humbly disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back