• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

gildedguy vs garou (8-6-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coconut man should take it. His range with his sword surpasses Garou's and well...given what he did to Bog, Garou shouldn't exactly have a good means of countering that, coupled with the AP and rage power.

Low-Mid won't help him getting hacked to bits. It's still a sword. It's sharp. He can't tank a hit, let alone by one that trumps him in power. So Gildedguy clearing the field would kill him.

I don't see how anyone can really vote for GG here, almost all of his win conditions have been rendered null and no one has answered how skilled GG himself is besides scaling him to characters he lost against and because he's in a world were people fight alot. Whereas with Garou we have skill feats, superior stat amping and evolution, attack reflection that would definitely work on GG and so on and so fourth. All GG has that no one can't deny is range, which Garou has been shown to counter via speed amping, and AP, which is already established to not be a factor here and something Garou counters with reactive evolution and attack deflection/reflection.

The real cal howard said:
Low-Mid won't help him getting hacked to bits. It's still a sword. It's sharp. He can't tank a hit, let alone by one that trumps him in power. So Gildedguy clearing the field would kill him.
It's not in one-shot territory so this is irrelevent unless we take sharpess of sword as a factor in match ups now.

Skill becomes a moot point if both characters have enough of it, which Gilded does by looking at his fights. There's also the fact that Garou has been beaten before without auto-evolving past the strength needed to overcome it.

It's not in one-shot territory so this is irrelevent unless we take sharpess of sword as a factor in match ups now.

But we...do already. Unlike punches or beams, swords cut people. If both of us are 4-C at the same level, I swing my sword at your head and you don't block it, your head's coming off.

@The real cal howard

Post GG's skill feats then. We've been asking for examples or logical reasonings for his skills being comparable to Garou but none of the discussions could be concluded and are forgotten. Garou's evolution only has been countered by people who far outclassed him in every regard, which GG doesn't.

Watch Dog man outclassed him in every regard and Garou was weak when he fought WDM. The Garou being used here is the monster association Garou who is far stronger than almost all OPM's strongest 7-A's and is all about evolving.

In verse it's explained that's because Watchdog fights and moves like a beast,wich makes it hard to predict and apply martial arts against him,since Garou never fought an opponent like that.

besides Watchdogman is a real mistery because we never saw him fight serious or have an upper limit(wich is why some people joke that he's Saitama in a fursuit),Garou fought him in his 7-B Key(peak-human) all we know so far about Watchdog is that he can beat demons with utter ease and is efficient at protecting his city.

@The real cal howard

I already watched his fights and explained why Bog vs Gilded Guy isn't even impressive as a skill feat for GG in a post above that hasn't been contested iirc.

And in contrast what has Garou done that was more than just AP'ing people to death? Actually asking, not being sarcastic.

Attack reflection with WSRF?

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
You're really giving no evidence on why he's more skilled. Fighting someone with hundreds of years of experience, compared what we've stated, including:
  • Prior to the series starting was already a master of multiple martial arts by virtue of his dojo crushing hobby and user of WSRSF wich is one of the strongest martial arts in the verse.
  • Was able to copy techniques after seeing them only once,the most notorious being WICF, who is used by master comparable to bang.
  • Can dodge and counterattack against someone capable of blitzing his reaction and movement speed through analytical prediction.
  • Was able to deflect blows from Metal Bat with WSRSF and stated that if a single blow connected he would have lost instantly.
  • Copying and developing countermeasures to fighting styles he only saw once, and evolving his martial skill,speed and physical strenght to be above a guy who broke through his WSRSF and his chest with a single strike in a little more than a few exchanges of blow.
  • Was able to fight two people easily comparable after fighting Metal Bat, getting whooped by Watchdog Man, oneshot into unconsciousness by Saitama, fighting multiple A and B class heroes, getting poisoned, fighting Genos, fighting Bang, resting for a bit, whilst not even a full health.
  • Keep in mind, the person who gave Garou Immortality Type 2 was one shot in the rematch.
Not giving much for pain tolerence either, Garou literally has Immortality Type 2, lol.
Not to mention copied and mastered his opponents techniques and moves, creating his own fighting style out of it

And the only times Garou really "AP'ing people" is only after he evolves which is just because he's massively superior to them in power but he still used techniques against those he seen as comparable or superior.

Like that matters with the sheer difference in skill and superior reactive evolution and I'm pretty sure Garou is used to blade attacks, going to check.

And in contrast what has Garou done that was more than just AP'ing people to death? Actually asking, not being sarcastic.
My favorite is his fight against Darkshine https://********.org/chapter/55484/3

He gets his WSRF and Thorax Broken by a technique he couldn't reflect, changes his technique by combining multiple martial arts in order to skillstomp and in a short span of time RE makes him block a punch from that guy casually.

I don't see any sword deflection, or deflection at all (all I saw was dodging), especially given he outpowered those dudes as opposed to the inverse happening here.

There's a difference between a blunt weapon and a bladed weapon, as I stated before
By this logic, GG would have cut Jade's head clean.

outpowered those dudes as opposed to the inverse happening here.
two pages before he hurt his hand trying to punch that guy, and one page before he deflected ripper's attacks, who has literal blades for hands Royal Ripper

I don't see any sword deflection, or deflection at all (all I saw was dodging), especially given he outpowered those dudes as opposed to the inverse happening here.
Dude, at that current point in time Garou was WEAKER than them. And do you not see Garou's hand movement streams, which are circular and fluid, quite clearly deflecting the straight, jaded bladed streams??

Garou has experience dealing with blade users such as Royal Ripper, Stinger, Atomic Samurai...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back