• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

gildedguy vs garou (8-6-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since both EC scaling to Gouketsu and the scaling chain are wrong, I think that leaves us with Garou being around baseline scaling to Bang, who got his tier for being drastically stronger than people who are drastically stronger than people who are drastically stronger (and on and on) than a decently high city level.

i think i have it, Garou took hits from and traded blows with Bang who (with the help of Bomb) broke Elder Centipedes armour, who is comparable to Gouketsu, however since it was with help, Bangs ap is probably more like half Goukstsu´s giving Garou an ap of 101.577437859 megatons.

WeeklyBattles said:
Gildedguy scales to being able to harm Bog who was unharmed by 317 Megatons
If this is true this could very well be a stomp then? With the AP gap it looks like the difference is higher than 7x.

Garou is comparable to ~100 megatons while Gild stalemates someone who no-sells 317 megatons..

I don't see how that comes out to be a 7x difference. The Bog feat doesn't even represent some huge gap between himself and the attack, it's just not being visibly messed up. There shouldn't really be a reason for the 3x gap to more than double via scaling

to be fair garou´s whole shtick is beating opponents who are physically stronger than him.

Andytrenom said:
I don't see how that comes out to be a 7x difference. The Bog feat doesn't even represent some huge gap between himself and the attack, it's just not being visibly messed up. There shouldn't really be a reason for the 3x gap to more than double via scaling
Sorry, i thought he wasn't harmed by said attack. No visible damage is less of a gap.

Dunno, i think Garou can close the at least 3x gap. We've seen him close bigger gaps before.

I'll be off to do something, but when i come back i'll look better at Gild's profile and then vote.

It wasn't a "shit, nothing I can throw at this guy phases him" thing at least, it was just an ideal tanking feat at best, nothing that should scale him far above the feat

The level of gap definitely isn't as big as it was being made out to be

How exactly does Gild's reactive power level looks like in-battle? Is it as extensive and effective as Garou's?

Garou could go from being almost one-shot by Darkshine from overwhelming him in a few seconds. It boosts both his speed and strenght, and probably other stuff as well. His H2H experience is way higher as well, and WSRSF can reflect attacks. Garou can go up to High 6-A with reactive evolution as we've seen it.

Yes it is exactly like that, though I doubt garou would be allowed to become high 6-A here, though I doubt garou has better h2h experience

To quote Nico:

"Ok so as far as RHG skill is concerned let me put it this way. Imagine a verse where absolutely EVERYTHING relies on fighting. The very purpose of a character's existence is to fight. As a result you have characters that have displayed a metric **** ton of different abilities, skills, weapons, martial arts, and fighting styles.

All of this plus all of these characters fighting between each other meaning most of them have varied experience of fighting unorthodox opponents of all kinds. Take someone like FLFFL (no Profile yet). Who has over ten official battles in RHG which means he's fought enemies with tentacles, STUPIDLY HIGH speed amps, explosive Yo-yos, weaponized umbrellas that are also guns, hand to hand fighter experts, bow experts, and much more.

Even fighting the guy with the umbrellas is a high skill feat since that guy has fought a whole other load of varied and skilled characters of all kinds."

Gilded guy has fought and outmatched one of the most skilled veteran fighters in the entire verse as well as fought and stalemate a guy who skills topped another of the most skilled fighters

i do want to point out that on their profiles gildedguy is an expert swordsman and an expert hand to hand combatant with high intellegence where as garou is a master martial artist with quite high intellegence, im just saying.

Bob8999 said:
i do want to point out that on their profiles gildedguy is an expert swordsman and an expert hand to hand combatant with high intellegence where as garou is a master martial artist with quite high intellegence, i mean im just saying.
Master > expert, right?

He should be considered a master, even the bottom of the barrel guys in RHG exceed irl master swordsmen in skill by leaps and bounds

Also Gilded guy beat jade with nothing but his bare hands until the very very end of the fight, that alone speaks volumes for his h2h skill

i know that as the op argueing on my own thread aint the best but meh... garou beat tank top master, nearly beat metal bat, (both S-class heroes. meaning they are the best of the best at what they do.) took on and defeated several A-class heroes at the same time (while he was injured and poisoned.) fought bang (one of the best martial artists in one-punch man) and before he became the hero hunter (before he was even high 7-C let alone 7-A) he won a martial arts tournament and beat most of bangs pupils so bad that all but one quit (same bang as before meaning his pupils should also be quite good). so im pretty sure garou has skill in the bag.

Some of Gildedguys feats include:

Beating Jade, who is widely recognized as the most skilled member of the Nemesis Clan of which each member on their own is a master fighter capable of taking on entire armies of other master fighters and includes members like Umbrella, who was able to solo almost all of Nemesis, and Benjamin (RHG) who...well ill let his intelligence secrion speak for itself.

He also beat Bog, who in turn beat Blue, who is one of the most skilled swordsmen in the entire verse

Oof.

Not sure if WSRSF can be avoided/negated/etc by overall H2H experience. It has only been shown to fail in case the attack it's trying to reflect is way stronger than the user of WSRSF.

Garou's skill feats:

Prior to the series starting was already a master of multiple martial arts by virtue of his dojo crushing hobby and user of WSRSF wich is one of the strongest martial arts in the verse.

Was able to copy techniques after seeing them only once,the most notorious being WICF, who is used by master comparable to bang.

Can dodge and counterattack against someone capable of blitzing his reaction and movement speed through analytical prediction.

Was able to deflect blows from Metal Bat with WSRSF and stated that if a single blow connected he would have lost instantly.

Can amp himself with abandonment

Gildedguy's amp is equal to garou's but Gildedguy is starting with the ap advantage so it's unlikely that garou will catch up ap or speed wise

well half monster garou (the 7-A one) was able to (temporarily) compete with and somewhat keep up with orochi (even after taking several hits from him he kept going.) after just a few seconds to minutes of fighting.

It took Gildedguys a few seconds to go from being stomped by Jade to being completely undamaged by her attacks

if i remember that fight correctly i wouldnt say he was undamaged, he just realised he couldnt beat her without his sword so he started wrecking stuff to distract her while he grabbed his sword and caught her by suprise. although we may be thinking of diffrent fights here´s the one i was thinking of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDGlYxtCK1o. and besides jade aint a possibly tier 6 character as far as im aware so the gap gilded overcame should be smaller then garous.

No in the fight im referring to he went from being stomped to backhanding her attacks away and literally walking through them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back