• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Getting older, weaker, having a son... Basically getting Nerfed.

In the new GoW, which continues the story of previous games, it's implied by several characters that Kratos got way older and way weaker at the same time. While someone would be able to call it a bluff, Baldur was capable of hurting him with trees and giant rocks.

And here's my question... Where's old Kratos currently standing? What should be his tier? Tier of Baldur, Atreus and other characters from the new GoW?

The thing that saddens me is the fact that Kratos will only get weaker and weaker from now on, which also was implied in the game by Kratos himself. It is a way of making the game more about his son, not him, and giving him challenge, but on the other hand, it's kinda a sad way of seeing him regress in terms of power and progress in terms of personality.

I'll agree that he regressed in power, but he did not regress in personality. In fact, GoW4 gives him even more personality. He may have lessened his anger, but that is just one of his traits; a part of a whole. He's arguably grown much more than he's ever been in the previous games combined.

I'm currently playing the GoW4 right now, and to me it seems like his normal strength has lessened but when he rages his strength returns to about what it used to be.

Remember this Kratos is holding back his rage and bloodlust, he also was trying not to draw any attention towards himself since he is in a foreign land and he left behind pretty much all of his gear and artifacts.I don't think his age will have much effect on him considering he is a god, also he hasn't had any serious combat in 100s of years apparently?

Why are people constantly misinformed about Krato's strength. He has gotten weaker at all. The only reason why you think he is weakened was because he was 'hurt' with a tree or a rock by another god...like chill. The man still has it. He was able to move a super heavy bridge. No clue how many tons, but it's reasonably as heavy as in feat in a older games. There is a comic explaining what you would call 'weaker'. In the digital comic he tests his rage against wolves and trolls by not fighting. He fails and kills the trolls with his bare hands.

Back