• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GetBackers Transcendential CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transcendential context proof and tier

Ok so after far too long, I finally got context on what the many, MANY statements of transcendence mean what they would give. Below will be every moment where certain characters have been stated to be "trancendent of time and space" (obviously not in a conceptual sense).

Ginji breaking through space-time (as explained by 1 of the most reliable sources in the series) and becoming "younger" through sheerly "existing beyond time". (1 of the best proofs of time transcendence i've stumbled upon as of rn in the manga).

Ginji exists outside of time and space that's why stuff like future, past and "remembering" are meaningless to him as he doesn't percieve past as "past" (transcends time, in the most blunt way it can be put).

Ginji pulled Raitei from across time and space (to absorb the negative feelings).

Yuuri's movements having a different visual look compared to normal movement and same for Ban in their 2nd fight inside the Beltline.

Paul Wan same as Ginji got back to his "young" self via "mastering time" and "go upstream"

Paul has transcended time and space.

Paul goes back from his prime to his old/current self without effort, by simply willing it

Raitei and Masaki could cause a low 2-C up to 2-A feat of Destruction if they were to clash due to the fact that they both channel the infinit fortress' nrg.

Ginji can ride Masaki's light between the gaps in space-time

The witch queen stating that if the members of the brain trust (all of the brain trust members have transcended time and space) are defeated the world itself will break. (idk what this means yet, but i'll try to figure it out as i keep reading).

Makubex interfered with the phase of the Archiver's virtual spacetime and sheltered the girl in hyperspace. And Raitei's plasma broke through the hyperspace.

Just to shed some light on the level of The Archiver and members of the brain trust. The archiver is a world building systemcreated to be the guardian of creation and responsabile for all that is the Get Backers verse (all of the universes, dimensions, paralel universes, past and all possible futures aswell, outside of real life, since the Get Backers is a virtual reality). Created by none other than the brain trust, (the dudes which the GB surpassed).

People like Kagami, Vodoo King, Masaki don't exist in the same "time" as the others.

The ogre battle disrupting spacetime to a point where the boundry between life and death is getting disrupted (Himiko's dead brother showed up and talked some sense into her, and while i would just say it's some spiritual stuff where she just sees his spirit or remembers her brother, but the fact that Kagami is also seeing her brother proves he is actually there).

The Witch Queen (the original holder of the Jagan and Divine Design) was so strong she actually stopped the Brain Trust and The Vodoo King's first attempt at choosing a future

The Archiver calls Kagami "transcendential" (gonna be explained later on).

Now to elaborate on Kagami's transcendence. He's fighting with Ban and he states that even among other brain trust members he is "special" (probably means much stronger than the others), and says that "Ban (who is not a transcendential being) and Him inhabit different time-frames" (different temporal dimensions). Kagami restates that he exists in a different time frame (temporal dimension) that's why Ban isn't able to follow his movements.

Kagami considers it "outrageous" for someone like Ban who isn't "transcendential" to manage to hurt him. And there is also the "ban is stopped part" just for good measure.And after Ban manages to cut his arm off there is still the same reaction on Kagami and even calls the feat (dmg-ing a transcendential being) "impossible".

I had these ready when i was reading the series, and these are iirc all the times where transcendential feats or stements were shown. Now at first people disagreed with these because of the lack of feats, but this was before the Low 2-C GetBackers was agreed upon. The fact that there are universal feats (at least universal that is, given how it may have resulted in a greater than universal scale destruction, not arguing that it should be more than Low 2-C on the profiles, just stating the facts), I believe i do not have to provide the scans for Low 2-C GB since this was already accepted by people before Monarch also helped with it. So i will just skip the point and go over to the main issue at hand that is transcendentials.

Transcendentials are characters who exist beyond "the virtual multiverse". Although it is first described as "being above time and space" it is later on revealed that the transcendentials are either inhabitants of the real world (like Akabane), or ex-inhabitants of the real world (like Kagami).

These people actually exist outside of the time and space of the multiverse of the archiver, completely transcending it. Which is what the "transcendence of time and space statements" actually say. Transcending the time and space of the multiverse is strictly only for the beings who exist as scientists in the real world and can affect it through the real world.

So the thing that wasn't adding up before was "they have no feats of nuking the multiverse, therefore they cannot be High 2-A" when it's not actually them that are High 2-A, it's their true self which is responsable for all their powers in their transcendential state.

The people who would scale to this are (out of the ones who have a profile):

Akabane Kuroudo

Ginji Amano

The Witch Quee

These are the only 3 who would have a new key being "true self" with High 2-A potency. This potency would scale only to their "Logic Hax" also called their "Hojutsu". Ban Midou would have High 2-A Potency through Logic Hax but he hasn't shown to have a true self in the real world, so he does not gain any of the transcendential traits or a new key (i will explain later why Ban scales at all).

Hojutsu/Logic
Now onto the "Logic Hax". There was some confusion before, due to it being named "logic" and having some statements like "that is the logic of infinity fortress" that this power does not exist (by people who haven't read the series), but is rather just a way of saying "that's how the world works". That is not the case. Hojutsu (another name for Logic Manipulation), is an actual power the residents of the beltline and the transcendentials can use. Hojutsu is a power that can be used to create souless beings from the archiver, destroy beings, nullify virtually any trait of a being etc. In verse it is impossible for a being possessing lower logic (betline residents) to beat beings who possess higher logic (transcendentials and Ban i will explain why ban scales below). Because the one possessing higher logic will just be toying with his opponent, not wishing for things to exist, deconstructing them, nullifying their abilities just by not believing their abilities could exist etc. The higher logic will always triumph which is why Akabane just sliced an immortal being and killed it for good, just because he wanted it to die, therefore his higher logic made it happen so. I won't be bothering to find every scene where logic has been used, you do get the idea why it is an actual power/ability from the multiple statements saying that "logic can make beings" "they used higher logic to destroy them" etc.

Furthermore, the "logic" of the world is not the same as our "logic". As in just because something seems illogical doesn't mean it is not bound by logic. As Himiko states, even the magic of Maria Noches that seemed irrational at first glance doesn't escape the bonds of Logic.

The users of Hojutsu would be:

Top Tiers
Ban Midou

Akabane Kuroudo

Ginji Amano
(after transcending to the real world)

The Witch Quee

These people have either all transcended the real world or for unknown reasons are capable of using the highest logic. Ban Midou being the latter. Although he was never shown to have a real life self. He was stated to possess the same logic as Akabane (higher logic), and fought on par with Akabane and eventually beat him, something (as i said) that's not possible if you're fighting a higher logic than your own. Furthermore he could beat Akabane despite Akabane not having been able to believe that he could lose (which would make the outcome of him losing non existent/not possible). Logic can furthermore be used to see the future as stated by Kagenuma. Furthermore it is arguable that Ban's logic is actually superior to that of Akabane, because Ban was actually able to overpower the one belief Kagenuma said Akabane still had, and that is "not being able to die" (there is a scan above of this). Which would imply that he overpowered his logic and negated his belief. But that's not a stated fact just something you get from the fight and the result. Anyway this is why Ban scales to the transcendential logic.

Mid tiers
Der Kaiser

The Voodoo King
(Although he's never shown he was capable of trashing Der Kaiser and his whole group casually, he is also a resident of the beltlne so he should be able to manipulate logic as well)

And some others who do not have a profile like Kagami (He only has mid tier logic because he is an ex resident, and not an actual resident), which lead to him being easily overpowered by Ban and strongly implied to be weaker than Akabane.

Low Tiers
Currently there are no profiles but this would scale only to Himiko i believe as her logic is exceptionally weak only being capable of stat amping and no other use. She is no resident of the beltline.

The Archiver
The archiver is not really gonna get any changes. Just a change i believe. Changing his tier to 2-B, likely 2-A until we get actual scans. This tier would scale to the Mid-Tier Logic users through their logic. As Der Kaiser for example can create beings from the archiver itself (Ban sent a logic monster created by Der Kaiser back to it's point of origin and it actually sent him back to simple data in the archvier).

Ok i believe that is all for now.

Here are some of the less frequently asked staff members that you can select from to ask to give input when there are no knowledgeable members available:

SomebodyData

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Monarch Laciel

Saikou The Lewd King

Gemmysaur

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

Andytrenom

Qawsedf234

Crabwhale

I don't think Transcending Space-time is enough for High 2-A rating. However, it can be enough to prove a solid lower Tier 2 rating because there are other Tier 2 supporting feats.

I will review the others later.

Transcending time and space in this case means transcending a 2-B->2-A multiverse. Transcending that is enough for a High 2-A rating.

This comment is really rude, @PrincessLoverDarsch. Rude comments could earn you bans if you keep continuing so I would advice you to stop with them.

Site Rules:

• Refrain from spamming, trolling, threatening, using derogatory comments of any form (ethnic, homophobic, belittling the disabled or mentally ill, etcetera), and rude, vulgar, sexist, etcetera offensive language.

Firephoenixearl said:
Transcending time and space in this case means transcending a 2-B->2-A multiverse. Transcending that is enough for a High 2-A rating.
If this case is correct, I would be fine with High 2-A.

I think everything else is fine though.

Yet they change the reality by thinking. Yes it definitely makes sense to disregard everything in a series for a simple statement.

@BMWFanboy (to PrincessLoverDarsch)

>decides to not counter OP's points and instead spouts objectively rude shit literally for no reason and against someone who isn't even staff

>rude shit = breaking the rules

>gets banned

>goes on a rant about staff and managment

Does he think he's right or what?What was his goal?To prove that the staff follows the rules on reporting rude behavior?Because it worked

PLD was being very rude, so I removed his posts and blocked him, but he did seem to make sense if you disregard his incivility. It really is inappropriate to rank characters that are officially only able to destroy the life of a single planet as tier 2, simply due to transcendant statements, if it completely contradicts the established scale of the setting.

If we have no reliable members who have read and are able to properly evaluate the series, it may be best to delete the profiles after all.

I am currently making my way through the series, if that helps at all. I would also like some context, are these completely normal planets? It may be a nasuverse situation where planets have some unorthidox mechanics

Thank you. Your help would be appreciated.

Antvasima said:
PLD was being very rude, so I removed his posts and blocked him, but he did seem to make sense if you disregard his incivility. It really is inappropriate to rank characters that are officially only able to destroy the life of a single planet as tier 2, simply due to transcendant statements, if it completely contradicts the established scale of the setting.
If we have no reliable members who have read and are able to properly evaluate the series, it may be best to delete the profiles after all.
Well the "officially" is actually the statement. Ginji Amano when he becomes Lord Of Creation, he says "i can wipe out all life on earth" (easily i think he said), but before that as you can read in 1 of the scans, him fighting against Masaki would actually end up destroying the entire spacetime.

The calc of 1 of the feats actually gives High 5-A result IIRC (and that's for basically fodder people).

And then there is The Archiver who as he said, IS tier 2 due to having a multiverse on his own. Im not arguing anyone is above the archiver, except for the people who are in the real world, a point i believe he missed. The people in the real world exist outside of the multiverse of the archiver, and are stated to be beyond time and space, that's quite the evidence (you can find it in the OP).

Okay. Noted. I am the wrong person to properly evaluate this.

Dienomite22 said:
@BMWFanboy (to PrincessLoverDarsch)

>decides to not counter OP's points and instead spouts objectively rude shit literally for no reason and against someone who isn't even staff

>rude shit = breaking the rules

>gets banned

>goes on a rant about staff and managment

Does he think he's right or what?What was his goal?To prove that the staff follows the rules on reporting rude behavior?Because it worked
I will convey this to PrincessLoverDarsch

Tbh I have read the series twice and I can confirm that besides Archiver and Ogre Battle Winner/Lord Of Creation Ginji, no one is Tier 2. The most you can get is Planet lvl stuffs with an absurd amount of Haxes and Resistances.

Well that's true but, the Ginji vs Masaki feat that would produce a universal feat was accepted (because monarch said that destroying the basis of an entire universe would be like destroying a character with that much durability) so that scaled to a couple of people.

And yes i agree that inside the virtual world only those 2 would scale to 2-A and no one else (AP wise), but the real world completely transcends the virtual one, so things change when we count the real world too.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Considering PrincessLoverDarsch is now banned I wouldn't recommend acting as his sock puppet.
Agreed.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Considering PrincessLoverDarsch is now banned I wouldn't recommend acting as his sock puppet.
Good that you would recommend that, however I think your recommendation would fall on deaf ears considering, well, nobody here is Darsch's sockpuppet.

That Ginji vs Masaki fight is taken way out of Context. Ginji vs Masaki fight threatened to destroy the IF not the Universe. That's a chain reaction feat. Consider this scenario: Character X fights Character Z in a large building that houses an extremely powerful potent inflammable substance in a very large container. Both X and Z can shoot Wall level energy blasts and are equal in terms of power level and during their scuffle, X's energy blast pierces the container and it causes an explosion which destroys the building as well as the nearby areas. So does that make X or Z city block level despite them only being Wall tiers?????

This is what happens in GB. Neither Raitei Ginji nor Masaki or anyone else are Tier 2 besides Archiver and Ogre Battle Winner Ginji. Not only do they lack any Consistent Uni level feats, but they wouldn't even survive the destruction. What you showed in the scans are 90% good af Space-Time hax along with Acausality stuffs. There's a lot of context behind GB which needs to be carefully assessed. Otherwise it'll just be another Lionel Suggs fest where the entire GB cast would be Universe+ to Multiversal easily.

Oh and the Real World stuff being High 2-A??? That's not it chief.

They specifically say that the GB Universe is a Virtual Universe that exists under the control of the Real world via Kagami's Magic Mirror parallel Dimension stuff. What's more, if the GB world were to become independent, it'll set itself free from the Time Axis of the real world and exist in it's own Time Axis aka as Parallel Universes.

Long Story Short, Real World in GB is just a parallel world which created the Virtual GB Universe and controls it using the help of the Archiver

Yes i know that. I even stated that exact thing as i was against the Low 2-C tiering. But an admin said it could be assumed that if IF is the basis for the universe (basically the thing that made it work and kept it's stability), it could be assumed that destroying IF would be a pretty big feat.

As i said i was against this addition and i would be ok with it being downgraded. (Would Raitei wiping of all life on earth count as a High 6-A feat? If yes it would scale to Akabane and Ban who are stronger than him).

RM97 said:
Oh and the Real World stuff being High 2-A??? That's not it chief.
They specifically say that the GB Universe is a Virtual Universe that exists under the control of the Real world via Kagami's Magic Mirror parallel Dimension stuff. What's more, if the GB world were to become independent, it'll set itself free from the Time Axis of the real world and exist in it's own Time Axis aka as Parallel Universes.

Long Story Short, Real World in GB is just a parallel world which created the Virtual GB Universe and controls it using the help of the Archiver
Well the real world would be High 2-A relative to the virtual world. The real world exists completely outside the virtual multiverse completely transcending the worlds time and space. Existing in a sense beyond it and controlling it.

And "with the help of the archiver", more like the archiver himself is the world. He's the code of the world changing the code of the archiver would change the code of the world.

Also if left unchecked it would create it's own story, not it's own time axis. The scientists created the archvier to be self-developing, but at the same time they wanted the world to follow the real world's history. If left unchecked the archiver being self-developing would start to create his own story and not replicate the story of the real world.

Tbh no offense but I really would not trust the words of someone who hasn't read the series and also, following admins' words are Appeal to Authority especially when they have 0 knowledge on the verse. IF being the basis of GB world is cool and all but lots of problems with that scaling stuff. Though that's a different topic so I digress.

High 6-A feat is fine by me and yeah they all should scale but I'm not going to participate here since I have prior commitments to the verse revision somewhere else. So peace out.

Also no.

Screenshot 20190603-225625
Screenshot 20190603-225633
Screenshot 20190603-225703
Screenshot 20190603-225718
Screenshot 20190603-225727
Chapter 342 explicitly explains how the Virtual Universe is a copy of the Real World that exists in an Adjoining dimension to the real world and how it's going to separate itself from the Time Axis by the Archiver. Aka it's a Parallel World to the Real World.

I've read GB twice by now and I'm currently on my 3rd Rerun. I could easily revise the verse here if I wanted to but I'm busy somewhere else. So yeah, later.

RM97 said:
I've read GB twice by now and I'm currently on my 3rd Rerun. I could easily revise the verse here if I wanted to but I'm busy somewhere else. So yeah, later.
The verse has been in limbo for a while, so if you do find the time you're more than welcome to make a revision for it.

Hmm i guess i could drop the High 2-A tiers for now. I'd like more knowledgable people to discuss it from scratch.

Everything else ok then?

I think that RM97 makes sense, so I would appreciate if he is willing to revise the verse.

I also trust RM97's judgement on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back