• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Firephoenixearl said:
Shubham Sonsurkar said:
Hey can anyone tell me how GER's Infinite Death loop works exactly does he need to kill his opponents first or does it activate on contact?
Kill. He kills once then repeats it.
can you or anyone else show me the proof that GER need to kill his opponent to activate Infinte Deathloop? because i didn't find anything GER killing Diavolo both in the manga and anime.

>Show me the proof

Facts and Logic says "he repeats the death infinitely" he still has to create something in order to repeat it though. If you can actually show me that he doesn't need to that'd be much appreciated though.

From the looks of it in the anime and manga,ger indeed needs to kill the opponent first but from the stand profile it's said that ger needs to only HIT his opponent.someone should probably go read the japanese ver of ger's stand profile to check if its a mistranslation or not

The stand stat does indeed say anyone hit by it will have even their death set to zero. But that wording doesn't mean he can put a target into a death loop without, well, a death.

Firephoenixearl said:
>Show me the proof
Facts and Logic says "he repeats the death infinitely" he still has to create something in order to repeat it though. If you can actually show me that he doesn't need to that'd be much appreciated though.
the fact is Diavolo did not even died after he get MUDA'd. he died because he was stabbed in the chest by a random person in a sewer.

the fact is Diavolo did not even died after he get MUDA'd. he died because he was stabbed in the chest by a random person in a sewer.

At that point Diavolo was already in the death loop, hence why he managed to lose against a random guy despite King Crimson.

I'm pretty sure Diavolo was never trully killed during any of that. Lines after GER activated from Trish and Giorno seem to imply he was still alive as well.

Firephoenixearl said:
The death doesn't need to come from GER, but does need to happen. There has to be a first death for there to be a loop at all.
where is it stated that i mean the other side gave us argument on diavolo beying alive now i think its fair that you give us evidence on why he was dead first

TriforcePower1 said:
At that point Diavolo was already in the death loop, hence why he managed to lose against a random guy despite King Crimson.
did you really forgot about Willpower Manipulation? he has no will to fight back. and actually it's the starting point of Deathloop,not "already" in Deathloop. also there's no indication that Diavolo was already in deathloop before he get stabbed.

Firephoenixearl said:
The death doesn't need to come from GER, but does need to happen. There has to be a first death for there to be a loop at all.
that's why GER should have fate manipulation or something similar. Diavolo was not directly killed by GER.

Alitudil0 said:
Firephoenixearl said:
that's why GER should have fate manipulation or something similar. Diavolo was not directly killed by GER.
That's not really GER"s power though. He just died randomly. GER didn't make Diavolo "fated to die".

>That's not really GER"s power though. He just died randomly. GER didn't make Diavolo "fated to die".

Ok now that is a lie. Every single death within that arc is a direct conseqence of GER's power, whether it was by him directly or his power. In fact when Diavolo was stabbed he was already within a paralel world.

Firephoenixearl said:
Alitudil0 said:
Firephoenixearl said:
That's not really GER"s power though. He just died randomly. GER didn't make Diavolo "fated to die".
he did tho.. "randomly died" is the result of GER Power manipulating the cause of his death.. repeatedly.

Agreed, that random death, wasn't random, it was caused by GER. Even if indirectly. Ad infinutum even.

ok enough of this, this specific topic should be made makking a new thread, this thread is based on what triforce has shown and the current argument whether GER does have fate manipulation which people disagrees and agrees. so the deathloop part should be made separately as it was not presented in the OP.

One thing that really bothers me about GER's ability:

GER's ability is just simply resetting cause and effect, right? So why is Diavolo experiencing tons of different deaths, supposedly across different parallel worlds, as opposed to infinitely dying over and over in the same spot?

This leads me to believe that either Return to Zero is something much deeper than simple causality manipulation, or that the death loop is a separate ability entirely.

Giorno is basically glitching Diavolo (or the Universe... or Multiple Universes...) into scenarios where he would die over, over, and over again.

That's what the ability is seemingly supposed to do.

And I honsetly think that GER's ability itself is too vague to be fully quantified/classified, and it's purpesfully left ambigous by the author for a multitude of reasons unrelated to battles between other Stands. As such, we can't really find a true explanation on how it truly works.

With this, I'm not saying that we should just say "**** it" and not try to understand what it does, I'm just syaing that trying to "reach the truth" on this argument through individual characters quotes or metaphorical phrases is pretty much pointless, and only leads to headcanons.

It isn't just causuality manipulation. That's just a pre-concieved notion that vs debating sites made up because at a simple glance yeah, that is kinda what it appears to be. Matter of the fact is, it isn't, it can perform causuality manipulation, but that isnt what it is. It's a tad more complex and ambigious then that.

Death Loop is apart of RTZ though, it's stated to be a direct consequece of it in the Stand bio. RTZ can just do a bunch of weird shit is all.

It's a case of what it shows it can do, it can do, but as it only has like 4 chapters of screentime it doesn't show much other then a few things. (unless you go composite but we're only talking canon here).

Causality manip is probably just another effect of rtz.GE can create life out of inanimate objects,with that ability he can also "heal".Someone who has wind manipulation can have pressure manipulation as it's linked with each other.RTZ resets even abstract things like willpower to 0,causality manip is just another thing that it can reset.

I'm currently writing a big blog that goes in depth trying to explain the intricacies of all the things Giorno can do, based on evidence gathered from the anime and manga. I might make a big 'ol content revision thread after this one gets finished.

That said, I'm not sure if I can contribute much more to this discussion.

Maxnumb231 said:
i also have the official translations guidebook regards to it.
Guidebooks? If you mean the japanese Stand Bio, that's easy to get ahold of it, I can post it right now if ya want. Guidebooks? The only information from any guidebook talks about how GER is basiaclly a GE in full bloom, nothing on its power.

As for interviews, GER isnt brought up in any interviews, trust me, I read through like 30 years worth a few weeks ago, I can even link you the archive.

If you got sauce post it though.

Do statements made by the author truly count? My best assumation is that as long as it's measurable statement. i.e. Araki stating how fast GER is

But what if it gets into ridiculous territories. "Speed is irrelevant to him" Do we take what was shown in the Manga or word of God? Is there a limit to when an Author's statements become actually non-credible to the story?

>Is there a limit to when an Author's statements become actually non-credible to the story?

Yes

• Word of God: Often abbreviated as "WOG" or "WoG." Author, or editorial, statements about a certain franchise, and/or its characters. However, take note that if this heavily contradicts, rather than complements, reliable in-story statements or feats, we tend to disregard them

Dunderbolt said:
Do statements made by the author truly count? My best assumation is that as long as it's measurable statement. i.e. Araki stating how fast GER is
Araki never said that though, in fact the most Araki has talked about GER other then the manga is trivialthings like why it's head opens up.

If you mean None, who in the **** actually even knows what that means. That's the vaguest thing Araki has ever wrote.

I know he hasn't I probably should've clarified that as a theoretical. Just like a what-if. I should've relied on an actual example, but one couldn't pop to mind.

Actually, I have a question about this, too; wouldn't GER get nullified by Type 5 Acausality?

Someone was trying to argue with me that GER could defeat Kharn, whereas I believe 1-A power null powered by a Causality Transcendant being would null GER instead.

SpookyShadow said:
I just noticed GER is listed on Fate Manip page
Rtz kinda messes with fate,like how diavolo is fated to die no matter what he does.Just surprised its not listed on his profile

Back